Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

New York Knicks’ point guard Jeremy Lin was a relative unknown when the NBA season tipped off. Now, unless you have been living in Biosphere2 or on the International Space Station for the last month, you know who he is – and you are probably Lincapable of turning on EPSN without hearing about him.

Read More - 2K's Response to Linsanity

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 BEARYChi @ 03/03/12 01:08 PM
His Ball security should stay below 75.

# 2 Gramps91 @ 03/03/12 01:24 PM
I think his offenseive awareness is somewhat high, the rest of the ratings seem pretty good though.

# 3 PH1LLYSFINEST13 @ 03/03/12 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEARYChi
His Ball security should stay below 75.
THIS. The man turns the ball over....A lot

# 4 mellamoaaron @ 03/03/12 01:27 PM
LMAO did someone say that Lin is not quick? Lin is one of the quickest PGs in the league right now and his ball handling is pretty good, it's just his passing in the lane that has been his achilles heel, which will get better as the season progresses. Good job, 2K!

# 5 tril @ 03/03/12 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonsdream
so whats reason for 91 quickness and 78 ball control? he leads the league in turnovers and IS NOT as quick as jamal crawford or dwade. they just want to pacify the kids who flood twitter with lin upgrade request.
true but thats a smart move on 2k's part.!!!
personally I believe his ball security should be bewteen 65 and 70. anything higher, nope.

# 6 hesko @ 03/03/12 01:58 PM
just edit it to your liking.

# 7 Boltman @ 03/03/12 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesko
just edit it to your liking.
Exactly that ^

# 8 Goblowsoup @ 03/03/12 02:46 PM
As a Knicks fan I think Lin is rated just about right. He's not as quick as they say though, and overall I think Iman Shumpert is a better player with more long term potential (which I believe should be reflected in the game). His early season injury is the only thing that has set him back and the reason I think he's slightly behind Lin in most ratings. He'll be the athletic guard that can shift between the 1 and 2. The team has got a lot of depth when they are healthy.

# 9 tril @ 03/03/12 02:55 PM
Quote:
its not good to upgrade based on fans starvign for one . player on court play is the only thing that should determine ratings. 2k is turning into a joke when it comes to accurate ratings. We need afeature like nba live has where statistics determine rating instead of fans.
its for the pick up and play casuals, and young guns. why do it any other way!!
its a known fact that most sim ballers will take the time to edit certain players or download what they deem to be accurate rosters. and last time I checked there were more casual gamers than hard core sim players.
In addition with all the ratings adjustmenst folks tend to forget a key componenet to these ratings and that's consistency. Lin may have a higher rated jumper than say "Shooter B", but I would say that is safe to say that " shooter B" consistancy rating could be higher. meaning Shooter B, will eventually hit the jumper more often than Lin.

# 10 Jadakiss88 @ 03/03/12 04:19 PM
You guys do realize his turnovers are starting to drop since Melo came back and BD and JR Smith are contributing of the bench. Before that he was forced to do alot of things on his own, he forced alot drives even though he blew by quite a few point guards in the league. In D'Antone's offense the point guard is the key to success and when you have no help other than a center that needs to stay around the basket and not a huge offensive threat turnover's will be made.

Also, when he was turning the ball over huge (outside the Miami game) he was averaging 40+ minutes a game and he was still learning. It's not like he faced a bunch of top level talent up to this point, hell he was almost cut again before the Knick point guards started to get injured. Keep watching the kid is getting better every game and while he might not be a top 10 point guard right now, if Melo, Amare, Chandler, JR, Fields, and BD all do there job he will only get better. You will start to see his Assist go up and his turnover's go down. Fan's aren't demanding they up his ratings he deserves all his ratings and probably is underrated in certain aspect like 3 point shooting. The kid might not be a sniper from deep but when he shots it he knocks it down.

# 11 KensaiKatai @ 03/03/12 04:19 PM
he's still underrated. he had 19 points 13 assists 5 rebounds and ONE turnover his last game so he's obviously adapting to the increased pressure he's facing... not to mention how they are hacking him a lot more now. Time will tell but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him at low to mid 80s when the dust settles this season.

# 12 PackerBacker123 @ 03/03/12 04:20 PM
nobody could LINestimate how good the Linicks got after Linsanity.

sorry tired my best

# 13 nuckles2k2 @ 03/03/12 04:29 PM
Quote:
so whats reason for 91 quickness and 78 ball control? he leads the league in turnovers and IS NOT as quick as jamal crawford or dwade. they just want to pacify the kids who flood twitter with lin upgrade request.
I'm not saying I agree with all of his ratings, since the rosters I use have him rated a little lower, but just for educational purposes:

http://thebamboxscore.com/2012/02/29/more-linsights/

Dude is a legit athlete.

# 14 Slava Medvadenko @ 03/03/12 06:44 PM
I've seen all his games since he broke out against NJ and the ratings seem right to me. If he averages over 18 and 8 as a starter over 30 games he should go up to somewhere in the 80s. To this guy below: notice I said IF.

# 15 thetrueBROSKY @ 03/03/12 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerBacker123
nobody could LINestimate how good the Linicks got after Linsanity.

sorry tired my best
iknow you tried your best, but estimate has no "in" in estimate. LOL
just because people like the guy and vote for him, doesnt mean his rating should be that high. to have off. awareness that high, you're talking top 5 pg range.
and @Slava, he has not played in over 30 games this season, he really only played during this breakout. he should be at 75-78 range.

# 16 basketballfreak24 @ 03/04/12 12:07 AM
i know alot of people let ESPN program their thinking but against NY opponents online(there's been alot of them lately), Guys who start Shumpert at PG give me alot more problems because of his strength and finishing ability. Lin is nice for onball steals but everything else seems average to me. i dont have to double Lin but sometimes i have to send 2 guys at Shumpert while he has Melo and Smith on the wings which is deadly. dont get it twisted though. Miami still the best team in the game even though i dont run with the top 5 teams.

# 17 Noof @ 03/04/12 07:06 AM
They also released his jersey as an avatar item. They only have one for each team but they made an exception for him.

# 18 Blak_Baki_Hanma @ 03/04/12 08:32 AM
This is only more evidence that 2k knows nothing of actual basketball... I stopped playing this game altogether. It's the same 3pt shooting contest it's always been.

Why improve ball security and passing for the worst turnover machine in the league? Hell, IN LEAGUE HISTORY.... 1 + 1 still equals 2, right? Jeremy Lin, himself, said he felt like "HE COULDN'T EVEN DRIBBLE THE BALL" after he got exposed by the Heat.

A QUARTER OF A BILLION DOLLARS IN RETAIL SALES AND WE CAN'T GET REGULAR UPDATES????

GTFOH.

# 19 beast10 @ 03/04/12 03:08 PM
You guys are taking Jeremy Lin way to far. He's good and he's proven it. And your saying just edit his tendencies and he will play like himself. It's like saying make Lebron James a 65 and he will play right. So just edit him on your own roster and stop making such a big dal

# 20 foofighter2455 @ 03/04/12 03:19 PM
It's a bigger deal for those who play online. Online players are at the mercy of the stupid updates like this that follow a wave of influence rather than concrete evidence all the time.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.