Home
News Post

These videos are also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Please give thanks to blueandwhite!

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 tnixen @ 02/27/12 08:36 AM
All the Intros look almost exactly like MLB 11 The Show.

I hope the Intros get a major overhaul for MLB 13 The Show with a fresh new look and sound to them.

# 2 brrmikey @ 02/27/12 08:45 AM
thanks for the videos. i like how the vendors seemed more lifelike signaling to the fans. i also like how the players hands no longer have ape-like shape to them like last year at times during the intros. already pre-purchased the game, can't wait. thanks again for posting.

# 3 econoodle @ 02/27/12 09:07 AM
the intros are uninspired and stale.
i think its actually regressed tho, from past pre games, as in earlier games, the announcers actually talked during the intros, lineups, d-alignment, etc.

Now its silence [obviously this vid had no sound, but the earlier vids showed Matt as the only one speaking during the entire pre game.
gross misuse of a 3-man booth].

i'd seriously like to throw out some positives as like tnixen i am a presentation junkie, so i am very spirited when it comes to discussing this part of the game, but all i can say is, i like the new camera angles for the defensive lineup, otherwise its same old news.

as we come up on 1 week till launch, and unless theres a blog showcasing stuff we havent seen, this was a lackluster start to an area of the game that in sonys words was given a massive overhaul [and was the number one focus], commentary and tv style presentation.
i am expecting much more from TBP and the 3 announskateers next year.
i wouldnt have been upset if they didnt make such a big deal over this area of the game.
Yes its improved, but it didnt look like it was the main focus, as was stated.
If it was, these intros would have a bit more life to them.

thanks to the best buy goers who got these vids!

# 4 majestic24 @ 02/27/12 09:09 AM
uhmmm, i dont think AJ ellis has won a gold glove.

# 5 Tomba @ 02/27/12 09:15 AM
Won't focus on the negatives because they are clearly there.

BUT the game is still beautiful still vibrant and from what I see HAS BEEN updated some. Enough to make it fresh but not enough to make it as jaw dropping anymore...that was last year.

1 year cycle are tough. major improvements happen over time and probably take 2 years to get into even if the game comes out every year. So every new feature is probably worked on 2 years in advance and that is what we are seeing. Like last year the lighting. It took two years prob to implement right so that this year its super decent.

The show has always been a very clean game and its the perfect fit for the PS3. I just wish SCEA made a Golf game with their tech. it would probably be amazing.

# 6 Flaxseed Oil @ 02/27/12 09:20 AM
Strasburg doesn't really look like Strasburg.

# 7 PsychoBulk @ 02/27/12 09:48 AM
Nice swing Melky put on that single, looked very nice on the replay.

Strasburg could perhaps do with some work i agree but overall it looks clean cut and beautiful.

# 8 jkra0512 @ 02/27/12 09:50 AM
I'm not a big presentation nut, so I don't really care about the pre-game things compared to actual gameplay, but I guess I can look forward to the same opening for my Yankees as we had in '11. I'm sure Matt probably has a different opening lines or two, but right now it looks the same. On a scale 1-10 of where this affects me? One...

# 9 garyjr33 @ 02/27/12 10:40 AM
I really like the 2011 stats popping up with highlights of certain stats or the fact that the guy missed so many games with this kind of injury last year or what not.

# 10 tnixen @ 02/27/12 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyjr33
I really like the 2011 stats popping up with highlights of certain stats or the fact that the guy missed so many games with this kind of injury last year or what not.

And the more they show the better

STATS STATS STATS!!!

# 11 earp4530 @ 02/27/12 11:16 AM
Mike Cameron retired this offseason!

# 12 queensbomber @ 02/27/12 11:41 AM
is it raining at the dodger game or is it just me?

# 13 Doran @ 02/27/12 11:43 AM
Couldn't get far enough to give us a look at the Blue Jays uniforms?

# 14 thaSLAB @ 02/27/12 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by queensbomber
is it raining at the dodger game or is it just me?
It was indeed raining.

# 15 garyjr33 @ 02/27/12 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
It was indeed raining.
So are there rain delays and postponed games? I forget if I saw this answered on another thread awhile back or not.

# 16 thaSLAB @ 02/27/12 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyjr33
So are there rain delays and postponed games? I forget if I saw this answered on another thread awhile back or not.
You probably did see it, but the answer is... no

# 17 Cavicchi @ 02/27/12 01:11 PM
They show Gold Glove under Kemp and Ethier, but not under Kershaw. Kershaw won the Gold Glove in NL for 2011.

# 18 Unit303 @ 02/27/12 01:34 PM
I guess some people expected a lot more. I didn't play 11 so this is a huge overhaul to me and that especially includes all the things that even 11 messed up big time in franchise. They also looked to have gotten rid of more 4 seamers which is always nice.

# 19 Marino @ 02/27/12 01:49 PM
They added Kershaw's unique thing he does in the stretch!

Sent from Hayden Panettiere's #1 fan

# 20 Cavicchi @ 02/27/12 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic24
uhmmm, i dont think AJ ellis has won a gold glove.
They made a mistake that I hope gets corrected. The Gold Glove should be for Kershaw, not Ellis.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.