Home
News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Please give thanks to blueandwhite!

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 JayNY @ 02/26/12 07:51 PM
I hate to be that guy but for Rafael Soriano to be rated higher than Curtis Granderson and and Dave Robertson... I don't know.

# 42 MC2 @ 02/26/12 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayNY
I hate to be that guy but for Rafael Soriano to be rated higher than Curtis Granderson and and Dave Robertson... I don't know.
Exactly. Soriano's great, but he missed most of last season, and when he was around, didn't do much.

While Curtis Granderson was one of the best hitters last year and Dave Robertson is a lights out pitcher.

# 43 metsfan4life1 @ 02/26/12 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catch212
A "number 4 starter on a winning team" is a little different than the third best player overall on a team. You just reinforced his statement.
He's not.. This is a video game we're talking about. In real life he's not in the top 5.

# 44 metsfan4life1 @ 02/26/12 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr9inchesbpel
As a Mets fan I'm disappointed to see that Tim Byrdak is considered to be a better player then Ike Davis, Lucas Duda and Daniel Murphy.

All 3 of those guys were pretty good when they were playing last year and I hope that because of injuries or not being to well known and young that are rated low.
I couldn't agree more!! No Ike or murph or Duda in the top nine.. SMH. At least murph or Ike should've been there. They've had the most experience. If I don't edit them to where they should be, I would have just another 1B with power and some useless 2B because his D is bad and he's underrated as a hitter. Duda probably has good pop, but his Average and plate discipline are probably really low.. When Dudas a guy who shows patience and doesn't strike out a lot, as a matter of fact.

# 45 metsfan4life1 @ 02/26/12 08:26 PM
Quote:
Hoping that by opening day they change some of the attributes or that these guys have good seasons so the Mets can actually be good in real life and so they get their attributes boosted up.

Also another thing but I think they should put any non closing relief pitchers lower on this list. An expandable reliever who gives you a 3.50 era can have a good overall in the game but is by no means as good a player as a 300+ hitting good defensive 1st baseman.
Ike was on pace to have better numbers than Pujols last year, they should factor that in too. I mean, without editing Ike, heeill be just a slightly above average 1B with some pop, and ey portably haven't recognized his great glove at 1B yet. And murph was Having a great year as a hitter. Yet it looks like he'll be rated as some bench player that would pinch hit. And Duda was great last year offensively! And he, because he doesn't have a good glove or speed, would be useless because he could only hit HRs and they most likely gave him low contact.. He hit 292 I think last year.. In 390+ at bats.

# 46 metsfan4life1 @ 02/26/12 08:28 PM
Quote:
Hoping that by opening day they change some of the attributes or that these guys have good seasons so the Mets can actually be good in real life and so they get their attributes boosted up.

Also another thing but I think they should put any non closing relief pitchers lower on this list. An expandable reliever who gives you a 3.50 era can have a good overall in the game but is by no means as good a player as a 300+ hitting good defensive 1st baseman.
But they don't edit attributes.. I don't think so. 2Ks great at this, but the show lacks at actually updating the attributes.

# 47 ZOMB13AUTOPILOT @ 02/26/12 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metsfan4life1
Look at his numbers last year, they were really good. His ratings right. But Berkmens is a little low.
Yea I know he had a good year last year. But to put him over Waino (I know he didn't play last year, and is coming off of elbow surgery) and Garcia (Look at his last 2 seasons) is nuts IMO. I think he deserves to be 3rd or 4th, but not 2nd. Oh well. No big deal. They didn't overrate him. They underrated Garcia especially. Berkman had a HUGE season for us last year, but his 2009 and 2010 seasons weren't as good. Especially in the Average and HR department. Overall the ratings look pretty good though.

# 48 DanH35 @ 02/26/12 08:43 PM
The first thing I'm going to do when I get the game is lower Lohse's ratings, no way he should be rated higher than Garcia.

# 49 tabarnes19_SDS @ 02/26/12 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoid1313
shouldn't Jose Bautista have a longer contract than 1 year? its gonna suck seeing the cpu try and unload him in franchise again this year.
cant they not at the very least let us adjust the years in the contracts??
Do the contract trick pre-franchise...It still works. In roster management swap him for a player on free agent list 3 and then back and his contract will change.

# 50 MetsFan16 @ 02/26/12 08:45 PM
Yeah I'm going to have to bump up Davis and Murph. There is no reason why they are rated so low. Maybe the injuries but that shouldn't impact a player's rating, except maybe Duraility.

# 51 econoodle @ 02/26/12 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpbaseball22
That Pirates roster is so depressing...

but but, AJ Burnett.

all kidding aside, he wins 17 games this year,
enjoy.

# 52 metsfan4life1 @ 02/26/12 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
Yeah I'm going to have to bump up Davis and Murph. There is no reason why they are rated so low. Maybe the injuries but that shouldn't impact a player's rating, except maybe Duraility.
Still. Ike has the potential to be a top 10 First basemen in the whole game! Both defensively and offensively. But as his ratings go, I don't think he'll be top 10 in the game. Even as of now, I think he's in the top ten! He's probably 9 or ten. And murph should be rated higher than he was last year! If he's not then I'll be disturbed.

# 53 captainda9 @ 02/26/12 08:55 PM
WOW.shawn kelly above dustin ackley,jesus montero and justin smoak.huh?

# 54 brett the jet favre @ 02/26/12 09:14 PM
ackley got no love, as well as Smoak but with Milwood rated so high, looks like im gonna be able to get a prospect of 2 for him at the deadline , but damn did Guti get some love, been hurt the last 2 years and BAAM, top 3 rated on our team.

# 55 Yanks1971 @ 02/26/12 09:19 PM
I just like the song in the back ground . Rick James "You and I"

Funky !

# 56 tessl @ 02/26/12 09:27 PM
I was hoping to see Presley on the list for the Pirates. They do have some pitching.

# 57 NDAlum @ 02/26/12 09:51 PM
Two Notre Dame guys, Axford and Samardzija, holding it down in The Show.

# 58 Daxious @ 02/26/12 09:56 PM
I'd love to know how Rafael Soriano gets bumped ahead of Granderson. Rather I'd like to know how he made the Top 9 at all ... interesting stats there.

# 59 Majingir @ 02/26/12 11:15 PM
Jays rating surprises me abit.

Their team rating has them 7th in batting, yet 6 of their top 9 players are pitchers....(and their pitching rating isn't in top 10).

Nice to see 4 of the Jays newest bullpen guys are in their top 9. Says alot about how improved the Jays bullpen is.

# 60 MakaveliLPC @ 02/26/12 11:52 PM
Ehhh, these really aren't very good.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.