Home
Tiger 13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Got this from EA this morning in our inbox, full details of the Masters Collector's Edition:

Quote:
"Are you looking for the most immersive Masters Tournament experience? With Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13: The Masters Collector’s Edition you can take your Masters Tournament experience to the next level! Play Augusta National Golf Club’s famed Par 3 Course, experience an authentic Green Jacket Presentation, perfect your skills on Augusta National’s world-class Tournament Practice Facility, walk the hallowed grounds of Augusta National Golf Club like never before, unlock exclusive pro shop items, as well as receive five additional championship PDLC courses!

The five additional championship courses include:
1. PGA National Course
2. Pinehurst Resort (No. 2 Course)
3. Oakmont
4. The Old White TPC (formerly Greenbrier)
5. Straits Course at Whistling Straits

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13: The Masters Collector’s Edition will be available for $69.99."

What do you think? Is it worth the extra $10 price of entry?

Game: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 10 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 garyjr33 @ 03/05/12 01:13 PM
Worth it, mostly for the extra courses.

# 2 MrArlingtonBeach @ 03/05/12 01:43 PM
Worth it, especially if preordered from Amazon. You get a $10 credit toward a future purchase there, making it essentially the same cost as the retail price for the regular version.

# 3 lnin0 @ 03/05/12 01:48 PM
I haven't bought a TW game in a while so $10 for 5 extra championship courses seems like a good deal. Don't know what the DLC courses normally run. Also hoping the additional Par 3 course will be good fun on the Kinect.

Thought it was an interesting idea how they said coins you earn during gameplay can be traded for rounds on DLC courses you haven't purchased so that may be an alternative for those not wanting to pay for additional courses. As long as the coin converstion rate is not to ridiculous.

# 4 Santino @ 03/05/12 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
Worth it, especially if preordered from Amazon. You get a $10 credit toward a future purchase there, making it essentially the same cost as the retail price for the regular version.
I think I'll go this route. I wanted the bonus course from GameStop but with release day shipping, it's almost $80.

# 5 Lieutenant Dan @ 03/05/12 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
This exactly. The credit makes this a good value.

I was kind of on the fence for this year's installment too, but I'll likely cave. I've played the hell out of 11 with about 120 rounds, and 12 with 170+ rounds. More than my money's worth!

# 6 N51_rob @ 03/05/12 04:03 PM
I am thinking about getting this with amazon. I skipped last years version, even though I was really excited about Augusta National being a part of the game finally. With the Amazon deal, this is almost sure buy for me.

# 7 kickingguru @ 03/05/12 05:19 PM
Worth it... I pre-ordered at Gamestop as well so getting the extra goodies... In the grand scheme of things... $10 more for the game and getting 6 additional courses (Augusta Par 3 included) as well as the Practice facility is not too terrible....

I have never concerned myself with Career play except if it was the quickest way to level up my CAG... Once finished... it was off to online play exclusively.... This year may pay a little more attention to it as it may rack up some nice coin bonuses.....

# 8 Lieutenant Dan @ 03/05/12 05:24 PM
Haha, caved. Went ahead and finally placed my Amazon preorder for the Collector's Edition.

It'll get played. A LOT.

# 9 Rules @ 03/05/12 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
Haha, caved. Went ahead and finally placed my Amazon preorder for the Collector's Edition.

It'll get played. A LOT.
Same here, can't go wrong. The game looks amazing.

# 10 supermanemblem @ 03/05/12 11:03 PM
This idea got booed by the mod on EA forums, but I would like a course editor so I could recreate local courses I play regularly. Something like with ModNation Racers where we could share them with the world. It would increase the playback value and allow for some interesting fantasy setups. I'd drop an extra dime for it as well.

# 11 DivotMaker @ 03/05/12 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanemblem
This idea got booed by the mod on EA forums, but I would like a course editor so I could recreate local courses I play regularly. Something like with ModNation Racers where we could share them with the world. It would increase the playback value and allow for some interesting fantasy setups. I'd drop an extra dime for it as well.
The idea was not "booed" by anyone. The Mod was probably giving you reasons why a course editor is not in the game. A decent course designer that would be able to create courses like what are in the game would be really difficult considering the tools they currently use and the licensing costs of those tools which would add significantly to the cost of the game. If demand ever gets great enough for EA to build a course editor and if we ever get consoles that fully support a keyboard, mouse, and hard drives, then a course editor is a possibility. You simply cannot build a Golf course with the detail that is in the current 360/PS3 courses without the kind of control you get with a mouse and keyboard.

# 12 supermanemblem @ 03/06/12 09:28 AM
@divot. Can't = Can Always Never Try. That's what losers say. It is possible, but EA won't make it happen because they can't see the forest for the trees. And they wonder why none of their games have replay value.

# 13 DivotMaker @ 03/06/12 10:49 AM
Show me a single Golf game being produced today that has a course editor in it and that game is commercially successful? The market is just not there to invest in a course editor in my opinion. EA asks users all the time about it and the feedback is lukewarm at best. If that is being a "loser", then so be it.

# 14 Retropyro @ 03/08/12 06:57 PM
Haven't bought a TW's game since TW PGA 2004. I think this is the year I get back into virtual golf.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.