Home
News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Nick Livingston, Designer of MLB 12 The Show, talks about Diamond Dynasty. Fast forward to roughly the 9:40 mark, to get to it.

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 thaSLAB @ 02/10/12 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
You guys are free to talk about anything DD now.
*runs for cover*

Hey Ramone, can you confirm whether or not the non-MLB stadiums were available to use as your DD stadium?

# 62 nomo17k @ 02/10/12 03:30 PM
Quote:
You guys are free to talk about anything DD now.
Okay I take the liberty... I've always liked DD but none of my GFs had them. What to do?

(...... sorry this is the sort of behavior that gets me banned but sometimes I cannot help.)

Seriously, what I want to know is related to what Bahnzo asked in another thread for which Woodweaver responded.

How do you choose your opponent when the game counts in the DD mode? I really wanted to cut down on the time that I spend playing total strangers and only play online games against those whom I can trust to have a good time.

I saw the "Play Now" thing in the DD menu, so I figure that's one way of playing against an online player (or CPU, given that these menus now are more streamlined w.r.t. online/offline). But can you play a game as a DD game against someone whom you just found in the online lobby? I would assume you cannot play any online "league" game as a DD game (since otherwise we actually can have a fully customizable league!).

I just wish to know if you can be choosey in regards to whom to play a DD game with.

# 63 Willis135 @ 02/10/12 03:36 PM
I'd like to know how the offline DD games work. For instance if I have Prince Fielder on my DD team and I play the Tigers, is Prince on both teams?

Additionally how does the training work and how long are the real players on your team?

# 64 earp4530 @ 02/10/12 03:40 PM
Hey guys check out these photos from the facebook page..

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=362932293720035&set=a.362932273720037.96180.194843153862284&type=1&theater
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=362932333720031&set=a.362932273720037.96180.194843153862284&type=1&theater
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=362932403720024&set=a.362932273720037.96180.194843153862284&type=1&theater
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=362932450386686&set=a.362932273720037.96180.194843153862284&type=1&theater
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=362932490386682&set=a.362932273720037.96180.194843153862284&type=1&theater
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=362932537053344&set=a.362932273720037.96180.194843153862284&type=1&theater
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=362932583720006&set=a.362932273720037.96180.194843153862284&type=1&theater

# 65 NYYanks26 @ 02/10/12 03:42 PM
I don't have my notes with me right now, so I'll hold off answering some of these unless I'm 100% sure. I'll post some thoughts and answer whatever I can soon, unless someone else jumps in. I saw DD in the Fall, so the guys who went in Jan probably have an even better feel than I do. But overall it was a big hit with the CD crew and I think the majority of you guys are gonna have a lot of fun with it.

# 66 thaSLAB @ 02/10/12 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis135
I'd like to know how the offline DD games work. For instance if I have Prince Fielder on my DD team and I play the Tigers, is Prince on both teams?

Additionally how does the training work and how long are the real players on your team?
I will try to answer this, since I asked the same question while we were there. The answer was that there is the possibility for "duplicate" players within a league universe. I'm not sure if that holds true for offline (vs. CPU) DD's tho. As for playing the Tigers (vs. an online opponent), you wouldn't be playing the actual Tigers per se, since all the teams are "made up" if that makes sense.

The training and roster systems are pretty in-depth too, and unfortunately none of the previews so far even touched on them. You probably remember seeing that "recycle" symbol in one of the earlier vids... that is kind of a pool where you have a risk and reward system for swapping cards for others. Also, the "aging" and "availability" system is unique in a way where it proves beneficial to train your Dynasty players, as opposed to trying to stack up on MLB stars. This adds a great deal of strategy to the mode.

I'm sure I missed a lot of details, but I'm sure everything will get answered in further detail, as additional questions jog our memory.

# 67 Willis135 @ 02/10/12 04:02 PM
Thanks Slab that helps clear it up a little, can't wait for more info!!

# 68 nemesis04 @ 02/10/12 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
I will try to answer this, since I asked the same question while we were there. The answer was that there is the possibility for "duplicate" players within a league universe. I'm not sure if that holds true for offline (vs. CPU) DD's tho. As for playing the Tigers (vs. an online opponent), you wouldn't be playing the actual Tigers per se, since all the teams are "made up" if that makes sense.

The training and roster systems are pretty in-depth too, and unfortunately none of the previews so far even touched on them. You probably remember seeing that "recycle" symbol in one of the earlier vids... that is kind of a pool where you have a risk and reward system for swapping cards for others. Also, the "aging" and "availability" system is unique in a way where it proves beneficial to train your Dynasty players, as opposed to trying to stack up on MLB stars. This adds a great deal of strategy to the mode.

I'm sure I missed a lot of details, but I'm sure everything will get answered in further detail, as additional questions jog our memory.

Everyone should keep in mind some details were still being solidified so some things we answer may be slightly changed in the final version of DD.

Slab as far as playing MLB teams I believe you can play the MLB teams against the CPU because you have to challenge them to have rights to use their stadium. So for example if you want to play at Comerica Park you need to defeat the home team which is against the CPU. If you win you get money added to your overall budget and you basically unlock the stadium to use again. You also get some money for losing but the stadium remains locked.

