Home
News Post

These videos are examples in MLB 12 The Show gameplay, showcasing some of the little things that we will see. This is Part 2 of... Let's just say, there's more to come! If you want it...

If you missed Part 1, click here.

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jmik58 @ 02/29/12 05:21 PM
Very nice videos.

One question though. Who is the player that is at 3B on the "out of position" video? Is that Beckham? I thought he was a middle infielder.

My concern is that while a player may be out of his normal position, a 2B or a SS wouldn't screw up a grounder just because he's positioned at 3rd.

# 2 PhillsPhan26 @ 02/29/12 05:25 PM
Everything I have been seeing out of these two parts have been great.

# 3 GibsonD90 @ 02/29/12 05:31 PM
Shouldn't the base runner in Video #7 be standing OUTSIDE of the base path? As in Foul Territory? That way if he was to be hit by a line drive it would be foul and not an out.

# 4 Gagnon39 @ 02/29/12 05:36 PM
Can't wait for this game!

# 5 mikemck09 @ 02/29/12 05:37 PM
Hype Score for this game should be a 10/10! IMHO... Game looks so legit...

# 6 PsychoBulk @ 02/29/12 05:41 PM
Loving no.1 - no more silly pump fakes when an urgent throw is required!

# 7 19 @ 02/29/12 06:30 PM
Loving these videos so far.... keep 'em coming.

# 8 adam42381 @ 02/29/12 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GibsonD90
Shouldn't the base runner in Video #7 be standing OUTSIDE of the base path? As in Foul Territory? That way if he was to be hit by a line drive it would be foul and not an out.
Yep. Runners on third never stand on the line. They're taught to stand a foot or so outside the line for the very reason you mentioned.

# 9 N51_rob @ 02/29/12 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Or patting the ball in the glove while a speedy runner is tearing down the base paths.

# 10 catch212 @ 02/29/12 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
Very nice videos.

One question though. Who is the player that is at 3B on the "out of position" video? Is that Beckham? I thought he was a middle infielder.

My concern is that while a player may be out of his normal position, a 2B or a SS wouldn't screw up a grounder just because he's positioned at 3rd.
I'll assume he would make the routine plays, but that was a really tough play even for a 3b. Therefore, he wasn't able to get there.

I think this is so much better than past games where I could play Manny at shortstop if I wanted. Now if we could just get outfielder range integrated...

# 11 AUTiger1 @ 02/29/12 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catch212
I'll assume he would make the routine plays, but that was a really tough play even for a 3b. Therefore, he wasn't able to get there.

I think this is so much better than past games where I could play Manny at shortstop if I wanted. Now if we could just get outfielder range integrated...
But that was Gordon Beckham who has played plenty of 3B in college and professional career.

# 12 GibsonD90 @ 02/29/12 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam42381
Yep. Runners on third never stand on the line. They're taught to stand a foot or so outside the line for the very reason you mentioned.
Yeah, just mentioning it because I was taught it a few years ago playing ball. Wonder why it isn't in the game..

# 13 zerex41 @ 02/29/12 07:39 PM
i really want to see a video on the ball tailing away from the outfielders

# 14 ethnanm @ 02/29/12 09:11 PM
This is also part of the Vita's gameplay features, correct?

# 15 gator3guy @ 02/29/12 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
My roommate used to make fun of me because of my reaction to what the infielder would do on slow rollers. Hopefully it's fixed on all accounts.

# 16 DJ @ 02/29/12 09:37 PM
Looks great. I'd like to see a shot to the OF and how the ball (and fielder) reacts after hitting the wall.

# 17 Majingir @ 02/29/12 09:53 PM
#5 and 7 are real good(especially 5. I hated how the guys took forever to get a ball like that, most times I let up infield hits cause of it)

Don't get #6 or 8 though.

# 18 Darren K @ 02/29/12 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerex41
i really want to see a video on the ball tailing away from the outfielders
Most definitely. For me, this was one aspect that has been remarkably absent in previous versions, and was the main thing I was wanting to see when they mentioned better ball physics would be introduced, and it has been stated that this is now included. There were a lot of would-be doubles that went by the wayside in the past.

And I agree with a couple of others regarding the 3B runner in #7 standing in the field of play. Should be titled "lack of base runner awareness." Most of the rest certainly looks good, though.

# 19 jmik58 @ 02/29/12 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catch212

I agree that wasn't a routine play for the 3B, but the point of the video was to show off how players "out of position" will struggle. A SS or 2B playing at 3B shouldn't struggle picking up a ground ball just because they're fielding it from 3B.

# 20 Skyboxer @ 03/01/12 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
I agree that wasn't a routine play for the 3B, but the point of the video was to show off how players "out of position" will struggle. A SS or 2B playing at 3B shouldn't struggle picking up a ground ball just because they're fielding it from 3B.
Fielding a ball at 3b is a totally different beast than fielding a ball in the middle. And like what was said earlier it wasn't exactly a routine ball.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.