Home
News Post

Check out the new MLB 12 The Show screenshots.

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 VitaminKG21 @ 02/13/12 12:19 PM
What I will never understand is how they get this game to look so gorgeous on so many levels, and then totally screw up the pitching motions in particular. Nearly every other aspect of this game feels so right and true-to-life, and then you see Matt Cain or Jared Weaver do some weird motion that looks nothing like their actual motions and it spoils the whole thing (for me any way). I'm going to have to see a lot of launch videos to convince me that this kind of thing has improved before I drop my $60, otherwise I might as well just keep playing something else.

Just my opinion.

# 62 earp4530 @ 02/13/12 06:10 PM
Is that a inside the park home run? or not..

# 63 thaSLAB @ 02/13/12 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by earp4530
Is that a inside the park home run? or not..
I was thinking more along the lines of triple, and out trying to stretch it, lol. (depends on the umpire I guess)

# 64 earp4530 @ 02/13/12 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
I was thinking more along the lines of triple, and out trying to stretch it, lol. (depends on the umpire I guess)
LOL not pointin any fingers.. *cough cough* Jerry Meals.. *cough cough*

# 65 jeffy777 @ 02/14/12 01:37 AM
I'm dying for some raw gameplay videos.

# 66 thaSLAB @ 02/14/12 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by earp4530
LOL not pointin any fingers.. *cough cough* Jerry Meals.. *cough cough*

Ha! Sad thing is, that kind of killed the spirits of the Pirates from that point on, IMO.

# 67 AUTiger1 @ 02/14/12 11:08 AM
Quote:
Ha! Sad thing is, that kind of killed the spirits of the Pirates from that point on, IMO.
As a Braves fan I was disappointed that the game ended that way. It's got to be devesting for a team to lose a game on a call that horrible. The Pirates never recovered from that which was sad. I really thought they were finally going to end the streak.

# 68 jeffy777 @ 02/14/12 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitingCow
I agree on the pitching motions but they have made some headway into the deep water I think. It definitely doesn't look great or anything but it will suffice for now. I am more worried about pitch accuracy again as both 11 and 10 were VERy disappointing in this aspect. Almost like no one even bothers to check what is going on which pretty had to be the truth. Kind of an important part of the game for it not to be considered much. But we'll see this is looking really good so far.
How was pitch accuracy very disappointing?

# 69 thaSLAB @ 02/14/12 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitingCow
I agree on the pitching motions but they have made some headway into the deep water I think. It definitely doesn't look great or anything but it will suffice for now. I am more worried about pitch accuracy again as both 11 and 10 were VERy disappointing in this aspect. Almost like no one even bothers to check what is going on which pretty had to be the truth. Kind of an important part of the game for it not to be considered much. But we'll see this is looking really good so far.
Did you join OS just to post this? LOL

I'm curious too. Are you talking about pitch types? or pitch movement accuracy?

# 70 Haggis @ 02/14/12 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaminKG21
What I will never understand is how they get this game to look so gorgeous on so many levels, and then totally screw up the pitching motions in particular. Nearly every other aspect of this game feels so right and true-to-life, and then you see Matt Cain or Jared Weaver do some weird motion that looks nothing like their actual motions and it spoils the whole thing (for me any way). I'm going to have to see a lot of launch videos to convince me that this kind of thing has improved before I drop my $60, otherwise I might as well just keep playing something else.

Just my opinion.
Still from the Bautista clip:

I think there has been improvement with the arm placements this year, giving the pitches more of a "whip" quality. I tried to replicate this arm angle with Pavano in 11, and unless he has a different pitching motion from 12, there is definitely something that has changed. I personally would like to see the basic mechanics fixed first, which appears to be the case (or working toward), before they tweak the sig styles.

# 71 El_MaYiMbE @ 02/14/12 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestreak10
prolly because its cold out there lol
I am saying it because they did not have base runners with gloves in past, and I had been complaining about it. Seems like it made it in!

# 72 thaSLAB @ 02/14/12 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_MaYiMbE
I am saying it because they did not have base runners with gloves in past, and I had been complaining about it. Seems like it made it in!
Just a heads up: In the picture (I'm assuming you're talking about the Kemp/Posey pic), Kemp is trying for an inside-the-park homerun, so he didn't have a chance to take his gloves off.

# 73 El_MaYiMbE @ 02/14/12 01:50 PM
Quote:
Just a heads up: In the picture (I'm assuming you're talking about the Kemp/Posey pic), Kemp is trying for an inside-the-park homerun, so he didn't have a chance to take his gloves off.
So what you're saying is baserunners will not have gloves on, and I will be disappointed again this year? : womp womp :

# 74 tree3five @ 02/14/12 04:24 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTiger1
As a Braves fan I was disappointed that the game ended that way. It's got to be devesting for a team to lose a game on a call that horrible. The Pirates never recovered from that which was sad. I really thought they were finally going to end the streak.

sniff sniff

# 75 Joey @ 02/15/12 07:51 AM
I heard that putting the same post in multiple threads helps. (end sarcasm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybirdy23
http://tucsoncitizen.com/bear-down-a...er-560x373.jpg look at this photo. I know they added in the red socks this year, but they need to make it to where you can wear this jersey combination. I know how you can wear the white jersey and alt home pants would make it have the red socks, and then youd select red hat. The only thing I can't figure out is to get the red helmet since it's based on the jersey, so itd go to the blue helmet. I also think it would have the blue undershirt and accessories, which is red in real life. They really should make it to where you can have this jersey combination in the game because the rangers wore it s lot last year. They wore so much that it was basically their number 1 home jersey combination. If anyone would know how you could get the red helmet in there let me know.

# 76 Scott @ 02/17/12 08:16 PM
Yes, its in.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.