Home
News Post

Playstation.Blog has posted some MLB 12 The Show franchise mode improvements.

Quote:
One of our goals going into this development cycle was to enhance the trade logic for CPU teams to better mimic their real-life counterparts. In order to do so, we had to examine the current system and identify the faults to then build and improve upon it. This year we are considering more factors in each trade offer, with the end result being more realistic trades. Teams are valuing their rosters much higher this year, and they aren’t going to ship out prospects so easily, nor will they offer up too many players to fill a positional void. You’ll also see more trades that better suit the teams’ current strategies (i.e. playoff push vs. rebuilding strategies).

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 161 econoodle @ 01/30/12 08:55 PM
hopefully in 13 they can add some sort of player personality feature.
each player in this is the same.

a player role ala madden would be nice.

second, how about possibly a moving of all the front office stuff to a dedicated 'owner mode' and having a straight up regular franchise mode?

also in the picture with the generated player, archie kline, half of his face is covered in a shadow.
is that going to be there for all the generated guys?
u cant really see his features and it looks weird.

# 162 Bobhead @ 01/30/12 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
Kolbe PM'd me before saying it was a size issue, that after a few seasons the save files would be huge. Now that does not mean more cannot be saved.

I am guessing it depends on how files are saved, compression etc... Again that is a guess, because he did mention before that they are always looking into ways to expand stat tracking.
As for the space limitations, I am wondering if it is possible for the devs to program the stats spreadsheet so that some stats are automatically calculated, Microsoft Excel style? If it is possible, I would think it would save a lot of memory/harddrive space. For example, instead of having K/9 specifically implemented in the game, just have the game divide column #42 (total strikeouts) by column #10 (total innings pitched). There are probably at least 20-30 stats that are already in-game that can be calculated simply by manipulating other stats, thus that's 20-30 stat lines worth of filespace you'd be saving.

In the same vein (again the first thing would need to be possible), what if we were allowed to create custom stats? I could create a stat named chicken dinner, and have it automatically multiply the appropriate columns by 13, divide by some other appropriate columns, and viola I now have xFIP instantly, available without every single pitcher's xFIP having to be hard coded into the file.

# 163 nomo17k @ 01/30/12 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
As for the space limitations, I am wondering if it is possible for the devs to program the stats spreadsheet so that some stats are automatically calculated, Microsoft Excel style? If it is possible, I would think it would save a lot of memory/harddrive space. For example, instead of having K/9 specifically implemented in the game, just have the game divide column #42 (total strikeouts) by column #10 (total innings pitched). There are probably at least 20-30 stats that are already in-game that can be calculated simply by manipulating other stats, thus that's 20-30 stat lines worth of filespace you'd be saving.

In fact, I bet that's how the devs added the last year's Advanced Stats DLC (and probably this year's new stats as well). Some people (like me) were kinda disappointed by the lineup of the advanced stats added, because they were not the most exciting stats to look at.... but the benefit was that ALL the stats included in that package could be computed from the other basic stats already in the game, like you described above.

So effectively they were doing what you wrote... without increasing the size of stats that needed to be stored.

# 164 fnz21 @ 01/31/12 10:47 AM
That's genius Knight (even though you borrowed it haha). I would love to have that by 2014 (I'm an every two years guy).

# 165 mjsonoma01 @ 01/31/12 05:10 PM
Knight, any word on the financial issues being worked out for franchise? Ive read throught this entire post and only saw one other person mention it. Flawless trade logic and a new free agent signing process is going to be pretty useless if all the teams are in debt after 4-5 seasons and therefore cant afford free agents or to take on contracts in trades. I would hate to see a list of all stars on the free agent list for the 3rd straight year because the "2014 franchise glitch" bleeds into its third year.

# 166 Knight165 @ 01/31/12 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjsonoma01
Knight, any word on the financial issues being worked out for franchise? Ive read throught this entire post and only saw one other person mention it. Flawless trade logic and a new free agent signing process is going to be pretty useless if all the teams are in debt after 4-5 seasons and therefore cant afford free agents or to take on contracts in trades. I would hate to see a list of all stars on the free agent list for the 3rd straight year because the "2014 franchise glitch" bleeds into its third year.
The answer to your questions are really here in this thead...
...http://www.operationsports.com/forum...editor-14.html...start on page 14 for all the answers from community day....

