Home
News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Nick Livingston, Designer of MLB 12 The Show, talks about Diamond Dynasty. Fast forward to roughly the 9:40 mark, to get to it.

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 161 UMhester04 @ 02/11/12 11:53 AM
OK I am going to ask about the logo editor.

Can someone go in depth with what we can do with the logos and uniforms?

Are we going to have different uniform types that we can choose from?

Can we create multiple logos?

Can we place a logo anywhere on the uniform?
____

Can we edit things like walk up music, player gear, etc for the generated players?

Also, (this is off topic) what about being able to pick one generated player as your "dynasty player" for next year? Like maybe he gets double or triple the time of play that a regular generic guy does when you designate him to be your "dynasty player", and once he retires you get to choose a different player?

Just a thought.

# 162 Majingir @ 02/11/12 12:57 PM
The mode sounds real interesting. Hopefully the logo creator isn't too hard, but hopefully it's not gonna end up like EA sports custom logos where it's the same logos for 6+ years.

It does sound abit like a mix of HUT and the game mode on NBA The Inside.

# 163 liberaluser @ 02/11/12 01:16 PM
I have a serious concern which hasn't been asked and hope someone in the know can alleviate it. I understand that card packs are completely locked in once you get them to prevent cheating. So no restarts.

But are we in any way locked into a certain team name and logo/uniform design once we set it? Or can we change those things at any time without penalty in our fictional franchise like the customization freedom your given with dynasty players?

# 164 tanchl @ 02/11/12 01:54 PM
I would have liked seeing Legends instead of or alongside real players. Couple that with access to more classic stadiums and a stadium creator, oh boy.

# 165 nomo17k @ 02/11/12 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanchl
I would have liked seeing Legends instead of or alongside real players. Couple that with access to more classic stadiums and a stadium creator, oh boy.
Presumably you could edit Dynasty players to resemble Legends...

# 166 MLBTHESHOW4EVER @ 02/11/12 03:17 PM
I really hope that this mode is like ultimate team from madden. Where you can buy packs and complete collections. Also i would love if you win cards from specific achievments. Anyone have an idea if any of this stuff is in hear?

# 167 Kolbe @ 02/11/12 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by statnut
Someone asked before about stat tracking, I'd be curious to know the answer as well. That was something that drove me nuts about Madden Ultimate Team, no players stats at all.
All DD players (Both Dynasty and MLB) have all lifetime stats + current season stats (at my time of departure anyway).

You can compare your stats to the entire league or just that position. You can view any other teams/players stats as well. Players can even win seasonal and lifetime awards (Cy Young, MVP, etc)

One thing nobody's mentioned is a players Fan Rating. As players have big games and gain a fan following (poor performances can lose Fan Rating), starting that player makes each game more valuable. For example (using totally made up numbers) if you have 2 SS's - one a grizzly vet who's played his fair share of games and is near retirement, and the other a young rookie you've just activated from card form to player but has HUGE upside. Your vet may have a 90+ fan rating while your rookie may only have a 5 fan rating. This means that your vet may bring 5mil to the pool and your rookie may only bring 20k - there is an obvious advantage to playing and sticking with your vets until your rookies are ready!

At the same time, keeping your young stud active for timely hitting, or maybe as a defensive replacement giving him the chance to gain some fan rating will benefit you as your vet retires. Using the money your vet makes you can train up your young guy and get him ready for his starting debut.

One other thing to keep in mind... This could have all changed or been removed between the end of Dec and now - so don't skin me alive if that ends up being the case!

-Kolbe

# 168 nemesis04 @ 02/11/12 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBTHESHOW4EVER
I really hope that this mode is like ultimate team from madden. Where you can buy packs and complete collections. Also i would love if you win cards from specific achievments. Anyone have an idea if any of this stuff is in hear?
There was a section in DD where you could collect cards for specific category collections. If you completed the category by getting those cards it would unlock some additional budget money.

# 169 Knight165 @ 02/11/12 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolbe
All DD players (Both Dynasty and MLB) have all lifetime stats + current season stats (at my time of departure anyway).

You can compare your stats to the entire league or just that position. You can view any other teams/players stats as well. Players can even win seasonal and lifetime awards (Cy Young, MVP, etc)

One thing nobody's mentioned is a players Fan Rating. As players have big games and gain a fan following (poor performances can lose Fan Rating), starting that player makes each game more valuable. For example (using totally made up numbers) if you have 2 SS's - one a grizzly vet who's played his fair share of games and is near retirement, and the other a young rookie you've just activated from card form to player but has HUGE upside. Your vet may have a 90+ fan rating while your rookie may only have a 5 fan rating. This means that your vet may bring 5mil to the pool and your rookie may only bring 20k - there is an obvious advantage to playing and sticking with your vets until your rookies are ready!

