Home
News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Blzer @ 02/07/12 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Who is us? I'm going to buy it.
He meant he will never buy it, until the Vita version has that option.

I think it would sound bad if he said "unless they give me that option."

# 22 Sco291 @ 02/07/12 01:21 AM
Less than a month

But...I hope some more PS3 footage is released here soon... i feel like it's been vita, vita, vita - not that there's ahything wrong with it cause i'll take in any video footage right now, but we need some more ps3 vids, better shots

# 23 PsychoBulk @ 02/07/12 04:27 AM
Just look at how Latos' glove closes on the ball at 0:41 when the catcher returns it to him.

Thing of beauty

# 24 seasprite @ 02/07/12 07:59 AM
Im sold on the Vita version along with the PS3 version. Just not looking forward to that awkward moment in my staff meeting when I jump up and down after I hit a walk-off homer with my RTTS guy....... The ability to be able to play my RTTS anywhere and the ability to port that RTTS guy to my home PS3 is groundbreaking.

# 25 Falcon999 @ 02/07/12 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
The PS3 version gives you the option for batter walk ups and HR celebration camera as options in fast play. There are also some other little automatic nuggets that happen in the PS3 version of fast play.
That's one thing that hold me with Vita, I really don't like playing on fast play mode, to arcadish for me. Maybe it's worst in those videos 'cause players are pressing X to jump to next batter. Rest of it looks nice though.

# 26 queensbomber @ 02/07/12 08:56 AM
Quote:
The PS3 version gives you the option for batter walk ups and HR celebration camera as options in fast play. There are also some other little automatic nuggets that happen in the PS3 version of fast play.
What exactly is fast play and how does it differ from normal play?
Its not like fast forward is it?

# 27 Blzer @ 02/07/12 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon999
That's one thing that hold me with Vita, I really don't like playing on fast play mode, to arcadish for me. Maybe it's worst in those videos 'cause players are pressing X to jump to next batter. Rest of it looks nice though.
You don't need to press X for that, it automatically does jump to the next batter (well, at least to his walk-up introduction). There don't seem to be any automatic replays whatsoever, or follow-up cut scenes of players after the play has ended.

In a way, this is kind of a good thing. That means that Soup and Eric have less lines. In fact, that might be the very reason they took those out... there simply wasn't enough memory on the Vita version to include all of those hours of lines of commentary. Of course, I don't truly know, so I'm not going to put words in their mouths. I'm just speculating there.

# 28 Falcon999 @ 02/07/12 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
You don't need to press X for that, it automatically does jump to the next batter (well, at least to his walk-up introduction). There don't seem to be any automatic replays whatsoever, or follow-up cut scenes of players after the play has ended.

In a way, this is kind of a good thing. That means that Soup and Eric have less lines. In fact, that might be the very reason they took those out... there simply wasn't enough memory on the Vita version to include all of those hours of lines of commentary. Of course, I don't truly know, so I'm not going to put words in their mouths. I'm just speculating there.
mmmmm...interesting if it's a memory limitation issue. If we have something like 90% of PS3 features in Vita this year, I guess that number won't be higher next year when they keep adding stuff to the PS3 version.

# 29 jmik58 @ 02/07/12 11:03 AM
The game looks very nice for being on a handheld... with that being said, I refuse to jump on this whole "touch screen" gimmick train.

# 30 nemesis04 @ 02/07/12 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
The game looks very nice for being on a handheld... with that being said, I refuse to jump on this whole "touch screen" gimmick train.
You don't have to use it. I played without using the touch aspect of it.

# 31 jmik58 @ 02/07/12 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
You don't have to use it. I played without using the touch aspect of it.
A fair statement, and I agree. However, my discord is less with the game itself and more with any gaming unit or piece of technology that implements touch screens. It's just a personal preference. I like the precision of buttons and analog sticks/d-pads and would rather keep my oily skin off the screen. I've seen how touch screens can be worn down and damaged over time and become too sensitive or lose sensitivity to the point of affecting the input/output accuracy. Lastly, by having a handheld that incorporates touch screen interaction there will no doubt be a large implementation of games that build off this. I want my fingers out of the way so I can get on with my game. But then again, I like my cell phone with buttons and nothing much else. I guess I'm just "old fashioned" like that...but to each his own.

