Home
News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 nemesis04 @ 02/21/12 07:38 PM
Notice the umps strike zone? From the catcher cam view he would not give in to the right side of the strike zone and was more generous toward the left side just off the plate. Oh those new umps!

# 42 TN - BRAVES FAN @ 02/21/12 07:40 PM
The same crappy commentary...sounding like they aren't even in the same broadcast booth.

# 43 smiley3 @ 02/21/12 07:42 PM
Hopefully they put Hamiltons tattoos on his ARM !

# 44 DetroitStyle @ 02/21/12 07:44 PM
I don't know. I've been playing this series for 4-5 years now and it all just looks the same. They made a huge leap in graphics last year, but it all just seems the same. Same presentation styles, same animations, etc. It's not a bad thing, it's still an amazing game, but like I said it all seems the same to me lol.

# 45 smiley3 @ 02/21/12 07:46 PM
Check out this gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCvZuiSHsAM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

# 46 letsgopens66 @ 02/21/12 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley3
This is great. Maybe make a new thread for it?

# 47 sportdan30 @ 02/21/12 08:01 PM
When will the broadcast be overhauled? When SCEA? Why is everyone giving them a free pass when they said it has been changed? It hasn't! There's still a detachment between Matt and Dave.

# 48 Factzzz @ 02/21/12 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportdan30
When will the broadcast be overhauled? When SCEA? Why is everyone giving them a free pass when they said it has been changed? It hasn't! There's still a detachment between Matt and Dave.
It was only 1 inning of game play

# 49 nomo17k @ 02/21/12 08:06 PM
Quote:
Many lines are still the same, and I don't necessarily think they need to be totally removed (though adding/replacing with new ones would be nice), but the broadcasting "views" in general has improved I think. Like how the transitions between different "cut" scenes are smooth? I think that's what True Broadcast thing is referring to.

And I don't think the devs have ever said the announcing has been "overhauled"... I think it was more about adding lines that pertain to the season/performance context.

# 50 Skyboxer @ 02/21/12 08:08 PM
Just made the last few days wait wven longer.
And for those expecting or wanting major changes you have to remember the game is pretty spot on. Yes some area like the commentary needs more work and some other areas as well, but the core game is second to none.
The game looks nothing IMO to games 3-4 years ago. Last year had some nice additions and this year with the revamped Physics etc... It gets even better.

The Show isn't the sports game that needs a major overhaul....

# 51 Joey @ 02/21/12 08:10 PM
I believe they said new commentary had been added, not completely overhauled. Pretty sure if they fix the detachment it will need to be completely overhauled, no? Isn't the new commentary suppose to add some dynamic lines? How would you be able to tell if it is or isn't from 1 inning of an exhibition game?

And I'm not defending one way or the other, just keeping an open mind at this point.

Quote:

# 52 jeffy777 @ 02/21/12 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
The Shoe isn't the sports game that needs a major overhaul....
Yeah, the new cleats look great!

EDIT: he fixed it.....lol

# 53 ZOMB13AUTOPILOT @ 02/21/12 08:11 PM
This game looks awesome!!!!!!!!! Carpenter's windup/follow through looks sooooo good. A lot more realistic. Berkman's stance, practice swing, swing and follow through are all spot on! Ball physics do look much improved. Man. This IS gonna be a long 2 weeks. Superb job guys! I'll probably watch these oh, maybe another 500 times before the game comes out lol.

# 54 Sinner618 @ 02/21/12 08:12 PM
In this video:
Beltran is #15
Furcal is #3

In real life:
Furcal will be #15
Beltran will most likely be #3 based on spring training photos...

But not a big deal, we'll probably be able to change #'s... right??

And this video blew me away considering the teams featured in it... it just so happens I will be attending not one but TWO Cards vs Cubs games in STL this year, April 14 (WS Ring Ceremony game) and July 22... YAY!

# 55 jeffy777 @ 02/21/12 08:12 PM
I'm loving the new hitting camera.

# 56 sportdan30 @ 02/21/12 08:13 PM
I suppose you're right about the commentary. I was hoping for a lot more bantering back and forth about a specific player, a story of some sort, a specific baseball rule, etc. Or maybe I'm just tired of Matt V. I don't even think he announces games anymore. Isn't he solely on MLB TV?

Additionally, I just don't think a three man booth in baseball works, except for in the World Series. I think I'd be more fine with Matt and Karros. I know you can turn Dave off and all, but at the very least then give Karros a lot more lines of commentary.

Oooh well. Besides that, the game looks and sounds fantastic.

# 57 Doormat @ 02/21/12 08:15 PM
Quote:
I suppose you're right about the commentary. I was hoping for a lot more bantering back and forth about a specific player, a story of some sort, a specific baseball rule, etc. Or maybe I'm just tired of Matt V. I don't even think he announces games anymore. Isn't he solely on MLB TV?

Additionally, I just don't think a three man booth in baseball works, except for in the World Series. I think I'd be more fine with Matt and Karros. I know you can turn Dave off and all, but at the very least then give Karros a lot more lines of commentary.

Oooh well. Besides that, the game looks and sounds fantastic.
He still broadcasts games dude, he did a Tigers one last season when Inge hit the walk off I think. But I'm pretty sure Russel said that they added commentary where they will talk about how that person did this season so far, last week, last night,etc. Or I was dreaming.

# 58 earp4530 @ 02/21/12 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley3
Check out this gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCvZuiSHsAM&feature=youtube_gdata_player
That homerun from Delmon Young was nice and subdued. Refreshing to see.

# 59 jeffy777 @ 02/21/12 08:20 PM
If commentary is the only complaint, it just shows how great this game really is. It actually looks like you're watching a real game of baseball. The camera angles, overlays, etc. are perfect, and that's where the "true broadcast" really shines.

# 60 Craigsca @ 02/21/12 08:20 PM
I love this game and buy it every year, but there's one thing that has always troubled me and continues to do so: the ability for a pitcher to paint the corners. I know these are the #1 starters, but it always seems crazy how they rarely miss. I mean, if you look at the balls thrown in that video they are RIGHT off the plate (and are basically 50/50 whether they're strikes are not). I know the ball/strike ratio is roughly .4/.6, but it just seems so difficult to coax a ball out of these guys.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.