Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Just when you thought the late fourth quarter dramatics had ended, a virtual version of Tebow Time crashed the EA SPORTS Madden Bowl XVIII party held at the Bud Light Hotel Thursday in Indianapolis.

Playing in front of a capacity crowd filled with NFL stars, college All-Americans, and the local Indianapolis faithful, the Madden “Clutch Team” featuring Drew Brees (quarterback, New Orleans Saints), Jimmy Graham (tight end, New Orleans Saints), and Tim Tebow (quarterback, Denver Broncos), rallied late to knock off the 2012 NFL Draft eligible “Rookie Team” of Justin Blackmon (wide receiver, Oklahoma State University), Robert Griffin III (quarterback, Baylor University), and LaMichael James (running back, University of Oregon), 16-13, capturing the Madden Bowl XVIII championship.

The classic ending mirrored that of Tebow’s best come-from-behind-moments from the 2011 NFL regular season – with one exception: Tebow took the field as a wide receiver, while Brees was under center during the game’s final drive.

Playing Madden NFL 12 in teams of three, Brees connected with Tebow on a short touchdown pass with 0:10 remaining, spoiling what would have been a game-winning fumble return for a touchdown by The Rookie Team just a few plays prior.

“There’s just something about having him on your team,” said Brees of Tebow. “He’s just brings the magic. There’s no other way to explain it.”

As for the fumble that nearly cost his team the game, Brees admitted that he simply ‘pushed the wrong button at the wrong time.’

“I thought I called a run play, but it turned out to be a play action pass,” said Brees, whose team lost in the Madden Bowl XVII championship game one season ago in Dallas. “Luckily there was still enough time on the clock for us to drive down the field after they scored. Wow. What a fun and crazy game.”
Although the last-second heroics ignited the crowd, the party in Indy was just getting started.

Legendary hip-hop group The Roots took the stage at the conclusion of the tournament, followed by a headline performance by Grammy-nominated hip-hop superstar Nas.

A big surprise came later in the evening when Snoop Dogg busted out with a 45-minute set of his biggest hits, including “What’s My Name?” and “The Next Episode”.

On-hand to walk down the Madden Bowl XVIII Blue Carpet were Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald, Pro Football Hall of Famer Michael Irvin, and Heisman Trophy winners Mark Ingram and Eddie George, among many others.

Pro Football Hall of Famers Barry Sanders and Deion Sanders, along with Super Bowl champion Warren Sapp also took part in the Madden Bowl tournament, along with running backs Arian Foster (Houston Texans) and Maurice Jones-Drew (Jacksonville Jaguars), and linebacker Patrick Willis (San Francisco 49ers). All were among the two teams that failed to reach the championship game.

During the ESPN3 broadcast, early details emerged regarding the Madden NFL 13 Cover Vote campaign on ESPN’s “SportsNation”, which will kick off on March 7 with a two-week “play-in” round that will pit two teammates, from each NFL team, against each other to determine the 32 player bracket. For more details visit http://www.espn.com/maddenvote. Players for the “play-in” round will be revealed via the EA SPORTS Madden NFL Facebook page throughout the month of February.

Watch a replay of all the Madden Bowl XVIII action on ESPN3 online at WatchESPN.com, on smartphones and tablets via the WatchESPN app and through ESPN on Xbox LIVE to over 71 million households nationwide through an affiliated provider.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 roadman @ 02/18/12 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
again with this? So we can pick an overrated player who had one good year ::cough:: Peyton Hillis? I'm bias, but I want Eli on the cover. He deserves it.
I'd like Rodgers, but I don't want the jinx that comes with it. Hillis was injured for a good portion of the year.

No, thank you.

# 62 AussieChiefsFan @ 02/18/12 02:28 PM
You believe that stuff? What about brees. He was on the cover. Then he broke marinos record o.0

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

# 63 roadman @ 02/18/12 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan
You believe that stuff? What about brees. He was on the cover. Then he broke marinos record o.0

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk
He wasn't on it last year, Brees broke the record last year.

I don't believe in it, but it has happened a lot in the past, not just Hillis.

# 64 adembroski @ 02/19/12 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighthawksfan
Ea stopped caring about there madden game once madden 09 dropped they can care less now smh
Wow, really? I hate to disappoint you, but I thought '06-'09 Gen3 were the worst football games ever made. In my mind, that's when we started caring.

For the record, Madden '01 Gen1, Madden 07-08 Gen2 were my favorites in the series. I just can't believe people consider the pre-Madden '10 games better than post on 360/PS3. I guess people really liked virtual trainer and ring of a champion more than I thought.

# 65 havokeff @ 02/20/12 12:19 AM
Here is the list of deserving players based on my own criteria of performance, impact, watchability, and success.

Eli Manning
Terell Suggs
Tim Tebow
Justin Smith
Drew Brees
Ray Lewis
Victor Cruz
Aaron Rogers
Patrick Willis
James Harrison
Marshawn Lynch
Calvin Johnson
Mathew Stafford
DeMarcus Ware
Rob Gronkowski
Vernon Davis
Arian Foster
D'Qwell Jackson
Jason Piere-Paul
Jarred Allen
Jordy Nelson

All these guys have at least 3-4 of my criteria in spades.

That said, I would like to see Madden go with themes instead of one single player. It's time to recognize that it takes more than one guy to make a team successful.

If you go that way, this year would be a perfect time to go with either a Front Seven theme or a Passing Attack theme.
F7: Paul, Allen, Smith, Suggs, Willis, Jackson, Ware
PA: Brees, Cruz, Gronkowski, Johnson, Davis and Nelson

Now that said, it is hard to argue against Tebow. There wasn't a more divisive, discussed, emulated or showcased athlete in any sport this year.
He also has 3 1/4 out of my 4 criteria.

# 66 davidd @ 02/20/12 01:17 AM
Yeah might as well just give it to Tebow. Don't know of many NFL players who can approach his popularity at this point in time. Also keep in mind that they probably already surveyed a march larger list of names and had to exclude certain players who didn't want to be on the cover like LT a few years ago.

So with that in mind we'll have to wait and see the final list but I'll be really surprised if Tebow doesn't end up on the cover of M13 due only to the dedication of his fan base.

# 67 huskerwr38 @ 02/20/12 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Wow, really? I hate to disappoint you, but I thought '06-'09 Gen3 were the worst football games ever made. In my mind, that's when we started caring.

For the record, Madden '01 Gen1, Madden 07-08 Gen2 were my favorites in the series. I just can't believe people consider the pre-Madden '10 games better than post on 360/PS3. I guess people really liked virtual trainer and ring of a champion more than I thought.
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic here, but don't EVER say that again!

# 68 Chrisksaint @ 02/20/12 06:21 PM
Jimmy Graham/Gronkoswki dual cover go...

But as to who I actually want to have it, Roddy White or Matt Ryan

# 69 iAM-IncReDiBLe- @ 02/21/12 04:40 PM
Jeremy Lin on the cover
With Tebow "Tebowing" in the background
Sent from Jesus EVO

# 70 abjsuperstar @ 02/22/12 04:49 AM
personally i would like to see Calvin Johnson, Tim tebow, or cam newton, i wanna like what i see on the cover and thats talent

# 71 RebelBuckeye @ 02/22/12 03:32 PM
Any Offensive Lineman. Ever.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.