Home
SSX News Post

Todd Batty, confirmed with Merqurycity today, that the SSX demo will arrive on February 21st for both 360 and PS3.

Quote:
Today on the Ubercast, Todd Batty confirmed the demo release date. The dates are the following:

PSN: 21st February, Tuesday, for North America
22nd February, Wednesday, for Europe

XBL: 21st February, Tuesday, Worldwide

Zoe is playable, and if you refer a friend you unlock Mac for the demo.

There are four events, 2 tutorials - one is sky diving to teach air controls - and Ridernet is enabled too.

Game: SSXReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 4 - View All
SSX Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Randiesel75 @ 02/16/12 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by murph17
As exclusively revealed on the SSX Ubercast podcast...

The Gravitude Bar • View topic - SSX Demo Date Announced, details emerge
http://www.merqurycity.com/ssx_forum...hp?f=12&t=9731
Nice dude, I'm pretty pumped for this, especially the online features.

# 2 Ermolli @ 02/17/12 09:05 AM
I'll give it a try since I liked the video, it looks fun.

# 3 murph17 @ 02/17/12 09:47 AM
Here's a in-depth video of online features.

I am totally psyched for RiderNet as well. I know some people were really bummed/pissed about no split-screen co-op and no real-time head to head racing (although you can kinda accomplish the same with a friends-only global event). But I think this way is so much better. Also mentioned - you can rage quit and restart events as much as you want, no penalty, doesn't effect other players this way, and only take 3-4 seconds to restart.

# 4 LionsFanNJ @ 02/17/12 01:02 PM
Well thats weak. My wife and I can't play together on the same system? lame, might be the issue that not gets me the game.

# 5 Blzer @ 02/17/12 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
Well thats weak. My wife and I can't play together on the same system? lame, might be the issue that not gets me the game.
I've been complaining about this since Day 1. For all of the things that SSX has done so well in the past and translated over to this game, they've completely eliminated split-screen offline play. Other brand name games, such as Twisted Metal and Call of Duty, decided to expand their split-screen play and allow you to play online as well. I just had a blast playing with my buddy online last night.

It's really a shame and makes me wonder why they did it. Look, I love online play as much as the next guy, but I don't want it to replace offline multiplayer. The fact that people now default the word "multiplayer" to mean online play already shows how much game companies don't care about split-screen play anymore.

# 6 LionsFanNJ @ 02/17/12 03:15 PM
Exactly my beef. The whole reason i was going to buy SSX because my wife and I had so much fun doing 2 player races that we were anticipating doing the same this time around. With the only multiplayer aspect being the online aspect, it has no appeal to me anymore.

Well enjoy the game fellas. I'll find something else.

# 7 Methlab @ 02/17/12 03:32 PM
My friends and I always played this game as a pass the controller type thing. See who had the fastest time and highest score. splitscreen was more distracting than anything.

This could be the sports game of the year. It's crazy people are passing on it because of no split screen..lol. Just seems a little extreme to me.

# 8 Blzer @ 02/17/12 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
My friends and I always played this game as a pass the controller type thing. See who had the fastest time and highest score. splitscreen was more distracting than anything.

This could be the sports game of the year. It's crazy people are passing on it because of no split screen..lol. Just seems a little extreme to me.
I'm most certainly not passing on it, but my little sister will be. She won't play this game by herself; she would only do it if we could play at the same time. Same would go for a game like Pure.

It just saddens me that game companies have decided people don't value split-screen play anymore. Same with Legacy control schemes for shooters, but that's a completely different story.

# 9 Methlab @ 02/17/12 04:45 PM
I loved doing a run and taking a break then trying to beat the prior run, so I am good to go. Thats how we all played it.

I also value the online aspect a lot more as well, so I guess I'm more in the target demo.

# 10 Randiesel75 @ 02/17/12 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I've been complaining about this since Day 1. For all of the things that SSX has done so well in the past and translated over to this game, they've completely eliminated split-screen offline play. Other brand name games, such as Twisted Metal and Call of Duty, decided to expand their split-screen play and allow you to play online as well. I just had a blast playing with my buddy online last night.

It's really a shame and makes me wonder why they did it. Look, I love online play as much as the next guy, but I don't want it to replace offline multiplayer. The fact that people now default the word "multiplayer" to mean online play already shows how much game companies don't care about split-screen play anymore.
Well said, very well said. To leave this mode out was pure oversight on truly understanding what the community wants. For me, the utmost enjoyment is running split-screen mode locally with a friend.

# 11 illmatic21 @ 02/20/12 06:09 PM
It would be nice if it had split screen and a true head-to-head multiplayer mode but I can live without it. The game still looks fantastic and I can't wait to play the demo tomorrow and then buy the game next week. It'll be a blast.

And if the game sells well, they said that they hope to make another SSX game in the future. So hopefully those features would be added in for it. I'm sure they would be. I also remember reading that split screen is something that they could possibly add in with a patch but it's not too likely. Something to keep an eye out for, though.

# 12 lnin0 @ 02/20/12 08:29 PM
One of the only racing/sports games my wife ever played with me. Ah, my old friend split screen...you are missed.

Looking forward to the demo. Hope it includes a global event so we can see how the MP works.

# 13 madlarson @ 02/20/12 09:08 PM
I will be passing. Hire some programmers who can do the split screen for you. Wow.

# 14 murph17 @ 02/21/12 07:19 AM

# 15 murph17 @ 02/21/12 02:47 PM
just a heads-up for those who pre-ordered at Amazon super-early (Dec) like me.

go back to your order and make sure you are setup for RELEASE DATE delivery. when i ordered back in Dec, it wasn't an option (yet). when i checked my order today it said estimated arrival date 3/6 (noooooo!). changed to release date, arrives 2/28 now.

i'm still calling my local "what the hell is a street date?" videogame store starting tomorrow anyways

# 16 Sausage @ 02/21/12 10:56 PM
Reading the impressions from Tomba and others have me very excited for next week.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.