Home
News Post

Playstation.Blog has posted some MLB 12 The Show franchise mode improvements.

Quote:
One of our goals going into this development cycle was to enhance the trade logic for CPU teams to better mimic their real-life counterparts. In order to do so, we had to examine the current system and identify the faults to then build and improve upon it. This year we are considering more factors in each trade offer, with the end result being more realistic trades. Teams are valuing their rosters much higher this year, and they aren’t going to ship out prospects so easily, nor will they offer up too many players to fill a positional void. You’ll also see more trades that better suit the teams’ current strategies (i.e. playoff push vs. rebuilding strategies).

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Pared @ 01/28/12 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Really?
I can only shake my head.
I find it a boring aspect of any game to discuss....and quite frankly, couldn't care less on how they look as long as they are there and work!

Oh....no numbers.

M.K.
Knight165
Oh c'mon Knight! This is such rubbish - you were just as excited as a kid in a candy store once the "boring" stuff was brought in! Don't play me like that!

And rightfully so - look at all the responses to the changes in franchise.

And this is nothing. There's a solid vision for the future and it's only going to get better.

# 122 Knight165 @ 01/28/12 11:14 AM
Legionnaire and nomo....two excellent posts on the potential/progression aspect of the game.
Good ideas and yes...a consistency attribute would be a good one IMO.

I think what we all would like is something that Legion alluded to.....give us a real reason to look at and watch over our minor leagues. Auto-pilot is a very good way to put it. I think we would ALL like it to be more dynamic in many ways.
Another thing would be adding coaches/managers to the minors and really have them have some sort of influence on their progression.
Just another reason also, that I would really like to have all attributes and potential as an option...to be hidden in franchise. I want to go off of what I see in regards to stats......and my coaching/scouting reports.

Pared....

I don't mean the content and even layout of those screens.....that definitely is something I'm very interested in.
I was referring to the colors...fonts....etc in terms of actual "look" that doesn't grab me.

But then again...when it does look really good....I'm happy!

M.K.
Knight165

# 123 Knight165 @ 01/28/12 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eucharist79
Thanks so much for this thread, it is very informative and I appreciate the open and honest communication that is clearly present on OS. I have two questions: Did SCEA properly adjust someone like Gabby Sanchez Hot/Cold Zones because last year his Hitters Zones vs. RHP/LHP were all Blue, and there are others players that need to be updated. (Not to many, maybe 30 or 40 players) My second question is did they fix the logic in SportCast Manager or did they leave this mode untouched for MLB 12:The Show? Thanks everyone for your kindness and patience
The hot/cold zones are supposed be dynamic(in season)...so I'm not sure if they start them in accordance with previous production or just have them start "random". Good question.
SC manager is the same.
Can you tell me what you would like to see in it?...I'll get that into the list I'm sending to the team.
Thanks.

M.K.
Knight165

# 124 slyfox @ 01/28/12 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
There are alot more stats this year. RISP, VSL, VSR etc.....tons that you can access anywhere you can highlight a player.

Edit: Those are just a few of the new ones!!
So there's more stats, but are they presented/organized better so that I don't have to constantly scroll several pages? That's always been an area I felt needed much improvement.

# 125 Knight165 @ 01/28/12 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox
So there's more stats, but are they presented/organized better so that I don't have to constantly scroll several pages? That's always been an area I felt needed much improvement.
Those stats(on the STATISTICS page) are the same....yes...the one you have to scroll for three days to the right.
I guess what they could do is try and use tabs for the different categories. I could definitely suggest that. Would make easier reading.

He's talking about on the player cared....I think it's flip the card...then tab it twice for two pages of stats.

M.K.
Knight165

# 126 douggoud @ 01/28/12 01:39 PM
As an Angels fan I'd just like to point out that that is the worst trade I've ever seen (W. Rodriguez for Trumbo and Conger), never would happen in a million years, pending some extreme circumstances. And believe me, I know (from what my team has done before) what terrible trades look like (ex: Vernon Wells for Juan Rivera AND Mike Napoli, just Juan for Vernon would be good enough, Napoli was too much for that trade).

# 127 douggoud @ 01/28/12 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougars
Wait... will Trout be considered a prospect still do you think? I'd guess so.
He's still considered a prospect by MLB Network, and was #3 on the top 100 Prospects list, so yeah, I'd figure him still to be a prospect.

