Home
News Post

Kotaku has posted some new MLB 12 The Show screenshots. They feature the Diamond Dynasty mode, including team logo creators, card collections, training assignments and more.

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 nemesis04 @ 02/18/12 03:17 PM
That logo editor looks extremely easy to use......ughhhhhh! Stick figures here we come!

# 2 MrOldboy @ 02/18/12 03:34 PM
Hmm. I wonder how other users will see your team though. I honestly haven't looked too much into the mode as its new so I'll figure it out once the game releases.

I'm hoping this could itch that fantasy baseball itch I've had over the last few years. Just no time commitment to join a league and keep up with it.

# 3 Perfect Zero @ 02/18/12 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
That logo editor looks extremely easy to use......ughhhhhh! Stick figures here we come!
Heh, this is where a sarcasm detector would be useful on the internet.

It shouldn't be that hard to do, specifically if you have some knowledge of Adobe Photoshop. All you have to do is learn how to work with layers.

# 4 nemesis04 @ 02/18/12 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
Heh, this is where a sarcasm detector would be useful on the internet.

It shouldn't be that hard to do, specifically if you have some knowledge of Adobe Photoshop. All you have to do is learn how to work with layers.
Since I literally have zero skills with Adobe, this is going to be a bitch for me!

# 5 douggoud @ 02/18/12 04:02 PM
I see a flat brimmed hat in the last image Very cool. I can't wait to play in DD mode this year. Custom jerseys will be awesome

# 6 Blzer @ 02/18/12 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Since I literally have zero skills with Adobe, this is going to be a bitch for me!
Like I said, I tried this kind of editor for the first time with Backbreaker, and I was able to make a near replica of Spongebob Squarepants, as well as make my own version of a hockey logo and then create another entirely different logo for myself.

Once you're devoted with it, you can't stop.

EDIT: I kind of had a video before, but here are photos of them.

Spoiler

It looks like this game makes making shapes easier, so you really shouldn't have any problem if you have something to work off of.

# 7 nomo17k @ 02/18/12 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Like I said, I tried this kind of editor for the first time with Backbreaker, and I was able to make a near replica of Spongebob Squarepants, as well as make my own version of a hockey logo and then create another entirely different logo for myself.
Those look great, I wish I had the skills to do this. But I bet you cannot use Spongebob type of log due to copyright issues and policing...

# 8 N51_rob @ 02/18/12 06:25 PM
The pocket protector on the uniform is awesome.

# 9 rudyjuly2 @ 02/18/12 06:32 PM
Can you just use the logos of the real MLB teams if you want?

# 10 Blzer @ 02/18/12 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
You'd probably have to recreate it.

What I want to know is whether Vasgersian will be able to say our team names, or if there are names you have to choose from through its audio database.

# 11 rudyjuly2 @ 02/18/12 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
You'd probably have to recreate it.
There have to be some default logos right? Why not use the MLB team ones on the disc? Same goes for the minor league teams. I've never really cared for the "other" modes on sports games but this one intrigues me. It has the feel of NCAA Football where the dynasty mode is fun largely because your roster is constantly turning over and you are developing new talent. I still don't understand how the schedule works out and how a "season" operates.

# 12 Perfect Zero @ 02/18/12 06:47 PM
Quote:
What's the fun in that?

# 13 rudyjuly2 @ 02/18/12 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
What's the fun in that?
I am not an artistic person. I hate even cutting out the background on players for Photoshop covers. The little details and patience in that stuff drives me nuts.

# 14 adamj2281 @ 02/18/12 07:43 PM
Really liking the economics of it all, hopefully it's tight enough to where it's competitive.

# 15 thaSLAB @ 02/18/12 09:03 PM
Quote:
I am not an artistic person. I hate even cutting out the background on players for Photoshop covers. The little details and patience in that stuff drives me nuts.
There are a lot of default logos that can be used. They range from animals to airplanes to baseball related items.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

# 16 DeathMetal @ 02/19/12 12:05 AM
Its too bad that all this neat team creation stuff is only used in one mode. I hope it is included in season and franchise somewhere down the line.

# 17 VladCanada @ 02/19/12 03:18 AM
Coming from tons of hours from the Forza editor, I'm excited to give the editor a shot. Is it confirmed that we can't use custom teams with custom logo in franchise mode?

# 18 LastActionHero @ 02/19/12 06:40 AM
Ah give us just a logo editor demo and I'm happy

# 19 Skyboxer @ 02/19/12 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
Ah give us just a logo editor demo and I'm happy
That would be cool especially if the designs could be used in retail.

# 20 Falcon999 @ 02/19/12 10:16 AM
From what I understand we have one home and one away slot for our custom uniforms. Simple question, before game starts can we mix & match caps, jerseys,pants like in other mods ?

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.