Home
News Post

Playstation.Blog has posted some MLB 12 The Show franchise mode improvements.

Quote:
One of our goals going into this development cycle was to enhance the trade logic for CPU teams to better mimic their real-life counterparts. In order to do so, we had to examine the current system and identify the faults to then build and improve upon it. This year we are considering more factors in each trade offer, with the end result being more realistic trades. Teams are valuing their rosters much higher this year, and they aren’t going to ship out prospects so easily, nor will they offer up too many players to fill a positional void. You’ll also see more trades that better suit the teams’ current strategies (i.e. playoff push vs. rebuilding strategies).

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 curly fries @ 01/27/12 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen

Nice!

# 2 CubFan23 @ 01/27/12 01:34 PM
As an offline franchise only player, this is good!

# 3 Sco291 @ 01/27/12 01:43 PM
Sounds great, and sounds like they took the perfect steps in making Franchise better. Hopefully Franchise is the talk of the town next year

But I like what they did with the new interfaces, looks sleeker and has more available info, and the ability to view player cards during games should be/could be very helpful. Nic!

# 4 garyjr33 @ 01/27/12 01:44 PM
I definitely like what I saw. Hopefully, it all works and all of the bugs are ironed out. I really like the new franchise home interface, and rebuilding vs. contender trade status for teams. An accurate team interest meter for trades is always a great feature as well. I am also really looking forward to the announcers talking about streaks, awards races, slumps, milestones, all-star caliber seasons, etc. within a franchise.

Anyone know if the end of the season award logic is truly accurate this year? I feel like I may have seen that somewhere in one of these threads (maybe that there was a coding problem for it last year and they fixed it now).

# 5 garyjr33 @ 01/27/12 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco291
Sounds great, and sounds like they took the perfect steps in making Franchise better. Hopefully Franchise is the talk of the town next year

But I like what they did with the new interfaces, looks sleeker and has more available info, and the ability to view player cards during games should be/could be very helpful. Nic!
I definitely think viewing the player cards during the game will be very useful for late game matchups and pinch hitters/runners. All of the managerial decisions can be based on in game stats/tendencies as well as real life knowledge.

# 6 Knight165 @ 01/27/12 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyjr33
I definitely think viewing the player cards during the game will be very useful for late game matchups and pinch hitters/runners. All of the managerial decisions can be based on in game stats/tendencies as well as real life knowledge.
...and in addition to the screen you saw with the attributes....you can flip the card and get the new advanced stats additions to the card for the current season as well.

M.K.
Knight165

# 7 sydrogerdavid @ 01/27/12 02:00 PM
Thanks for being so generous with Lance Lynn's rating. A potential for Mr. Freese, awesome!

# 8 MC2 @ 01/27/12 02:00 PM
The 2nd trade and lineups picture, is that on the PS3 or Vita?

# 9 NEXTTOSPEED @ 01/27/12 02:01 PM
Wow, great read!!! always play franchise offline, so these improvements have me salivating!!! Cant not wait for this game!!! Also cant wait for Knight and co. rosters 2 start my real franchise!!!

# 10 NDAlum @ 01/27/12 02:01 PM
I'm officially sold after this insight. I'm an offline franchise guy. This is awesome!

# 11 Knight165 @ 01/27/12 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC2
The 2nd trade and lineups picture, is that on the PS3 or Vita?
Vita.

M.K.
Knight165

# 12 Drew127 @ 01/27/12 02:13 PM
The revamped player card alone has sold me! I hated, hated, hated the old player card. It didn't take advantage of screen real estate and it was dated. The new design is exactly what I wanted!

I'm loving the redesigned menus, especially the new lineup screen.

Factor in improved logic for trades, FA's, and CPU lineup generation, and I'm very excited for franchise this year. Honestly, I was somewhat disappointed after hearing the community day guys answer questions. But the minor cosmetic changes alone will make it so much more enjoyable for me this year, and that's something that this blog has done a nice job of exposing.

# 13 Flaxseed Oil @ 01/27/12 02:22 PM
I remember reading somewhere about a new free agent process. Is this true? If so, I wish they had mentioned that in the blog.

# 14 myghty @ 01/27/12 02:26 PM
I knew there was going to be some new info today & what a good one it is. Im a franchise guy & I like what I see.

# 15 Drew127 @ 01/27/12 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liftheavy
Looks good...i would like to see the stat display on the player card.
That's true, I doubt they enhanced the actual underlying stats though. Just the display, I have a feeling. Maybe I'm wrong.

# 16 Majingir @ 01/27/12 02:31 PM
Wonder if there'll be a trade finder option too? That's the most useful thing for franchise modes for me.

# 17 Saviour13 @ 01/27/12 02:34 PM
There improvements are awesome.

The best thing about this franchise is that it seems like every year, they have improvements. Not many sports game can say that.

# 18 econoodle @ 01/27/12 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaxseed Oil
I remember reading somewhere about a new free agent process. Is this true? If so, I wish they had mentioned that in the blog.
true.
it was weird that that was listed as a new part of franchise and it wasn't even mentioned in the franchise blog.

# 19 garyjr33 @ 01/27/12 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
...and in addition to the screen you saw with the attributes....you can flip the card and get the new advanced stats additions to the card for the current season as well.

M.K.
Knight165
The advanced stats that were 99 cents to 2.99 last year (I forget the price)? Do we have to buy them again? On that same note, do you have to buy the classic stadiums again from 11?

# 20 Doormat @ 01/27/12 02:50 PM
Love the great new features, makes me wonder how much more better it will be when they fully focus on it (maybe next year or 14). Amazing work guys

« Previous123456789Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.