Home
News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 garyjr33 @ 02/29/12 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriolesmagic
Not sure if anyone has noticed this yet but, has the game switched to a Numbers-Based ranking system? (See the top right of each card)
I did see that. I am assuming it is just for Diamond Dynasty. They still have the bars everywhere else. Unless, they have the bars AND the numbers for Franchise mode and what not. I would be very surprised if the number rankings were anywhere else besides in DD though.

# 22 JKorbini @ 02/29/12 10:04 PM
Do we know which stadiums we can use as our home stadium is it minor leagues or spring training or only MLB stadiums?

# 23 Garrett67 @ 02/29/12 10:05 PM
This is very reminiscent of Ultimate Team in FIFA. I love the idea of this as I love Ultimate Team in FIFA but I worry about what lengths people will go to in order to get coins (or whatever Sony uses).

If I'm not mistaken, FIFA UT was the biggest reason for accounts getting hacked. I hope this doesn't happen with this.

My question is this, are prices fixed or is it a market (again , like FIFA) where there is fluctuation in prices?

# 24 swanton @ 02/29/12 11:18 PM
Quick customizing question: Are we able to make scripts on our jerseys? I've just seen videos of the logo on one side. Just wondering if we can have the Team name or city scripted across the jersey.

# 25 pistolpete @ 02/29/12 11:22 PM
This mode looks complicated.

# 26 smokeyvol @ 03/01/12 04:59 AM
This thread is the icing on the cake for the game. Officially sold now! Can not wait to try Diamond Dynasty, however, there will a learning curve for it though. For me, combining this and RTTS is enough to keep my gaming attention for awhile.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

# 27 Russell_SCEA @ 03/01/12 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriolesmagic
Not sure if anyone has noticed this yet but, has the game switched to a Numbers-Based ranking system? (See the top right of each card)

You only see it for MLB players when they are in card form once they are activated you don't see it again.

# 28 jinc1019 @ 03/01/12 08:28 AM
I don't really see the appeal of this. In my opinion, they could have done the same amount of work and spent time developing a "CREATE A TEAM" mode for use in franchise, etc...or an "Expansion" mode where you enter the majors and have to go through the process of building a brand new organization...These would have been FAR BETTER options, in my opinion. I doubt this mode will have any staying power amongst serious users of this game. Sure, people are excited now...but in three months, I doubt many of you will be playing this mode. And in 2 weeks, all we will be seeing is complaints on the forum about how many glitches there are.

# 29 nemesis04 @ 03/01/12 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinc1019
I don't really see the appeal of this. In my opinion, they could have done the same amount of work and spent time developing a "CREATE A TEAM" mode for use in franchise, etc...or an "Expansion" mode where you enter the majors and have to go through the process of building a brand new organization...These would have been FAR BETTER options, in my opinion. I doubt this mode will have any staying power amongst serious users of this game. Sure, people are excited now...but in three months, I doubt many of you will be playing this mode. And in 2 weeks, all we will be seeing is complaints on the forum about how many glitches there are.
I think the attraction to a lot of people will be that it is a fast moving mode that is always evolving. It is set up in such a way where it will not allow it get stale.

# 30 thaSLAB @ 03/01/12 09:33 AM
Quote:
I must say, I really love your positive attitude!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

# 31 sink4ever @ 03/01/12 10:11 AM
Quote:
That's just, like, your opinion, dude.

I'm a serious user, and I'm planning on playing this. As a matter of fact, as someone who rarely, if ever, plays online, this is a nice compromise. I can progress through this without playing others online, but I have the choice to do so if/when I feel like it. And with the seasons so short and the constant turnover of players, it will a nice thing to play when I need a break from my franchises.

# 32 ripwalk @ 03/01/12 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sink4ever
That's just, like, your opinion, dude.

I'm a serious user, and I'm planning on playing this. As a matter of fact, as someone who rarely, if ever, plays online, this is a nice compromise. I can progress through this without playing others online, but I have the choice to do so if/when I feel like it. And with the seasons so short and the constant turnover of players, it will a nice thing to play when I need a break from my franchises.
Not sure if you fully understand the mode, but if you aren't playing online you can't do much in the way of progressing in the mode.

Correct me if I'm wrong anyone, but from what I gather, in offline you are playing real-life MLB teams and with the only benefit being the ability to be able to use their team stadium (although perhaps you get some budget from this as well).

I don't believe you play ranked games and move up/down the season leaderboards if you don't play online, and probably don't even have stats accumulate. So in essence, while the mode can be played somewhat offline, it is largely an online mode.

# 33 LastActionHero @ 03/01/12 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
I must say, I really love your positive attitude!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
He just crushed something that has been in developement for four years in 1 minute from behind his computer without even playing it haha! Gotta love the internet.

I can't wait to start my Diamond Douchebags team

# 34 Blzer @ 03/01/12 11:09 AM
This looks so enticing that the only reason I'm now looking to start a franchise mode is because I will have the Vita version of this game lol.

Does anyone know if Matty V. will say your team name at all? Like will they have an audio database of teams which he can say? Or will we just be called by our city or something?

Also, the ratio for fake players to MLB players is pretty high, so I see where the investment comes in... but it will still be sad to see them go haha. My only problem is my investment will be in editing the guys from their faces to everything else, so if I wanted to create myself, for example, I would be spending hours on myself only to get him for so long before I have to say goodbye.

Ah well.

# 35 LastActionHero @ 03/01/12 11:16 AM
Same here, wish we could upload a pic and the game makes the face based on that picture. Ah maybe on the ps4

# 36 Perfect Zero @ 03/01/12 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Also, the ratio for fake players to MLB players is pretty high, so I see where the investment comes in... but it will still be sad to see them go haha. My only problem is my investment will be in editing the guys from their faces to everything else, so if I wanted to create myself, for example, I would be spending hours on myself only to get him for so long before I have to say goodbye.

Ah well.
Yeah, but you'll have forty games with these players. That is a great deal of time to have with at least the position players.

# 37 TLasorda @ 03/01/12 11:37 AM
My 2 cents on Diamond Dynasty:

Say what you will about it, but they finally gave the players the ability to customize their team. I think that's a breakthrough on the devs' part. I am looking to seeing what they can do for next year's game (i.e. user ability to create custom seasons, single/franchise mode with custom teams). The more I see from The Show's developers in terms of customization, the more I get excited. To me, The Show can deliver a complete baseball simulation experience than any other video game or text-based baseball game on the market.

# 38 JibJab 24 @ 03/01/12 11:37 AM
The more I see and read of this mode, the more intriguing it sounds. Looking forward to trying this new mode out next week!

# 39 sydrogerdavid @ 03/01/12 11:55 AM
Just put a plug-in on Uni Watch about the uniform and logo creator in Diamond Dynasty.

# 40 BaylorBearBryant @ 03/01/12 12:03 PM
It's like HUT. I'm not interested.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.