Home
Tiger 13 News Post

EA just sent us details of the Kinect integration with Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 -- it is the first AAA Sports Sim to integrate the Kinect into its controls:

Quote:
"As the first-ever sports simulation game for Kinect for Xbox 360, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 will provide gamers with a whole new level of immersion while playing the game. Kinect tracks full body movements to create the most advanced virtual golf swing to date. Golf fans can play the game controller-free and use voice-enabled commands, which provide for a unique and fun way to hit the links. The full body movement tracking scans more than 1,000 data points in real-time to recognize the player’s swing mechanics and create a virtual golf swing like never before.

By utilizing Kinect, gamers can not only play the game with their body, they can navigate all the front-end menus with simple hand motions. In addition, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 features a “See it, Say it” functionality. “See it, Say it” allows gamers to say any command they see on the screen and execute it in game. For example, if a player wants to use a different club and change the game’s default club selection they simply have to say “Change Club, 5 Iron”. Through the power of Kinect, there is no need to toggle through menu options with the traditional controller."

To get through the pure PR speak, you can check out this blog from Eric Busch, one of the designers of Tiger 13.

Overall, the integration looks solid, although I'll have to wait and see it in person before I go all in. What do you guys think?

Game: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 10 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 huntt26 @ 01/24/12 01:46 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing it in action, and trying it myself! As long as I can use it across the board in all game modes, and the accuracy is solid, I'm sold.

I will be lining up tee-times with my friends on live for sure

# 2 OnlookerDelay @ 02/10/12 07:13 PM
Apparently there was a Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 preview event held in New York City recently, and Adam Rosenberg of G4TV was in attendance. He has a preview up at the website, although there's no new revelations in it other than the following:

Once the ball is in the air, you can twist and turn a balled fist in front of the screen to manipulate the spin on the ball. It's not exactly accurate to real life, since most golfers--possibly even all?--don't have telekinetic powers. It's a cool gesture-oriented take on a longtime Tiger game feature...

Adam said he was playing the game in the easiest difficulty level and that it was easy to hit the ball straight. I know in the video with Tiger playing using the Kinect, they hadn't decided on the control mechanism for post shot spin in Amateur and Pro difficulty... we now have that answer.

http://www.g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/6...re-the-golfer/

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.