Home
News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Nick Livingston, Designer of MLB 12 The Show, talks about Diamond Dynasty. Fast forward to roughly the 9:40 mark, to get to it.

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Knight165 @ 02/10/12 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbmnky
While we can create names (think HS or college teammates), we would only get to play as those players until the player is retired or we upgrade to a better player.

This is why the uniform creator portion is so cool, because it becomes more about the TEAM and less about the individual player/star. I'm guessing player turnover is extremely high in this game to keep it fresh.

Very cool mode! Can't wait to get my paws on it.

This will not be available on the Vita, correct?

This is a pretty good assessment.
Players are definitely important as you can train some of the generated players to be quite the superstar....but in the long run, you've really got to manage your budget and figure out what your team needs are and WILL be(after playing out a players career). The card recycler can and will be an important tune to get a handle on. I believe this is where your silver-gold-platinum comes into play the most...the value in the recycler.

brent;

I don't think choosing any one stadium has any effect on your logo's or uni's.

M.K.
Knight165

# 102 idesign2 @ 02/10/12 06:14 PM
Will this mode be completely playable offline? I only go online to grab rosters.

# 103 bcruise @ 02/10/12 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
This is a pretty good assessment.
Players are definitely important as you can train some of the generated players to be quite the superstar....but in the long run, you've really got to manage your budget and figure out what your team needs are and WILL be(after playing out a players career). The card recycler can and will be an important tune to get a handle on. I believe this is where your silver-gold-platinum comes into play the most...the value in the recycler.

brent;

I don't think choosing any one stadium has any effect on your logo's or uni's.

M.K.
Knight165
Can you explain a bit more about the card recycler? That hasn't really been mentioned in detail anywhere yet.

# 104 OhDaesu19 @ 02/10/12 06:16 PM
I have never played any form of ultimate team before so I am not familiar with this mode. My question is can DD be used in an online league?

# 105 Geolink @ 02/10/12 06:18 PM
Wowww what an awesome mode!

One thing I'm confused about... Is this mode going to be like an RPG type of mode where is mostly card playing? Or will you actually be able to use your team and play games like a Franchise mode (so to say)?

# 106 GibsonD90 @ 02/10/12 06:20 PM
Are the created players that we are given in the packs random stats and information or has the team made specific cards?

So basically are the fake people possibilities unlimited, or are there a few hundred different options?

# 107 Russell_SCEA @ 02/10/12 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbmnky
While we can create names (think HS or college teammates), we would only get to play as those players until the player is retired or we upgrade to a better player.

This is why the uniform creator portion is so cool, because it becomes more about the TEAM and less about the individual player/star. I'm guessing player turnover is extremely high in this game to keep it fresh.

Very cool mode! Can't wait to get my paws on it.

This will not be available on the Vita, correct?

Unless your players make the DD HOF

# 108 Russell_SCEA @ 02/10/12 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geolink
Wowww what an awesome mode!

One thing I'm confused about... Is this mode going to be like an RPG type of mode where is mostly card playing? Or will you actually be able to use your team and play games like a Franchise mode (so to say)?

Both, you have to remember the players don't stay in card form forever. They are only in card form until you activate them then they are on your roster.

# 109 Bobhead @ 02/10/12 06:41 PM
3 Pages about DD mode and I have to say I'm pretty much just as lost as I was 3 pages ago. I haven't really been following any of the other speculation threads and all that stuff...
So are you playing actual baseball games with the cards? Or are you playing card games? Is it both? Do you have the option to choose what kinds of games you play? Scooby Doo? Where are you?

# 110 NYYanks26 @ 02/10/12 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhDaesu
I have never played any form of ultimate team before so I am not familiar with this mode. My question is can DD be used in an online league?
It's a separate mode, so no. But there are various "divisions" that you can drop in and out of based on whether you win or lose. I think every 5 games or so (don't quote that), you're re-assessed. So say you're in the spring training division, which I believe is the lowest, you would play other DD teams in your division.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
3 Pages about DD mode and I have to say I'm pretty much just as lost as I was 3 pages ago. I haven't really been following any of the other speculation threads and all that stuff...
So are you playing actual games with the cards? Or are you playing card games? Is it both? Do you have the option to choose what kinds of games you play? Scooby Doo? Where are you?
You're turning the cards into players and playing actual games with the team you assemble. These games can either be against a CPU controlled real life MLB team with their real life roster, or against another users Diamond Dynasty team.

# 111 Bobhead @ 02/10/12 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYYanks26
You're turning the cards into players and playing actual games with the team you assemble. These games can either be against a CPU controlled real life MLB team with their real life roster, or against another users Diamond Dynasty team.
But someone else said that if the players are in card form, then you only have like 9 or so games to play with then because of the number at the top of the card? or something? I don't even know man.

