Home
UFC Undisputed 3 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

The UFC Undisputed 3 demo is available now for 360, later today for PS3.

*UPDATE: The demo is now available for PS3 users.

Play a few matches and post your impressions here. If you are away from your 360, you can queue it up right here.

As posted yesterday, the UFC Undisputed 3 demo roster includes Light Heavyweight champ Jon Jones and legend Anderson Silva, from the UFC side, while Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Wanderlei Silva, are available on the Pride FC side.

HOW TO DOWNLOAD THE DEMO
You may also see the demo promoted on storefront banners within XBOX Live Marketplace and the Playstation Store.

XBOX 360:
PLEASE NOTE - The UFC 3 demo is exclusive to XBOX Gold Members for the first 7 days (this is standard). It will be free to everyone after this period. There are many Gold trial options available if you are not a Gold member.

Hit Guide Button
Scroll to "Games" tab
Select "Demo"
Select "Search"
Scroll to "U"
Select "UFC 3" and download
PS3 (free to everyone):

PLAYSTATION 3:

Select "PlayStation Store"
Select "Demos"
Select "UFC 3" and download

Game: UFC Undisputed 3Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 12 - View All
UFC Undisputed 3 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 p_rushing @ 01/25/12 03:41 PM
The aggressive ai may be because of the round timing. It is not a full 5 mins. I don't know why they have to use an accelerated clock when you are only talking about 25 minutes max. It looks like the round timing is close to 2.5 minutes. They should make that an option to change and then that would probably help keep the ai back and not charging the whole time.

# 142 aholbert32 @ 01/25/12 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
Anyone check agressiveness on easy and normal instead of just hard and very hard?
Its much worse on easy and normal. On hard and very hard, the cpu is more likely to defend and take a step back. I've actually gone 30 seconds with the CPU not throwing punches because it was stepping back and resetting looking for counters.

On Easy and Normal, the CPU is careless so it just goes forward.

# 143 Phobia @ 01/25/12 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
only got to try out 2 fights of each organization so far. 1st fight i was Rampage and got dominated by the Ax Murderer. He KO'd me though on a shot where i clearly landed the stronger punch. He rocked me most of the fight because i was getting used to the guys not moving in and out that fast. 2nd fight i got my revenge and took him out with an uppercut.

For the UFC i was Jon Jones and spent most of the fight on top of Silva on the ground, just landing elbows. I won a decision in that fight. The next one i ended up TKOing him after landing a nice spinning back fist to drop him.

I was impressed with this years game and it does make me want to go out and get it but the only complaints i really had were the ability to circle still isn't that great. It's important in real life fighting to be able to move in and out or cirlce around but in video games you often are forced to stand in front of your opponent. The other thing was that they make Jon Jones throw too many spinning back elbows. Not that they make you throw them but it's a move that is way too easy to overuse especially because it's one of his best to KO people with. The last thing is picky but just the lack of emotion from Buffer. Anyone who watches the UFC know about his signature moves and how nuts he goes especially for main events. But in the game you don't get that emotion. In addition to that the Jon Jones chant sounds kind of lame. They need to work on the crowd noise.

Overall though i enjoyed the demo and i'm now at least thinking of buying it. I just how a career mode or season mode where we don't have to create a custom guy can keep me interested enough to justify buying it.
For the first time in a UFC game I am excited about the offline to be honest. The Sim stamina setting and Advanced difficulty is challenging but also fair and the fights can go either way for me. I am excited to see how CAF offline career mode will be. I wanna know if I create a dominant submission guy that I can rule the ground and catch the CPU with submissions this year.

# 144 godylla @ 01/25/12 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Overall though i enjoyed the demo and i'm now at least thinking of buying it. I just how a career mode or season mode where we don't have to create a custom guy can keep me interested enough to justify buying it.
You can take an actual fighter into Career Mode this year. There is a lengthy video on Gamespot where they glance over Career Mode. At about the 23:25 mark they start talking about Career Mode. Here is the link:

http://www.gamespot.com/ufc-undisput...ted-3-6349151/

# 145 jb12780 @ 01/25/12 06:00 PM
Had a pretty awesome moment. I KO'd Silva with Rampage with an uppercut, and when I approached him and pressed X, he did the Hendo forearm smash.

# 146 ManiacMatt1782 @ 01/25/12 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyrm187
fair enough on the side mount - I can't believe no one else is not experiencing accidentally initiating subs - we were both doing it with fairly new controllers ... not a game breaker - just super annoying.

