Home
News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Please give thanks to PhilliesFan13!

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 UMhester04 @ 02/28/12 03:25 PM
I have a question, does anyone know if this game will have outfielders with lower ratings mis-play balls in the air? I was just watching some videos on youtube of my favorite players and some of their hits come from the outfielder mis-playing a sliced ball.

# 22 Knight165 @ 02/28/12 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMhester04
I have a question, does anyone know if this game will have outfielders with lower ratings mis-play balls in the air? I was just watching some videos on youtube of my favorite players and some of their hits come from the outfielder mis-playing a sliced ball.
Yes...they can make errors on fly balls.

M.K.
Knight165

# 23 UMhester04 @ 02/28/12 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Yes...they can make errors on fly balls.

M.K.
Knight165

Errors as in just not catching the ball, or errors as in I thought it was gonna land here but...uh oh...wait...wait...oop it landed over there errors

EDIT:

2:32 of that video

# 24 nomo17k @ 02/28/12 03:43 PM
Quote:
Errors as in just not catching the ball, or errors as in I thought it was gonna land here but...uh oh...wait...wait...oop it landed over there errors
I haven't seen the latter, although an outfielder sometimes misjudges a *hard liner* directly hit to them. (It's a difficult play IRL as well.)

# 25 UMhester04 @ 02/28/12 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
I haven't seen the latter, although an outfielder sometimes misjudges a *hard liner* directly hit to them. (It's a difficult play IRL as well.)

Yes this is exactly what im talking about, the once and a while screaming line drives with some tail on them (as illustrated by the video I edited into that post). Basically what I was wondering was if the fielders always played the balls correctly or not no matter what.

# 26 nomo17k @ 02/28/12 03:52 PM
Quote:
Yes this is exactly what im talking about, the once and a while screaming line drives with some tail on them (as illustrated by the video I edited into that post). Basically what I was wondering was if the fielders always played the balls correctly or not no matter what.
Sorry I didn't catch your video... too many posts these days lol.

I don't think they have that particular play, and I think new plays are always being added every year which is nice... But I think I've only seen a misjudge play of the kind I described, not much else... something hit directly to the fielder.

# 27 UMhester04 @ 02/28/12 03:59 PM
Quote:
Sorry I didn't catch your video... too many posts these days lol.

I don't think they have that particular play, and I think new plays are always being added every year which is nice... But I think I've only seen a misjudge play of the kind I described, not much else... something hit directly to the fielder.

I put it in after you responded, my bad! But if we have what you said than that is enough for me, as long as there is something that will indicate these CPU players feel like they are human.

# 28 nomo17k @ 02/28/12 04:00 PM
Quote:
I put it in after you responded, my bad! But if we have what you said than that is enough for me, as long as there is something that will indicate these CPU players feel like they are human.
I think we'll see a lot of play variety this year with the new ball physics. I was very pleased by all the new plays added in the 10 -> 11 improvement, so I'm hopeful we are in for even greater things!

# 29 UMhester04 @ 02/28/12 04:21 PM
Quote:
I think we'll see a lot of play variety this year with the new ball physics. I was very pleased by all the new plays added in the 10 -> 11 improvement, so I'm hopeful we are in for even greater things!
With all the talk about the new ball physics coupled with me watching that video, it just clicked that maybe it could be a possibility. I really hope we are wow'ed and something like that video happens in a game this year!

# 30 jmik58 @ 02/28/12 04:39 PM
Quote:
I posted a similar question in relation to the Blue Jays vs. Royals video.

It seems like all of the Outfielders are taking nearly the same angles and with the same reaction, speed, precision, etc. The difference in their skill seems to be showing only in them whiffing on the ball.

I'm hopeful that the differences in fielding skill will impact many more aspects of the attempt to field the ball like: angle, reaction, speed, ball-landing-spot judgement, etc.

Any of the CD guys have any info on this? What about roster guys?

# 31 econoodle @ 02/28/12 04:42 PM
Quote:

the physics & hit variety is great this year, not noticeable on every play mind you, but when its there its THERE!

# 32 Carbon @ 02/28/12 07:44 PM
As a Sox fan, I wish they could have added Robin Ventura, instead of a generic looking manager. Outside of that, I don't have any complaints. Game looks great!

# 33 JoeCoolMan24 @ 02/28/12 07:45 PM
Was that bald old guy in the dugout supposed to be Robin Ventura?

Robin does not look like that, he has beautiful peppered hair, and is a young man!

# 34 Drew127 @ 02/28/12 08:40 PM
Quote:

EDIT:

2:32 of that video
WOW I did not know the A's ever wore their yellow alternates on the road with the grey pants (as seen in the video at the 2:22 mark). That looks AWFUL.

# 35 Drew127 @ 02/28/12 08:42 PM
My favorite part of this video was the replay of the Konerko HR where they show two angles. The second angle is astonishing and looks just like real life. I hope we are in for lots of treats like this on the replays.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.