Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

It seems there are still plenty of gamers out there, playing NBA 2K11, according to a recent article from Kotaku's Owen Good.

Quote:
At first blush it doesn't seem to stand out: NBA 2K11 cracked the top 20 of most played titles on the Xbox 360 for the week of Jan. 16. But when you peel it back, that's actually quite astonishing, to see an old version of a sports video game resurface more than 15 months after its release.

This is not unprecedented. EA Sports' FIFA series routinely places its two most current editions in the Xbox Live top 20, especially around the time the new version is releasing. (FIFA 11 and FIFA 12 were top 20 from 12's Sept. 27 release to the end of the year.) FIFA's global popularity certainly explains its longevity here. Madden, EA Sports' long-running powerhouse, also does a double-dip in its release window, though it drops off more quickly.

But a look back suggests that when the old version leaves the top 20, it usually doesn't come back. Certainly not after a three-month layoff.

Source - A Puzzling Resurgence in Popularity for NBA 2K11 (Kotaku)

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Boogiemanjay @ 01/30/12 04:26 PM
2k just open the doo for EA if one gen comes out with
College game with a my player mode that extend to
NBA game thats what I'm going with

# 42 BigDaneAyMane @ 01/30/12 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRome
I'll take 2k8 over both of them. But when comparing the two 2k11 is much better. If your looking for online competition. I thought 2k11 was pretty stiff. Until I played 2k12. I was wondering if it wouid rank. I have seen up to 15,000 people online.

Me personally I would pay 60 bucks for online access and roster updates for 2k8. It was the last time you could actually make moves in real time in a 2k basketball game. The lobby was the best. Too bad all the complainers from this site who used to get blasted online and then have someone tell the world in the lobby complained so much they took out the message board.

Nice job guys.
Completely agree with you. 2K8 was the pinnacle of the series if you ask me, with 2K11 being a close second.

The gameplay in 2K12 is extremely vanilla. In 2K11, I remember seeing amazing animations I had never seen before up until 2K12's release despite playing the game for a year. Mapping everything to the right stick has made it impossible to pull off certain things with any fluidity.

The pacing, the live ball, and the lack of effective cheese is 2K12's strength. But again, as someone stated, the things 2K12 does bad, it does extremely bad.

This series as a whole is a massive disappointment in terms of how the online has developed over the years. If you had told me two years ago that I would even consider buying EA basketball again, I would've laughed at you, but 2K has left the door open for EA to make a strong comeback and I will definitely at least give them a shot.

This thread is making me want to pick up 2K11 again though...

# 43 nova91 @ 01/31/12 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaneAyMane
Completely agree with you. 2K8 was the pinnacle of the series if you ask me, with 2K11 being a close second.

The gameplay in 2K12 is extremely vanilla. In 2K11, I remember seeing amazing animations I had never seen before up until 2K12's release despite playing the game for a year. Mapping everything to the right stick has made it impossible to pull off certain things with any fluidity.

The pacing, the live ball, and the lack of effective cheese is 2K12's strength. But again, as someone stated, the things 2K12 does bad, it does extremely bad.

This series as a whole is a massive disappointment in terms of how the online has developed over the years. If you had told me two years ago that I would even consider buying EA basketball again, I would've laughed at you, but 2K has left the door open for EA to make a strong comeback and I will definitely at least give them a shot.

This thread is making me want to pick up 2K11 again though...
Yeah I loved NBA and C-Hoops 2k8, that was the last time I had constant fun with a 2k basketball game.

# 44 MMurda @ 02/01/12 12:01 PM
i never did get 2k12....still enjoying my nuggets assoc on 2k11 in the 2017-18 season. this game is a classic....not to mention i have the rosters going back to 1985 so i never get bored. the only thing i was looking forward to with 2k12 was the online assoc...but it flopped plus too many other blockbuster games came out around same time. and they still have probs with online connections STILL!!

im just to the point with sports games in general where im done with the every yr purchase and doing every other yr purchases for all titles. seems to work out better that way for me, besides i think they should do that in the industry anyway, to cut down on bugs and being patch happy.

# 45 CX1329 @ 02/01/12 12:27 PM
2K11 with mkharsh's rosters and sliders is the greatest basketball game I've ever played. 2K12 is fun, but the AI definitely took a step backwards, and that prevents me from enjoying it as much as I do 2K11. I'll keep playing 2K12 until the novelty wears off, but 2K11 will be the game that will hold me over until 2K13.

# 46 mlp111 @ 02/01/12 04:20 PM
man, to each its own, but i have to say that 2k12 hands down is a better game for me, playbooks, post, was things that made me stay with 2k12, i loved 2k11, but it cant compete with 2k12, only thing i miss about 2k11 is the 'big blocks'

# 47 ZB9 @ 02/01/12 07:37 PM
212 online (especially with the classic teams) is the best experience ive had online gaming...its the best representation of the NBA (or any American pro sport for that matter) that ive seen and ive never had so much fun getting my competition fix. props 2k

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.