The short answer is yes...it wasn't a problem from the testing tabarnes19 and I did while there. I got to 2020...2025 a few times with no young good FA's sitting(there were times when some 35 y.o. guys who were "good"(NOT what you would consider "top") sat at the start of the year and either got signed during the year(to cover injury) or got signed the following year(I guess he recharged his batteries after a year off)....
Teams did run tight sometimes, but usually corrected. (a few even were in the red at the start of spring training)...but went back in black the following season.
Aaron and Brent were also still tweaking the actual budgets and possibly looking at a way to "infuse" some owner money into salary budgets each year if necessary. But we were home already and didn't get to see any of that in action.

M.K.
Knight165

# 167 Falcon999 @ 01/31/12 07:15 PM
I have a question : we all know in franchise mode with 30 team control, we have to manually simulate all games in View Today's Game section to be able to see live results in ticker on or stadiums boards. I like to do that at the end of season during pennant chase. Love to see the team I'm chasing trailing like 4-0 in middle of the fifth while I'm playing.

My question is (finally!) can we now simulate all today's game in one without seeing other games scores ? or just a function to hide scores?

It's a real little feature I asked for last april....

thx

# 168 tgreer @ 01/31/12 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon999
I have a question : we all know in franchise mode with 30 team control, we have to manually simulate all games in View Today's Game section to be able to see live results in ticker on or stadiums boards. I like to do that at the end of season during pennant chase. Love to see the team I'm chasing trailing like 4-0 in middle of the fifth while I'm playing.

My question is (finally!) can we now simulate all today's game in one without seeing other games scores ? or just a function to hide scores?

thx
My function to hide scores is close my right eye and simulate each game...just press x, then click down twice (maybe 3 to sim game)
, then x again..then move down to next game. Sometimes I will catch a glimpse of the winning emblem on the left hand side, but for the most part it works like a charm and takes about 15 seconds. Yes I am dorky

# 169 ARoid1313 @ 01/31/12 07:54 PM
Quote:

thx
Ya man I hate having to sim every game

# 170 Falcon999 @ 01/31/12 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgreer
My function to hide scores is close my right eye and simulate each game...just press x, then click down twice (maybe 3 to sim game)
, then x again..then move down to next game. Sometimes I will catch a glimpse of the winning emblem on the left hand side, but for the most part it works like a charm and takes about 15 seconds. Yes I am dorky
ah ah. I'm feeling better now. It's exactly what i'm doing ;-)

# 171 Knight165 @ 01/31/12 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
Sounds great.

I wonder when SCEA will finally get you on their payroll?
They couldn't pay me enough!
Those guys work too hard!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnz21
That's genius Knight (even though you borrowed it haha). I would love to have that by 2014 (I'm an every two years guy).
If I could only use my genius for good.

Quote:

thx

Nope.
Same as last year. I hear you guys...I hate it too...
Perhaps I can suggest for next year... a box on each of the days games on that screen. Hit X and it means you want it simmed....then just go to your game and choose to play that one...the others will be automatically simmed.

M.K.
Knight165

# 172 Knight165 @ 01/31/12 08:04 PM
Quote:
I use my foot to hide the logos of the other teams.
I can easily ignore the scores...but not the winning team logo.
Oh the things we do!

M.K.
Knight165

# 173 Falcon999 @ 01/31/12 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Perhaps I can suggest for next year... a box on each of the days games on that screen. Hit X and it means you want it simmed....then just go to your game and choose to play that one...the others will be automatically simmed.

M.K.
Knight165
that would be perfect with me. I'll post it again on the next whish list next april

# 174 tgreer @ 01/31/12 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I use my foot to hide the logos of the other teams.
I can easily ignore the scores...but not the winning team logo.
Oh the things we do! M.K.
Knight165
Ha, yeah I am always hoping the wifey doesn't come strolling in at that point wondering what the hell I am doing!Never thought of the left foot idea...maybe THE SHOW 13 could implement the "Twister" option. Left Foot:emblems! Right Eye:Scores! and walla, we are all happy. Only problem is if I have to raise my leg for 15 seconds I might pull something

# 175 Knight165 @ 01/31/12 09:11 PM
Quote:
Ha, yeah I am always hoping the wifey doesn't come strolling in at that point wondering what the hell I am doing!Never thought of the left foot idea...maybe THE SHOW 13 could implement the "Twister" option. Left Foot:emblems! Right Eye:Scores! and walla, we are all happy. Only problem is if I have to raise my leg for 15 seconds I might pull something

M.K.
Knight165

# 176 mjsonoma01 @ 02/01/12 12:24 PM
This is exactly what I was looking for, Knight. You are awesome.

Thanks so much!!

MJ

# 177 tessl @ 02/07/12 12:36 PM
I wonder how they determine durability. Freese's durability rating seems very generous given his history.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.