I feel like this game wont need too many tweaks when it comes out which is refreshing- I can live without any actually, a shame there will be no ranked sim fatigue setting but maybe they'll patch it.

more questions

Has anyone entered the stun state from a body blow? havent seen that yet

and is it always X amount of leg kicks before a leg kick TKO? or can you almost have a like flash leg kick KO?
Some transition reversals go directly to a sub.

# 147 UltimateUrijah @ 01/25/12 07:56 PM
Holy hell. I can't stop playing Pride mode! Me and some friends have been taking turns doing 1v1's, its so much fun lol. I really love the Pride ruleset, being able to stomp/kick/knee a downed opponents head makes it so much more visceral feeling. So violent! I'm loving it lol.

# 148 OSUFan_88 @ 01/25/12 08:38 PM
Having stayed away from MMA for about a year, this game has suddenly reignited my passion for the sport.

Really an awesome game so far. The PRIDE aspect is AMAZING!

# 149 DaveDQ @ 01/25/12 08:42 PM
They do a great job with the commentary during replays when a guy gets knocked out.

# 150 jeremym480 @ 01/25/12 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
They do a great job with the commentary during replays when a guy gets knocked out.
I really like the commentary with the exception of when a fight goes to a decision. Just because it goes to the judges doesn't mean that it's boring (see Hendo/Shogun, Edgar/Maynard 2, etc.). Hopefully, it's just a demo size issue.

Tonight I played about 11-12 fights (8-9 UFC and the rest Pride). I used the same setting in each fight - Which was expert, default, sim. I didn't see a single knockout in all of the UFC fights. Anyone who played the KO fest that 2010 was knows that this is potentially a great thing. I did get knocked-out by Wandy in Pride mode, but it was about 8 minutes into the fight. The rest of the Pride fights ended in TKO.

I still think that the CPU is a little to aggressive, however I noticed that if you give that a hard counter punch or two, then they will back off quite a bit. I actually noticed a few times were the CPU would go more that 20-25 seconds without making a single offensive move. I'm definitely not seeing the 3 punches and take down thing. I did have one fight were Anderson would grab me in the clinch every chance he got, but that's a positive, in my opinion. I don't want the A.I. to fight the same way every time.

One negative is that the CPU's stamina is off. I kept noticing that my fighters stamina was always less than my opponents at the end of each fight. I turned the HUD on for the last few fights and you can clearly that your stamina drains faster. Unless I'm imagining it, but I don't think that I am.

# 151 godylla @ 01/25/12 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I really like the commentary with the exception of when a fight goes to a decision. Just because it goes to the judges doesn't mean that it's boring (see Hendo/Shogun, Edgar/Maynard 2, etc.). Hopefully, it's just a demo size issue.

Tonight I played about 11-12 fights (8-9 UFC and the rest Pride). I used the same setting in each fight - Which was expert, default, sim. I didn't see a single knockout in all of the UFC fights. Anyone who played the KO fest that 2010 was knows that this is potentially a great thing. I did get knocked-out by Wandy in Pride mode, but it was about 8 minutes into the fight. The rest of the Pride fights ended in TKO.

I still think that the CPU is a little to aggressive, however I noticed that if you give that a hard counter punch or two, then they will back off quite a bit. I actually noticed a few times were the CPU would go more that 20-25 seconds without making a single offensive move. I'm definitely not seeing the 3 punches and take down thing. I did have one fight were Anderson would grab me in the clinch every chance he got, but that's a positive, in my opinion. I don't want the A.I. to fight the same way every time.

One negative is that the CPU's stamina is off. I kept noticing that my fighters stamina was always less than my opponents at the end of each fight. I turned the HUD on for the last few fights and you can clearly that your stamina drains faster. Unless I'm imagining it, but I don't think that I am.
I agree. I feel that the CPU's stamina is not decreasing at the same pace.

# 152 NYG_Meth @ 01/26/12 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Its much worse on easy and normal. On hard and very hard, the cpu is more likely to defend and take a step back. I've actually gone 30 seconds with the CPU not throwing punches because it was stepping back and resetting looking for counters.

On Easy and Normal, the CPU is careless so it just goes forward.
Are they still constantly coming forward even though they're not throwing strikes? That seems to be the big issue. They don't attack too much if they're out of range on any difficulty for the most part. It's when they get in range that they start flurrying, and since they keep coming forward, they're always threatening to be in-range.

