Home
UFC Undisputed 3 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

The UFC Undisputed 3 demo is available now for 360, later today for PS3.

*UPDATE: The demo is now available for PS3 users.

Play a few matches and post your impressions here. If you are away from your 360, you can queue it up right here.

As posted yesterday, the UFC Undisputed 3 demo roster includes Light Heavyweight champ Jon Jones and legend Anderson Silva, from the UFC side, while Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Wanderlei Silva, are available on the Pride FC side.

HOW TO DOWNLOAD THE DEMO
You may also see the demo promoted on storefront banners within XBOX Live Marketplace and the Playstation Store.

XBOX 360:
PLEASE NOTE - The UFC 3 demo is exclusive to XBOX Gold Members for the first 7 days (this is standard). It will be free to everyone after this period. There are many Gold trial options available if you are not a Gold member.

Hit Guide Button
Scroll to "Games" tab
Select "Demo"
Select "Search"
Scroll to "U"
Select "UFC 3" and download
PS3 (free to everyone):

PLAYSTATION 3:

Select "PlayStation Store"
Select "Demos"
Select "UFC 3" and download

Game: UFC Undisputed 3Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 12 - View All
UFC Undisputed 3 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 NYG_Meth @ 01/24/12 01:32 PM
CPU is still throwing way too many strikes/kicks even on simulation settings. I hope there's a way to tweak this in the final build...

# 22 JoeMimic @ 01/24/12 01:41 PM
Yeah they do but I doubt it will be cleaned up. It was a problem last year and it's still there after a longer development cycle.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

# 23 Gotmadskillzson @ 01/24/12 01:46 PM
I must say they nailed presentation this year. Just had a war with Wandy. It was awesome ! Sim settings is definitely the way to go. I love wall walking up against the cage and the ropes. Very NICEEEE.

I know sports league don't allow it, but EA Sports and 2K sports should REALLY re-consider having yearly releases. They should make a very strong case to have a release every other year and just do roster updates and patches during the off year.

This game is a BIG improvement from 2010.

# 24 davis420 @ 01/24/12 01:50 PM
I think this game is WAY better then the other 2 games. Once I learn the moves, I think this is going to be a day 1 buy!

# 25 JoeMimic @ 01/24/12 01:50 PM
Anyone else love how Rampage immediately tries to throw a bomb after you touch gloves every single time?

# 26 Gotmadskillzson @ 01/24/12 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMimic
Anyone else love how Rampage immediately tries to throw a bomb after you touch gloves every single time?

Wandy does it too.

# 27 JoeMimic @ 01/24/12 02:08 PM
Oh! I've been Wand the majority of the time because I was going for a leg kick TKO.

# 28 Blak_Baki_Hanma @ 01/24/12 02:08 PM
Played one match... UFC... all default.. me Silva vs CPU Jones.
"True First Impression": I want to play again... WOW!

On my first impression alone, I would buy this game.

# 29 DaveDQ @ 01/24/12 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
CPU is still throwing way too many strikes/kicks even on simulation settings. I hope there's a way to tweak this in the final build...
I noticed that too but thought it might be attributed to me playing at a lower difficulty.

# 30 aholbert32 @ 01/24/12 02:13 PM
Quote:
Felt the same way about the demo. Silva comes out firing strikes. Doubt we will be able to tweak this because there are no sliders. Good thing is once you step forward and fire back the CPU will back off a little.

This appears to be the way THQ wants the game. They dont want CPU Silva sitting back feeling out people for the first 2 minutes of the round like he does in real life.

# 31 aholbert32 @ 01/24/12 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I noticed that too but thought it might be attributed to me playing at a lower difficulty.
Nope its like that on Advanced and higher. With that said, its not as bad as 2010. Also keep in mind that with sim settings, the CPU wont be able to throw strikes like that in rounds 2 and 3.

# 32 Gotmadskillzson @ 01/24/12 03:04 PM
Anderson Silva is pretty hard to beat. I beat him 2 out of 10 times. Standing he KO'ed me a couple of times with his spinning head kick. Take him to the ground and he submitted me 4 times with the triangle.

He does a pretty good job swaying on his feet as well.

# 33 NYG_Meth @ 01/24/12 03:36 PM
WAYYYYY too many strikes thrown when I played against Wandy on sim mode.

# 34 NYG_Meth @ 01/24/12 03:40 PM
Quote:
WAYYYYY too many strikes thrown when I played against Wandy on sim mode.
Using quick strikes like jabs and straights actually does a surprisingly good job at keeping aggressive guys at bay.