# 112 Doormat @ 02/10/12 06:52 PM
Oh my goodness, the ability to make our own logos.. and that GT logo looked sweeeeeeeet! Looking forward to it alright.

# 113 Falcon999 @ 02/10/12 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
No only if you play them.
What if I pinch it for one at bat, it counts for one game ?

# 114 NYYanks26 @ 02/10/12 06:58 PM
Quote:
But someone else said that if the players are in card form, then you only have like 9 or so games to play with then because of the number at the top of the card? or something? I don't even know man.
The # on the top of the card is the # of games that player has left in his career.

# 115 myghty @ 02/10/12 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon999
What if I pinch it for one at bat, it counts for one game ?
Well he's getting called into the game so yeah

# 116 Knight165 @ 02/10/12 07:08 PM
Quote:
So are you playing actual baseball games with the cards? Or are you playing card games? Is it both? Do you have the option to choose what kinds of games you play? Scooby Doo? Where are you?
Okay...think of the cards as your scouting reports per se.
This is where you see the players potential(aptitude).....their ability to train.
You see their strengths here...
You see the positions they are available to play.
You see their career length and their value in "trade"(which is the recycler per se)
You see their current level as play as well.
They are cards until you activate them.
They then are on your roster and you have them as actual players.
You need budget to train them.
You need budget to buy new players(Free Agency?...let's say).

Once activated they are available for you to play games.
They remain static until you activate them(meaning they don't lose games off their career....and they cannot progress through training.....I think this is how it is...I believe this was up in the air when we left)
You actually field your team...in your stadium and are matched up against other teams(online) or against MLB teams(CPU)(online and offline)
You actually PLAY those games...as you would in franchise mode....no managing or simming.
To win the right to use other stadiums besides your home stadium....you must beat the actual MLB team of that stadium(CPU controlled team)

The recycler is used to try and gain new players by giving up CARDS(not activated players) in order to get a card(s) in return. The more you put in...the better chance to get a better player in return.(from what I remember)

There are divisions and leaderboards.
This was something that we didn't get to see at all while we were there.

I hope I got everything right...as it's mostly from memory(and we see that is faulty!!! )

M.K.
Knight165

# 117 Knight165 @ 02/10/12 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYYanks26
The # on the top of the card is the # of games that player has left in his career.
Right.
For actual MLB players...this # is less than the generated players(who need training for the most part)....so it could be a dozen games for an MLB player and 45 games for a generated player.

M.K.
Knight165

# 118 sroz39 @ 02/10/12 07:14 PM
This sounds like HUT in the NHL series. I loved that mode until I realized how unbalanced the gameplay is because of the simplicity of the ratings (and the flawed online gameplay in that game to begin with).

As long as the gameplay is balanced and (more importantly) the servers are able to give me a relatively lag-free experience, I'm all in with this mode. I'm cautiously optimistic that this game will be more playable, more consistently online than in year's past.

# 119 nemesis04 @ 02/10/12 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Okay...think of the cards as your scouting reports per se.
This is where you see the players potential(aptitude).....their ability to train.
You see their strengths here...
You see the positions they are available to play.
You see their career length and their value in "trade"(which is the recycler per se)
You see their current level as play as well.
They are cards until you activate them.
They then are on your roster and you have them as actual players.
You need budget to train them.
You need budget to buy new players(Free Agency?...let's say).

Once activated they are available for you to play games.
They remain static until you activate them(meaning they don't lose games off their career....and they cannot progress through training.....I think this is how it is...I believe this was up in the air when we left)
You actually field your team...in your stadium and are matched up against other teams(online) or against MLB teams(CPU)(online and offline)
You actually PLAY those games...as you would in franchise mode....no managing or simming.
To win the right to use other stadiums besides your home stadium....you must beat the actual MLB team of that stadium(CPU controlled team)

The recycler is used to try and gain new players by giving up CARDS(not activated players) in order to get a card(s) in return. The more you put in...the better chance to get a better player in return.(from what I remember)

There are divisions and leaderboards.
This was something that we didn't get to see at all while we were there.

I hope I got everything right...as it's mostly from memory(and we see that is faulty!!! )

M.K.
Knight165
Also, I do not know if it has changed but when playing the CPU, winning games against them does not gain you any progress on the leader boards but will benefit in developing your players.

# 120 sbmnky @ 02/10/12 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Unless your players make the DD HOF
I'm guessing to make the HOF requires recycling and production (stats)?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.