On advanced, the CPU isn't throwing as much, but for the most part, it's still plodding forward. Now it's just coming forward and waiting before it strikes lol.

# 153 Gotmadskillzson @ 01/26/12 03:28 AM
Hats off to anybody who can beat Anderson Silva on the highest difficulty level, I think they call it Legendary this year. That guy is a bob and weave master. Take him to the ground, he will either submit you or QUICKLY put you in the butterfly guard and kick you off him.

Seriously he made me look FOOLISH. Out of 20 punches, I landed just 5 of them because he bobbed and weaved the rest of them, left me hitting nothing but air.

He even KO'ed me with a jab like he did Forest Griffin.

# 154 seasprite @ 01/26/12 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I really like the commentary with the exception of when a fight goes to a decision. Just because it goes to the judges doesn't mean that it's boring (see Hendo/Shogun, Edgar/Maynard 2, etc.).
Not sure I am understanding you, are you saying that when you have a fight go to decision, the commentary after the match is saying it was a boring fight? If you are, I am having a completely different experience. Two of the fights that I had go to decision, Rogan kept going on and on about how this fight was the fight of the century....or something along those lines.

# 155 seasprite @ 01/26/12 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT-Mac
I'm just getting dissapointed while reading these things. I've been waiting for a SIMULATION ufc game since 2009 but here we go again. I'll still try the demo when available for silver users like me and make my final decision about should I buy this or not. But feels like this game hasn't changed enough. Maybe I'll keep 2010 and punch my *** of striking buttons and then get submitted
Perhaps you should wait until you actually have played the demo or game before you give your "impression". There have been a good amount of changes from 10 to this year (in the demo anyways).

# 156 aholbert32 @ 01/26/12 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT-Mac
I'm just getting dissapointed while reading these things. I've been waiting for a SIMULATION ufc game since 2009 but here we go again. I'll still try the demo when available for silver users like me and make my final decision about should I buy this or not. But feels like this game hasn't changed enough. Maybe I'll keep 2010 and punch my *** of striking buttons and then get submitted
You will NEVER see a simulation UFC game. Whether its THQ, EA or any developer.

# 157 BlueNGold @ 01/26/12 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
You will NEVER see a simulation UFC game. Whether its THQ, EA or any developer.
What makes you say this?

# 158 jeremym480 @ 01/26/12 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
Not sure I am understanding you, are you saying that when you have a fight go to decision, the commentary after the match is saying it was a boring fight? If you are, I am having a completely different experience. Two of the fights that I had go to decision, Rogan kept going on and on about how this fight was the fight of the century....or something along those lines.
In most of the fights that I had last night (I can't remember the exact commentary), but most of the time it ended with Rogan saying something along the lines of "Yeah, that definitely wasn't embarrassing". Maybe it's because I'm trying to fight at a slower place. Nevertheless, it's the same line that I heard a gazillion times in 2010. I have heard a new line in there too that I can't quite remember (I'll pay more attention the next time I play) so I know they did put some work into commentary. I'm just hoping that we hear a variety of commentary and that it is closer to NBA 2K than Madden.

# 159 DBMcGee3 @ 01/26/12 09:34 AM
Man this demo is tight. Admittedly, I liked the EA Sports MMA game better than the last UFC game, but this one looks like a whole new animal. I still think the right stick feels better than the face buttons as far as stand-up, but I'll get the hang of it again I'm sure. At least they fixed the submission system. It's actually like a rich man's version of the MMA sub system, where you try to overlap the other guy's cursor to tap him out. The beauty of this, however, is that you can actually see both cursors, rather than blindly flipping the stick around waiting for a vibration. I don't know, it just makes me feel like I'm not being cheated so much by the CPU.

# 160 DaveDQ @ 01/26/12 09:46 AM
I moved it up to Advanced and am getting better results, but I'm not crazy about how they work stamina. It's not that they are completely wrong about it. If you get hit too much your stamina drains, as it should, but still...if a guy is in your face, throwing a bunch of punches, he should be draining fast.

I need to give Advanced more time, but I think overall it feels right. I feel like if you defend yourself, the CPU does back off. Maybe the CPU is overly aggressive based on the user being more contemplative in his approach. That would actually be nice as someone who can knock you out with one shot should try and get in there and land it.

However, I think if you come out overly aggressive, you should drop in energy faster.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.