# 35 CDubakaFaTality @ 01/24/12 03:45 PM
I agree too many strikes thrown on sim but its up to us to get on their asses about it so they can patch that but besides that fact the game is a wonderful upgrade from 2010....jus wish the entrances cud be full ones and not skipping cutscenes but who am i to complain about a small factor of entrance lol february 14th cant come soon enough

# 36 aholbert32 @ 01/24/12 03:45 PM
Quote:
Using quick strikes like jabs and straights actually does a surprisingly good job at keeping aggressive guys at bay.
Yep. I just hope there is more of a difference with other fighters. I dont want Maia throwing non stop haymakers.

# 37 Phobia @ 01/24/12 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Yep. I just hope there is more of a difference with other fighters. I dont want Maia throwing non stop haymakers.
I personally don't see that happening. Lets look at couple reasons why.

1) Why make fighters fight like their real life self's yet not add realistic stamina as default

2) Why have a problem exist with over aggressive fighters that people complained about TWO years ago. Yet goes unfixed in the new entry.

Now the reason I think these things exist this way is they WANT it to play this way. First, they want the game to play out like a nonstop haymaker fest with two guys throwing 20 spinning backfist in a round while not being gassed. Second, they want the CPU to pressure nonstop with the same play style they want the default online to be like. They are after the ADHD crowd, people who can't sit and enjoy a good strategy filled experience. The crowd who wants 3 to 4 min run and gun COD deathmatch settings.

They don't want the game to play like a realistic sim. If so the game would be designed from the ground up to play more inline to real life. Instead they want a over the top version of that filled with punching punching punching, kicking kicking, kicking, punching, punching and knockout after knockouts.

So long story short they make the game in the mind set of pure action 100% of the time with the CPU pressing non-damn stop. They feel down time, or realistic pace would reduce sales evidently & turn off the hyperactive crowd they want to target. So in turn the entire product hurts because of these poor design decisions.

Very little games I have extreme passion about. The fight game (boxing & MMA) and Football. But when it comes to those two, I want and expect realism.

# 38 JoeMimic @ 01/24/12 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I personally don't see that happening. Lets look at couple reasons why.

1) Why make fighters fight like their real life self's yet not add realistic stamina as default

2) Why have a problem exist with over aggressive fighters that people complained about TWO years ago. Yet goes unfixed in the new entry.

Now the reason I think these things exist this way is they WANT it to play this way. First, they want the game to play out like a nonstop haymaker fest with two guys throwing 20 spinning backfist in a round while not being gassed. Second, they want the CPU to pressure nonstop with the same play style they want the default online to be like. They are after the ADHD crowd, people who can't sit and enjoy a good strategy filled experience. The crowd who wants 3 to 4 min run and gun COD deathmatch settings.

They don't want the game to play like a realistic sim. If so the game would be designed from the ground up to play more inline to real life. Instead they want a over the top version of that filled with punching punching punching, kicking kicking, kicking, punching, punching and knockout after knockouts.

So long story short they make the game in the mind set of pure action 100% of the time with the CPU pressing non-damn stop. They feel down time, or realistic pace would reduce sales evidently & turn off the hyperactive crowd they want to target. So in turn the entire product hurts because of these poor design decisions.

Very little games I have extreme passion about. The fight game (boxing & MMA) and Football. But when it comes to those two, I want and expect realism.
I agree, I don't hold out much hope for the final build. It's one of the reasons they picked Anderson Silva and Jon Jones for the demo, every other move is a spinning or flying something. If only we could get some sliders and possibly be able to edit guys already in the game that would be awesome. I mean they have it in their WWE game why not here?

# 39 aholbert32 @ 01/24/12 04:17 PM
I'm somewhat hopeful that there will be a difference. Even with the demo, CPU Jones and CPU Silva fight differently. Jones utilizes a ton of kicks and goes for takedowns. Silva throws punches primarily and is constantly going for the clinch. I havent seen CPU Silva go for a double leg takedown in the 4 times I went against him this morning.

# 40 JoeMimic @ 01/24/12 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'm somewhat hopeful that there will be a difference. Even with the demo, CPU Jones and CPU Silva fight differently. Jones utilizes a ton of kicks and goes for takedowns. Silva throws punches primarily and is constantly going for the clinch. I havent seen CPU Silva go for a double leg takedown in the 4 times I went against him this morning.
I had him sneak one in on me when I was climbing off of him and I didn't move away fast enough. I don't know if that's a new animation but he was getting to his feet and went for a super quick takedown.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.