# 128 econoodle @ 01/28/12 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox

agreed.
instead of the long scroll to the right to see the stats, how bout using the triggers?
have a set amount on the screen, click r2 to see the next set.

# 129 mmorg @ 01/28/12 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by douggoud
As an Angels fan I'd just like to point out that that is the worst trade I've ever seen (W. Rodriguez for Trumbo and Conger), never would happen in a million years, pending some extreme circumstances. And believe me, I know (from what my team has done before) what terrible trades look like (ex: Vernon Wells for Juan Rivera AND Mike Napoli, just Juan for Vernon would be good enough, Napoli was too much for that trade).
So your favorite team, the Angels, has made terrible trades in the past and you are using that as a baseline for saying that the Angels making terrible trades in the Show is unrealistic?

Where can I subscribe to your newsletter?

# 130 TheKnack @ 01/28/12 02:38 PM
I don't think they'll have the technology of knowing what teams are likely to execute stupid trades and what aren't

# 131 brett the jet favre @ 01/28/12 06:00 PM
I think we can almost all agree, this looks damn good.

# 132 Kashanova @ 01/28/12 06:23 PM
I'm not sold on the improvements, I don't think enough was improved upon or added to increasing the replay value. I was hoping of possibly getting more of a say of the finances, possibly creating a stadium for increased revenue and things of that nature...

# 133 Yankees2009Champs @ 01/28/12 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashanova
I'm not sold on the improvements, I don't think enough was improved upon or added to increasing the replay value. I was hoping of possibly getting more of a say of the finances, possibly creating a stadium for increased revenue and things of that nature...
Just to let you know they've said plenty of times there will not be create a stadium mode ever on PS3...

# 134 Winnipeg59 @ 01/28/12 09:42 PM
Any word on whether any kind of like goals/contract and ability to re-sign after contract or, of course, be fired is back in for 12???

# 135 Knight165 @ 01/28/12 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg59
Any word on whether any kind of like goals/contract and ability to re-sign after contract or, of course, be fired is back in for 12???
No...not back in '12
This is something I REALLY hope they put back into '13.
Honestly, I never understood why this was taken out.

M.K.
Knight165

# 136 hitstreak13 @ 01/29/12 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
No...not back in '12
This is something I REALLY hope they put back into '13.
Honestly, I never understood why this was taken out.

M.K.
Knight165
Yea, that was a huge letdown for sure. When it was in 10, I always pretended that those goals where set by the owner (which to some extent, it was). Great times IMO. Hope they bring it back for sure. Don't forget to ask for it

# 137 Still2REal @ 01/29/12 11:41 PM
I just hope all he glitches from last year are gone. I don't want have to spen an entire weekend using 30 team control to have a decent offseason. The free agency glitch( which is supposedly fixed, but it was last yar too) and the rookies having all generic 1 batting stances. That's all I hope....

# 138 scottbrowne @ 01/30/12 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Most players don't develop because they got better physically. They develop as they learn how to turn it on and keep it on, instead of just flashing a glimpse of their raw tools and then going back into a funk. A 5-tool prospect has those tools already. It's not that they aren't physically able yet, it's that they aren't consistent.
Exactly. It's always bothered me how, especially in RTTS, certain skills have to be developed when realistically they are skills that would already be there with the player. Speed for instance. Nobody gains speed as they get further into their career, at least so much that they'd go from slowest guy in the league to the stolen base champion. How they use their speed is definitely something that can be taught and developed but being fast is a skill that a player either does or doesn't have.

MLB 11 kind of did it with the sliders at the very beginning of your RTTS player creation, but I'd like to see a "tag" system similar to what the Fallout series has. Being able to pick a certain amount of skills that are more "natural" than others would allow you to create more realistic players instead of "start off as a minor league turd and then somehow develop into the best player in the history of the game."

Not that I don't love RTTS. I've spent way more hours than I care to admit in that mode over the history of the series.

# 139 scottbrowne @ 01/30/12 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees2009Champs
Just to let you know they've said plenty of times there will not be create a stadium mode ever on PS3...
Did they give a reason for this? I'm not trying to be a smartass or anything. I'm legitimately curious.

# 140 LastActionHero @ 01/30/12 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottbrowne
Did they give a reason for this? I'm not trying to be a smartass or anything. I'm legitimately curious.
With their advanced lighting and what not it would be impossible to reflect so many different created
stadiums. The day and night versions of every ballpark are even a whole different park just for the lighting so it's just not possible. At least not on the ps3.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.