At the same time, keeping your young stud active for timely hitting, or maybe as a defensive replacement giving him the chance to gain some fan rating will benefit you as your vet retires. Using the money your vet makes you can train up your young guy and get him ready for his starting debut.

One other thing to keep in mind... This could have all changed or been removed between the end of Dec and now - so don't skin me alive if that ends up being the case!

-Kolbe
Nope.
They totally changed all of that about 2 minutes after you walked out of the door for the last time.

M.K.
Knight165

# 170 Knight165 @ 02/11/12 03:37 PM
I keed of course.

M.K.
Knight165

# 171 Kolbe @ 02/11/12 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I keed of course.

M.K.
Knight165
It has been really strange waiting for the game to come out to see how it all finished up - I'm actually really excited for this MLB12 The Show to hit the stores so I can pick up a copy!

-Kolbe

# 172 MLBTHESHOW4EVER @ 02/11/12 03:41 PM
Quote:

-Kolbe
wait what? i thought it was a online feature so you can play against other people. If you can win mvp, cy young etc wouldn't you need to be in a league of a certain amount of people? And when you say "you can view stats from the entire league or just that position." what league are you talking about? If it is just versing cpu's and buying packs for using cpu's over and over again i am going to get very upset

# 173 MLBTHESHOW4EVER @ 02/11/12 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
There was a section in DD where you could collect cards for specific category collections. If you completed the category by getting those cards it would unlock some additional budget money.
So that means we have to get a budget and only increase that budget by buying packs and completing collections?

# 174 NYYanks26 @ 02/11/12 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMhester04
OK I am going to ask about the logo editor.

Can someone go in depth with what we can do with the logos and uniforms?

Are we going to have different uniform types that we can choose from?

Can we create multiple logos?

Can we place a logo anywhere on the uniform?
____
I have some specific stuff on uniforms in my notes, I'll try and post in a bit what I took down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberaluser
I have a serious concern which hasn't been asked and hope someone in the know can alleviate it. I understand that card packs are completely locked in once you get them to prevent cheating. So no restarts.

But are we in any way locked into a certain team name and logo/uniform design once we set it? Or can we change those things at any time without penalty in our fictional franchise like the customization freedom your given with dynasty players?
You can go into Team Customization and edit the logo/uniform design at anytime. Not 100% sure about changing the team name.

# 175 nomo17k @ 02/11/12 03:48 PM
Quote:
wait what? i thought it was a online feature so you can play against other people. If you can win mvp, cy young etc wouldn't you need to be in a league of a certain amount of people? And when you say "you can view stats from the entire league or just that position." what league are you talking about? If it is just versing cpu's and buying packs for using cpu's over and over again i am going to get very upset
I don't know if they have been expanded on this, but your playing stats (like batting ave, ERA, etc.) have always been kept, which you can check against other online players (whom I presume constitute the entire online community, or maybe just within some playing level groups.). For example:

http://www.theshownation.com/players/MLBtheShOwalter

I assume it's something similar...

# 176 Pared @ 02/11/12 03:52 PM
Quote:
It has been really strange waiting for the game to come out to see how it all finished up - I'm actually really excited for this MLB12 The Show to hit the stores so I can pick up a copy!

-Kolbe
/shameless plug

# 177 Kolbe @ 02/11/12 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
/shameless plug
Only if I actually got anything from it

-Kolbe

# 178 Rules @ 02/11/12 04:03 PM
When will be see actual gameplay videos?

# 179 liberaluser @ 02/11/12 04:05 PM
Quote:
Only if I actually got anything from it

-Kolbe
Um, professional pride in a product you had a hand in making?

# 180 Knight165 @ 02/11/12 04:45 PM
Quote:

No...there is indeed a league(s)(I think there are going to be divisions, which are "different leagues" so to say)....but within each there will be SEASONS of play....a set amount of days in which the season consists. If your players have enough games played and are the worthy candidate....that's when the awards are given.
These consist of players from everywhere, not just your own DD world. When playing against CPU teams....that is just to unlock stadiums(those teams home stadiums...) so that you can use those in your play(I believe you can choose those stadiums after winning vs. other human players)
About packs....you use the budget money you get from playing games(you don't have to spend ANY real money if you don't want to ...and from the sounds of it....it's not a huge advantage if you do). You only need to buy packs if...you want to upgrade a position and you feel you might get what you need from them...or to get more cards for the recycler...which gives you a better chance to get what you might need(depending on how "much" you put into the recycler). This will happen when the players that you have activated already are finishing their careers(the # of games you see on the cards)

Quote:
So that means we have to get a budget and only increase that budget by buying packs and completing collections?
No....you get budget by playing games. Wins and losses both get you budget...but obviously winning will get you more budget. Buying packs will NOT get you more budget...it will DECREASE budget.
You must also remember that you spend budget money on training for your generated players....you must balance the two wisely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberaluser
Um, professional pride in a product you had a hand in making?
Damn straight!

M.K.
Knight165

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.