Home
News Post

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 ec1015 @ 02/03/12 07:38 PM
That thing in Center Field is disgusting. How about instead of trying to spend every cent on the budget without overages, you underspend and just build a plain fountain.... classier and less atrocious.

# 42 catch212 @ 02/03/12 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
That triangle in dead center field is very interesting. I wonder how outfielders are going to play that. But still, that thing in Center Field... I wonder how whoever designed that, confirmed that, or built it never said anything.

They'll play it the same way they played Dolphins Stadium, since it's the same layout. Although I can see the ball carrying better there so it may play more of a factor.

As for the stadium: I think it's alright from the foul pole, around the infield to the other foul pole. The outfield looks really bland, besides that...thing(?).

# 43 Chrisksaint @ 02/03/12 08:01 PM
Home run thing stays up all the time, will light up and have moving parts on wins and HRs.

Yeah the city background with the glass panels being opened is what's missing, add that in to the game in the future and it's a nice stadium given what else is there.

# 44 Cubfan @ 02/03/12 08:10 PM
That piece of "artwork" is CF is the uglist things i have ever seen. The aquarium is cool looking.

# 45 nemesis04 @ 02/03/12 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan
That piece of "artwork" is CF is the uglist things i have ever seen. The aquarium is cool looking.
I am willing to bet players complain that the aquarium behind home-plate is a distraction!

# 46 h4mbon3s @ 02/03/12 08:22 PM
The park looks nice other than the home run thing in CF. That wall looks like it will make for some interesting plays though.

# 47 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/03/12 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
SLAB... Any chance if you know... If Rickie Weeks got updated dreads in MLB 12?
How he looked at the CE.

# 48 queensbomber @ 02/03/12 09:00 PM
anyone else notice that when Reyes is up at bat he's wearing his met hat in his jumbotron pic.

# 49 Galvatron @ 02/03/12 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas0112
Just guessing here, but that homerun thing, isn't it supposed to be underwater, and then when a homerun is hit it comes out of the water? I don't know? Anyone know for sure?

Also, very disappointing to not have the glass panes opened up to see the city, if that is from the final product.
That pic might have been taken while the panels were still being put up.

Also, the area with the scaffolding to the left of the HR display is apparently being made into some sort of diner or bar, but it seems SCEA didn't get that info in time.

# 50 Doormat @ 02/03/12 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by queensbomber
anyone else notice that when Reyes is up at bat he's wearing his met hat in his jumbotron pic.
Pretty sure it was from an old build since his new picture came up a long time ago.

# 51 earp4530 @ 02/03/12 09:47 PM
Whats gonna happen when a Foul ball hits that aquarium?

# 52 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/03/12 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by earp4530
Possibly a trophy...

# 53 Chaos81 @ 02/03/12 10:01 PM
Quote:
It's made of acrylic and lexan I believe. Shouldn't be much of a problem.

# 54 sydrogerdavid @ 02/03/12 10:11 PM
Did the devs put in an explosion animation for when we hit that "thing"?
That would be worth $60 in itself.

Spoiler

# 55 DickDalewood @ 02/03/12 10:24 PM
Quote:
Door #3 opens up and, to everyone's relief, the real stadium is revealed.

# 56 ParisB @ 02/04/12 12:00 AM
Yikes...sweet video, but wow what an ugly stadium. I guess it's still an upgrade over their old stadium though.

# 57 bwiggy33 @ 02/04/12 01:37 AM
Wow! Between the new Marlins park, the coliseum, and The Trop I don't know whats worse. This is seriously a horrific looking stadium. Yes its an upgrade from Sun Life or whatever they call it these days, but that's bad. Maybe it will look better in real life, rather than observing it in a video game. The HR thing is atrocious though. It looks like something straight out of an amusement park or the zoo.

# 58 The Kid 24 @ 02/04/12 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
How he looked at the CE.
Just what I wanted to see!! Thanks EN!!

# 59 ParisB @ 02/04/12 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
Wow! Between the new Marlins park, the coliseum, and The Trop I don't know whats worse. This is seriously a horrific looking stadium. Yes its an upgrade from Sun Life or whatever they call it these days, but that's bad. Maybe it will look better in real life, rather than observing it in a video game. The HR thing is atrocious though. It looks like something straight out of an amusement park or the zoo.
Yea, the 3 worst stadiums in MLB were the A's, Marlins, and Rays..after the Marlins finally got a new stadium, looks like the worst stadiums are still the same

# 60 Factzzz @ 02/04/12 02:51 AM
I think the new stadium looks nice, i actually don`t understand why evryone dislikes it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.