# 69 Perfect Zero @ 02/10/12 04:37 PM
If anybody is willing to answer questions, I have a few. My questions though are about things that others might not care about, but hopefully there will be something useful in them (and if you can't answer or don't remember something, it doesn't bother me a bit):

First of all, how many logo slots do you get for creating a team? Can you select different cap logos and jersey wordmarks, or is it only one logo per team?

Can you choose the placement of the logo on the uniforms (i.e. can you create a chest logo like the Cubs and Yankees have?)

How many uniform slots are there?

Is there any idea on how one earns new packs, and what different packs might have?

How many leagues are there that you can advance to?

These are a few of the questions that I have on the top of my mind, so thanks in advance if anybody wants to take the time and answer some of them. I'm really, REALLY looking forward to this mode. Maybe we could have some sort of unofficial OS league table on here (or in the Online forum). There are a lot of possibilities with this mode...

# 70 Russell_SCEA @ 02/10/12 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB

If you have Prince on your team and you play the cpu. against the Tigers it will be their most up to date roster. So yes you could also end up playing a human opponent who has Prince on their team as well.

# 71 nemesis04 @ 02/10/12 04:45 PM

This is a pic that QB grabbed from the reveal trailer. These are actually the first version of the generic cards, the vid on Spike shows the final version of the cards. I want to point out something on these cards. You will notice on the generic and MLB cards there is a number next to games. That number is the player's career! Each game physically played is counted as one year played. So those 3 generic players in the pic will be around for 40, 40, 44 games then they retire and go away. The MLB player's service time is much shorter and depending how good they are, they could only be available for 9 games then retire. Also their price tag is high to get them too. So you really have to strategize how you want to set up your team to be effective!

# 72 Willis135 @ 02/10/12 04:49 PM
Thanks Nem, that bit of info about service time in very interesting and makes this mode much more appealing to me.

# 73 Russell_SCEA @ 02/10/12 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04

This is a pic that QB grabbed from the reveal trailer. These are actually the first version of the generic cards, the vid on Spike shows the final version of the cards. I want to point out something on these cards. You will notice on the generic and MLB cards there is a number next to games. That number is the player's career! Each game physically played is counted as one year played. So those 3 generic players in the pic will be around for 40, 40, 44 games then they retire and go away. The MLB player's service time is much shorter and depending how good they are, they could only be available for 9 games then retire. Also their price tag is high to get them too. So you really have to strategize how you want to set up your team to be effective!

Bingo and it's extremely difficult to end up with a team full of MLB players. But you can do it you just won't have any budget left over to train your dynasty players because you spent it all on MLB Cards.

Also the players don't stay in card form forever, once you activate them to your roster they are no longer in card form.

# 74 econoodle @ 02/10/12 04:53 PM
Quote:

now that will set this up to have a lot of strategic fun!

# 75 bcruise @ 02/10/12 04:54 PM
Quote:

I remember hearing something about there being a budget for your team in this mode. So is it different from Madden Ultimate team in that you have a fixed amount of money you can spend on your team? In MUT if you had the coins you could buy up enough legend players and such to field an unbeatable team...that won't happen in this mode?

Also, if our customized players retire are there more of them generated to replace them? In other words, we can't get stuck in a situation where we won't have enough players to field a team?

Thanks for the responses!

# 76 Willis135 @ 02/10/12 04:55 PM
Quote:
Bingo and it's extremely difficult to end up with a team full of MLB players. But you can do it you just won't have any budget left over to train your dynasty players because you spent it all on MLB Cards.

Also the players don't stay in card form forever, once you activate them to your roster they are no longer in card form.
Do the games count against your player if they are on your roster, but dont make it into that particular game?

# 77 nemesis04 @ 02/10/12 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis135
Thanks Nem, that bit of info about service time in very interesting and makes this mode much more appealing to me.
Also, I want to mention the letter grade up in the right corner of the generic players. This is their aptitude to train. So for example on the card on the left the player has a lot of tools but his overall training level is low so spending time and money on him is probably not going to be a good return on investment.

# 78 thaSLAB @ 02/10/12 05:01 PM
Quote:
If you have Prince on your team and you play the cpu. against the Tigers it will be their most up to date roster. So yes you could also end up playing a human opponent who has Prince on their team as well.
Ok cool, thanks for clearing that up for me.

# 79 MetsFan16 @ 02/10/12 05:08 PM
Lets say you start a DD and you play with one roster. Then a big trade happens. Can you get that trade into your DD?

# 80 Russell_SCEA @ 02/10/12 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I remember hearing something about there being a budget for your team in this mode. So is it different from Madden Ultimate team in that you have a fixed amount of money you can spend on your team? In MUT if you had the coins you could buy up enough legend players and such to field an unbeatable team...that won't happen in this mode?

Also, if our customized players retire are there more of them generated to replace them? In other words, we can't get stuck in a situation where we won't have enough players to field a team?

Thanks for the responses!

Your dynasty players will have between 25-40 games. When they run out you will have played more than enough games (which earns you more budget) to buy more packs of dynasty cards.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.