Home
UFC Undisputed 3 News Post

While THQ as a whole is having some trouble these days, the developers behind the UFC series have been dutifully plying its third iteration. It's a bit unusual that the team was given a longer development cycle for this game, bucking the annual trend, but it probably has something to do with wanting to make a bigger splash than UFC Undisputed 2010 as well as slightly tighter purse strings for THQ across the board.

After spending some time with the game, it certainly seems like the additional months of development have enabled some meaningful changes to the gameplay as well as the inclusion of many more fighters in the Octagon and, this year, PRIDE. The addition of bantamweight and featherweight classes are exciting, to be sure, as are UFC newcomers Allistair Overeem and Nick Diaz, but it's quite cool to see veterans of the PRIDE era along with completely unique presentation for that mode (ring setup, announcers, entrances, music, scoring, rules, etc.)

Read More - UFC Undisputed 3 Initial Reviewer Impressions

Game: UFC Undisputed 3Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 12 - View All
UFC Undisputed 3 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 mmathaifighter @ 02/16/12 03:28 PM
I dont know what version of online you have been using but I bought the game Tuesday morning and have only managed 4 ranked fights and maybe 10 player matches and I've constantly been trying. Every forum or page that deals with this game has users saying the same thing. The servers are garbage again.

# 2 brahmagoul @ 02/16/12 07:19 PM
Also, to be clear, Allistair Overeem and Nick Diaz don't just come in the game. To get Diaz, you must have pre-ordered from GameStop and to get Overeem, you must have either gotten the Facebook code, purchased or got him from the THQ pre-order.

# 3 Wiggy @ 02/17/12 02:00 AM
I am aware that those two fighters required some hoop-jumping to get, but I think that's pretty common knowledge now. Both are still "in the game," so to speak, and I was more just pointing out who had been added.

# 4 DoubleJMix965 @ 02/17/12 08:18 AM
The clinch seems to be reworked, I don't feel like I'm constantly outmatched when I get into it. Also, I like the fact that they did incorporate an easier control style for the people new to the franchise, which could help get more people into the sport. There are still little things about the striking motions that seem stiff at times, but overall, I'm happy with the updates from the 2010 version and I am excited to get going farther in my career mode. I hope they are able to get their servers up soon.

# 5 gigadkc @ 02/17/12 09:28 AM
tbh I'm a bit disappointed about the game. It's a rock solid game but imho EA's MMA is the better game.

disappointing: - submission system. It' kinda like a boring minigame, EA's submission system is hands down better.
- loading times. There are plenty of them and they are pretty annoying.
(-couldn't play online yet, european servers don't seem to be available yet)
- EA's MMA has smoother gameplay. It's pretty hard to describe what I mean but if you played both games you probably know what I'm talking about.

some positive stuff: - rosters are awesome, overall there are about 170 fighters.
- cuts are great, I already has some brutal blood fests.
- The tutorial is very good. Even if you are an absolute n00b you will know pretty much everything if you played it. It lasts about an hour but it's worth playing it.
- AI is very good. I'm an experienced fighter (I have the platin trophy in the first UFC game and I'm pretty close to platin in EA's MMA) and I had a hard time winning while playing on "pro".

# 6 BaseballJunkiesCEO @ 02/17/12 10:12 AM
Bring on MLB The Show 12 already!!

# 7 scottyo60 @ 02/17/12 10:20 AM
Gigadkc they got their sub system from EA MMA. To me it's the choke mini game, but you can see where the red and blue are at all times.

# 8 gigadkc @ 02/17/12 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyo60
Gigadkc they got their sub system from EA MMA. To me it's the choke mini game, but you can see where the red and blue are at all times.
kinda. EA's is way better. In UFC it's kinda like a chase, in EA's is more about guessing, then hanging on and also having an eye on your stamina. UFC's system is way too simple imo.

# 9 taiketsu @ 02/18/12 06:23 AM
I almost bought this today, until I read you need to buy a the Knockout artist Boost Pack EACH time you want to max out a new created fighter without completing the career mode. Doing the math:

There's 40 CAF slots. The knockout artist pack is 240 ms points. To max out all 40 characters without playing the career mode each time would cost you 9600 ms points!

# 10 Rules @ 02/18/12 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmagoul
Also, to be clear, Allistair Overeem and Nick Diaz don't just come in the game. To get Diaz, you must have pre-ordered from GameStop and to get Overeem, you must have either gotten the Facebook code, purchased or got him from the THQ pre-order.
I preordered from Amazon and it came with both.

# 11 Retropyro @ 02/18/12 02:04 PM
Been playing career and loving it. The one thing I don't like it that it forces you to retire at a certain point. I was the LH Champ and just won the Pride GP for the 3rd time and as soon as the fight ended it took me to a movie stating that all careers have to end at some point. Then the credits rolled. My fighter was only 31. I was going to retire him at 50 fights and I ended just 2 short.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.