On a side note, the Vita's graphics do look very impressive and The Cloud feature is a nice inclusion. I don't game much outside of the man cave, but I may change my mind and give the Vita a chance someday ... I'm just not there yet.

# 32 nomo17k @ 02/07/12 11:29 AM
Quote:
A fair statement, and I agree. However, my discord is less with the game itself and more with any gaming unit or piece of technology that implements touch screens. It's just a personal preference. I like the precision of buttons and analog sticks/d-pads and would rather keep my oily skin off the screen. I've seen how touch screens can be worn down and damaged over time and become too sensitive or lose sensitivity to the point of affecting the input/output accuracy.

As someone who has perhaps the oiliest/sweatiest/warmest fingers within the solar system (I might have a mild case of Palmar Hyperhidrosis), I have to agree that I don't really like touch screen interfaces in general.

The very first thing I've done on my quest to obtain Vita is to import an anti fingerprints screen protector from Japan! And I still don't know where to get Vita itself from! :P

# 33 DickDalewood @ 02/07/12 11:30 AM
Quote:
A fair statement, and I agree. However, my discord is less with the game itself and more with any gaming unit or piece of technology that implements touch screens. It's just a personal preference. I like the precision of buttons and analog sticks/d-pads and would rather keep my oily skin off the screen. I've seen how touch screens can be worn down and damaged over time and become too sensitive or lose sensitivity to the point of affecting the input/output accuracy. Lastly, by having a handheld that incorporates touch screen interaction there will no doubt be a large implementation of games that build off this. I want my fingers out of the way so I can get on with my game. But then again, I like my cell phone with buttons and nothing much else. I guess I'm just "old fashioned" like that...but to each his own.

On a side note, the Vita's graphics do look very impressive and The Cloud feature is a nice inclusion. I don't game much outside of the man cave, but I may change my mind and give the Vita a chance someday ... I'm just not there yet.
Nothing wrong with that, which is why you have the ability to play this without using any touch features.

I won't be using any of the touch options either.

# 34 rodperezto @ 02/07/12 11:33 AM
Isn't it a bit extreme to get rid of hr celebrations? I get it; ps vita gameplay is different and needs a quicker pace but there is nothing more anticlimactic to me than a hr that feels like a bouncer that got away and became a single. (presentation-wise)
Now, just talking from what I've seen. Not sure if it'll be an option. Can anybody confirm this?

# 35 Qb @ 02/07/12 11:37 AM
Ugh... nearly $4K tax refund... Vita & The Show... loss of job... MUST RESIST TEMPTATION.

PS - Woohoo! Pirates footage!

# 36 nemesis04 @ 02/07/12 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Ugh... nearly $4K tax refund... Vita & The Show... loss of job... MUST RESIST TEMPTATION.

PS - Woohoo! Pirates footage!
You need it then so when you are job hunting you have something to keep yourself occupied while waiting in the lobby for your interview.

# 37 jmik58 @ 02/07/12 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
You need it then so when you are job hunting you have something to keep yourself occupied while waiting in the lobby for your interview.
Spoken like a true salesman.

# 38 sbmnky @ 02/07/12 12:14 PM
Quote:
I really enjoy fast-play because I cannot devote a ton of time to each game - especially in the regular season. I turn on presentation during the playoffs for full immersion. I don't anticipate this being an issue with the Vita, because I'll most likely play playoff series (especially potential clinching/elimination games and all World Series games) on the PS3.

The ball looks really big in the field of play on the Vita - is this by design? Anyone else notice this?

# 39 nomo17k @ 02/07/12 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbmnky
I really enjoy fast-play because I cannot devote a ton of time to each game - especially in the regular season. I turn on presentation during the playoffs for full immersion. I don't anticipate this being an issue with the Vita, because I'll most likely play playoff series (especially potential clinching/elimination games and all World Series games) on the PS3.

The ball looks really big in the field of play on the Vita - is this by design? Anyone else notice this?
Not every one will have both Vita and PS3 though.

And yes the ball being larger has been said is by design... appears too small otherwise.

# 40 Blzer @ 02/07/12 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbmnky
Yes, it's by design. According to Russell (and the community boys), having it at its normal size would make it very difficult to see. Personally, I'm inclined to disagree, but I haven't seen it for myself, so my mind would be subject to change based on actually seeing that in action.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.