Home
News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Please give thanks to blueandwhite!

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 MC2 @ 02/29/12 03:12 PM
I am not throwing down the show or it's creators in anyway, I am just wondering, how come other games can use the home uniforms in the player edit but this game can't?

# 42 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/29/12 03:34 PM
There is far more fidelity in not only graphics, but what is going on in the stadiums compared to cookie cutters in the other sports.

All memory. And I don't see a plethora of equipment in the other games to how you describe.

And you can not use the same "design" but emit the logo. It can only be 30% similar to the licensed product.

# 43 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/29/12 03:57 PM
I come up with, gasp, what we were told by those in charge at the studio.

The bats and gloves were allowed to stay because the previous art was pre-existing, much like a lot of other items in stadiums, etc. Think "grandfathered". They were only forced to remove the writing since the licensing drop.

But keep arguing it. This is not a TV show or movie, they have far more to deal with (i.e. Player's Union) than Hollywood does.

# 44 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/29/12 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd369
Players union doesnt have anything to do with bats and gloves. Come on now.
Yes. It. Does.

The Player Union was the whole reason Rawlings had to be dropped. And that is as far as I will go.

Another thing from the horses mouth, which I won't elaborate on further

# 45 Skyboxer @ 02/29/12 07:59 PM
Anyways.....
As far as the editor... I'll now be hours before starting my RTTS etc... Damn SCEA!!!

# 46 Factzzz @ 02/29/12 08:21 PM
All of these editions are crazy, i can not wait to play this game.
There are only a few things i wish they had in the player editor:
- Longer wrist tape (Like Joey Bats)
- Unbuttoned jerseys
- Options for a baggier or tighter jersey
With these things, i think it would be perfect (and necklaces, but i hear that's not possible)

# 47 Russell_SCEA @ 02/29/12 08:28 PM
Quote:
Well considering EVERY OTHER sports game can do stuff like this year to year Id say yeah its a fact (we can exclude 2k baseball, they are just lost and I dont even consider that a sports game). What makes y'all the only one that is so far behind that the addition of a fielding glove takes so long? Please enlighten me.
The first one for PS3 was what 08? So this is the 5th installment with nothing changed on the fielding glove front. Y'all have even taken out stuff that looked pretty good. Why take anything out at all? Add to it for more options.

That has absolutely nothing to do with this product at all. It's comparing apples to sea lions.

# 48 metsfan4life1 @ 02/29/12 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
- Unbuttoned jerseys
With these things, i think it would be perfect (and necklaces, but i hear that's not possible)
Totally agree! I forgot to mention the longer wrist tape in one of my earlier posts in this thread.

# 49 thaSLAB @ 02/29/12 10:59 PM
Quote:
Well considering EVERY OTHER sports game can do stuff like this year to year Id say yeah its a fact (we can exclude 2k baseball, they are just lost and I dont even consider that a sports game). What makes y'all the only one that is so far behind that the addition of a fielding glove takes so long? Please enlighten me.
The first one for PS3 was what 08? So this is the 5th installment with nothing changed on the fielding glove front. Y'all have even taken out stuff that looked pretty good. Why take anything out at all? Add to it for more options.
Maybe it's a baseball thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
I come up with, gasp, what we were told by those in charge at the studio.

The bats and gloves were allowed to stay because the previous art was pre-existing, much like a lot of other items in stadiums, etc. Think "grandfathered". They were only forced to remove the writing since the licensing drop.

But keep arguing it. This is not a TV show or movie, they have far more to deal with (i.e. Player's Union) than Hollywood does.
QFT

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

# 50 JoeRyan33 @ 03/01/12 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
- Unbuttoned jerseys
I love the idea of unbuttoned jersey, but it would require a bit in the material physics to get it looking right. I'd love to get that oversized jersey look that Manny started in Cleveland, or getting the fit of those old 80s jerseys (which are a totally different cut to the current jersey - they tapered much nicer in the Rawlings days).

I'd love an option to have fitted sleeves like Sammy Sosa wore.

Necklaces are in 2K's game, so I think it's possible.

I'd love to see different style bats...but hey... things are just amazing this year with all the editing, can't wait to get at this.

# 51 AUTiger1 @ 03/01/12 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC2
I am not throwing down the show or it's creators in anyway, I am just wondering, how come other games can use the home uniforms in the player edit but this game can't?
Because it takes up too much memory. They want to do it but they simply can't.

# 52 Shinyhubcaps @ 03/01/12 08:04 PM
Oh if all sports games had these accessories options. Colors on everything, 3 batting helmets, 4 hat brims, fan chants and jeers, batting gloves under fielding gloves or in pockets, wearing glasses on your cap, the rare dual-flap helmet... probably still has an awesome face/skin editor and facial hair layering for CAPs, too.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.