Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

Based off a tweet from @1660ESPN, it looks like RG III will be the NCAA Football 13 cover athlete. Let's hope it is not up to vote again this year, with multiple candidates.

Quote:
With a photo shoot in the offing, I can confirm that Robert Griffin III will be on the cover of EA Sports NCAA Football 2013 this year.

Thanks to StickSkills!

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Sparkles @ 02/27/12 03:02 PM
Maybe there will be a heisman trophy presentation in dynasty????

# 42 Cowboy_Bear @ 02/27/12 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaporub83
If I remember correctly RG3 was going to go to Houston until Art Briles left for Baylor. RG3 followed him there so doesn't really make Baylor a recruiting hot bed
Never said it was a hot bed. But it is more deserving that a "C" grade:
2009 - 2nd overall pick, Jason Smith
2011 - 21st overall pick, Phil Taylor
2011 - 23rd overall pick, Danny Watkins
2012 - 2nd overall pick *, RGIII
2012 - 15th overall pick *, Kendel Wright
*= where the experts beileve these guys will be picked.

# 43 theharbinater @ 02/27/12 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
You forgot the most important part of their new website. The candidates you get to vote for.

http://www.ea.com/ncaa-football/blog...-cover-athlete
they also released the official release day:

NCAAź Football 13, set to hit retail shelves on Tuesday, July 10. In addition to RG3, a fellow Heisman Trophy winner will appear on the cover of NCAA Football 13 based on a fan vote.

# 44 BA2929 @ 02/27/12 03:12 PM
Having two Heisman winners on the cover makes me think that they're going to revamp the Heisman presentation in 13. Maybe including a ceremony or something like that. Similar to what the cover athlete hinted at when they had Jared Zabransky on it and they included a bunch of trick plays that year.

# 45 husky4life @ 02/27/12 03:16 PM
Oh god him on the cover

# 46 blkrptnt819 @ 02/27/12 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy_Bear
Sic Em Bears RGIII! Couldn't of happened to a better, more deserving guy.

Now hopefully EA will give some recruiting respect to Baylor now. We've had a first round pick in the last two drafts and we'll have two Top-15 picks in this year's draft. Time to bump our "pro potential" EA!!!
Not the smartest pick by the Browns for Phil Taylor. But I do think a boost is needed. Just don't make Baylor a 4* next year. That would really **** up my OD next year.

# 47 blkrptnt819 @ 02/27/12 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaporub83
If I remember correctly RG3 was going to go to Houston until Art Briles left for Baylor. RG3 followed him there so doesn't really make Baylor a recruiting hot bed
Players go to schools because of coaches all the time. And they decommit for the same reason. I don't think that's a valid argument.

# 48 blkrptnt819 @ 02/27/12 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by husky4life
Oh god him on the cover
And what's wrong with "him". He was CLEARLY the MVP of college football this season.

# 49 Cowboy_Bear @ 02/27/12 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
Not the smartest pick by the Browns for Phil Taylor. But I do think a boost is needed. Just don't make Baylor a 4* next year. That would really **** up my OD next year.
Complately agree. About P Taylor and the BU 4*. By no means are we some powerhouse - we're just not the same old Baylor of the 2000's.

DANGIT!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for this game to come out. And I'll probably be disappointed again.

# 50 sportzbro @ 02/27/12 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntt26
Interesting. Must be a big push on the road to glory mode with the Hesiman rep on the cover. Maybe we'll get the heisman trophy presentation in the game again like the PS2 days
Jesus, I hope it's not indicative of a "revamp" of RTG - they just did that and it's still pretty bad. Hopefully it's just a presentational element in dynasty (which needs significant upgrades).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampStomper90
I'd say he was more of a runner, since most of his highlight film is him making plays with his legs, and considering the fact that he's a track champion.
Dude, RG3 was one of the most efficient and accurate QB's in the history of college football this season. He just happens to be incredibly fast too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogators
This means that there is probably a big emphasis on The Heisman Race this year.
Again, hopefully not an "upgraded" RTG, but EA bringing back magazine covers w/our players and a Heisman presentation + relevant commentary.

As for the second cover athlete, I hope it's Sanders or Herschel Walker.

# 51 Gotmadskillzson @ 02/27/12 04:11 PM
Quote:
Herschel Walker

That would be great, however......how many people who are on Facebook that will be voting will even know who that is ? They weren't even born when he played....

So hopefully EA puts up a highlight series for each of the candidates to help out the younger generation. If not, we going to be hearing a whole lot of who is that ?????? I need to google him or even worse.....they going to be too lazy to google and just vote on the school they came from instead of the actual player and what they did in college football.

# 52 cubsfan1913 @ 02/27/12 04:35 PM
RGIII is official but they are also letting people vote on who else is on there with him

# 53 blkrptnt819 @ 02/27/12 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson

That would be great, however......how many people who are on Facebook that will be voting will even know who that is ? They weren't even born when he played....

So hopefully EA puts up a highlight series for each of the candidates to help out the younger generation. If not, we going to be hearing a whole lot of who is that ?????? I need to google him or even worse.....they going to be too lazy to google and just vote on the school they came from instead of the actual player and what they did in college football.
Everything you said sound like Eddie George will be on the cover. I can live with that.

# 54 JohnDoe8865 @ 02/27/12 05:49 PM
Fantastic choice IMO, bravo on this one EA. Now make a game worthy of RGIII!

# 55 44drob @ 02/27/12 06:04 PM
YESSSSS !!!! HAHA NICE INDEED

# 56 husker_diehard @ 02/27/12 06:04 PM
Mike Rozier needs to be in the voting for the former Heisman winner

# 57 SuperBowlNachos @ 02/27/12 06:40 PM
Quote:
I'd say he was more of a runner, since most of his highlight film is him making plays with his legs, and considering the fact that he's a track champion.
He had 4,293 yards passing and only 699 rushing. 6th in the nation in passing yards and #2 in passer rating.

# 58 TripleCrown9 @ 02/27/12 06:46 PM
I guess I should have said mobile, since making plays with his legs means scrambling out of the pocket for more time. Running doesn't always mean taking off at the sign of trouble.

# 59 RoudybushONU @ 02/27/12 06:49 PM
second Brownie to make it on a EA Sports cover, love'n it.

# 60 Jeff George @ 02/27/12 06:58 PM
Quote:
Rushing used to account for more of his total yardage, but he had definitely become primarily a passer the last two seasons. In 2008, he ranked 70th nationally in passing yardage (2091) and 66th in rushing (846). In 2011, he ranked 6th nationally in passing (4293) and 109th in rushing (699).

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.