Home
Tiger 13 News Post

The Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 demo is available now for 360, later today on PS3. Play a few holes and let us know what you think.

Full press release below.

TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 13 DEMO NOW AVAILABLE –
CREATE YOUR SHOT AT AUGUSTA NATIONAL GOLF CLUB!

Demo the All-New Swing Mechanic and Kinect for Xbox 360 Integration at Augusta National Golf Club and The Ocean Course at Kiawah Island Resort

March 6, 2012 – Kick off your golf season today by experiencing the all-new swing mechanic in the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 demo, now available on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3! Once again gamers have the opportunity to walk the hallowed grounds of Augusta National Golf Club and get a sneak peak at The Ocean Course at Kiawah Island Resort, host of the 2012 PGA Championship. Gamers get the opportunity to play holes 14, 15 and 16 at Augusta National Golf Club and the opening three holes from The Ocean Course at Kiawah Island Resort. As gamers take on these championship courses, they also can experience the most comprehensive swing mechanic revamp in franchise history, giving fans unprecedented swing control with Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 and allowing for more than 62 million shot combinations

The Xbox 360 version of the demo supports Kinect for Xbox 360 integration and is the first-ever voice-enabled and controller-free sports simulation game. Kinect tracks full body movements to create the most advanced virtual golf swing to date. Improved gameplay support for the PlayStation Move controller has also been added for the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 demo.

Get a head start on creating your own Online Country Club. Starting today, gamers can go to http://www.easports.com/countryclubs and create their own Country Club, customize the club logo and invite friends – all in preparation to gain quicker access to exclusive golf courses or compete against other club members for the coveted Club Championship once Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 ships!

Get a leg up on your competition. Everyone who downloads the demo receives a special Pin Pack that can be used to receive different types of boosts and gameplay enhancements in the full version* of Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13.

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 and Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13: The Masters Collector’s Edition goes on sale in North America on March 27 and worldwide on March 30, and is available on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 consoles. The Collector’s Edition provides fans with the ultimate Masters experience including exclusive access to Augusta National Golf Club’s Tournament practice facility, Augusta National’s famous Par 3 course, an authentic Green Jacket Presentation and it comes packed with five additional courses in addition to the courses that appear in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13.

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 will be participating in the EA SPORTS Season Ticket** program that provides four premium benefits for an annual fee of $24.99 or 2000 Microsoft Points. EA SPORTS Season Ticket subscribers will be provided full-game digital download of Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 three days before retail launch, a 20-percent discount on downloadable game content; free premium web content and membership recognition. EA SPORTS Season Ticket is available on PS3™ and Xbox 360 in North America, and Xbox 360 in Europe, Australia and New Zealand. For more information on the program – including subscription instructions, please visit http://www.easports.com/seasonticket.

To see additional information regarding Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 and Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13: The Masters Collector’s Edition visit http://www.easports.com/golf.

* INTERNET CONNECTION AND ORIGIN ACCOUNT (EA) REGISTRATION REQUIRED. YOU MUST BE 13+ TO REGISTER. EA ONLINE PRIVACY POLICY AND TERMS OF SERVICE CAN BE FOUND AT www.ea.com. THE SAME ORIGIN ACCOUNT MUST BE USED IN BOTH THE DEMO AND THE FULL PRODUCT IN ORDER TO RECEIVE BONUS.

** CONDITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS APPLY. SEE HTTP://WWW.EASPORTS.COM/SEASONTICKET FOR DETAILS.

Game: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 10 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 burter @ 03/24/12 03:28 PM
I must be missing something with the Kinect that others aren't, because it's annoying the hell out of me. I hate that for moving the aim shot you have to put your hands together to do it but I get why they did that. However I found that with my arms just hanging down on the side, after I call for an Aim shot, that sometimes the screen starts to move down instead of staying where the ball is suppose to land. Like I did aim shot for a putt and the screen moved all the way back to my golfer and I didn't put my hands together or anything.

Also anytime a menu comes up, since my hands are down, the screen menu starts moving like if I was holding the joystick down on the controller. Am I missing something? I got just way to frustrated by the 3rd hole. I was looking forward to getting this game. This was going to be my Kinect game of choice, but now idk. Can someone help me to maybe better handle how it goes? Kinect works great with the simplest of games, so maybe I'm just doing something wrong here.

# 122 DivotMaker @ 03/24/12 03:44 PM
Re-calibrate your Kinect. And you don't bring your hands together to aim, you do that to go to the swing. I'll agree it is a touch on the sensitive side though, especially in menus. I use the voice commands as much as possible while in game. See if re-calibrating and the voice commands help you any because I am finding the experience to be pretty good, but certainly not perfect.

# 123 burter @ 03/24/12 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Re-calibrate your Kinect. And you don't bring your hands together to aim, you do that to go to the swing. I'll agree it is a touch on the sensitive side though, especially in menus. I use the voice commands as much as possible while in game. See if re-calibrating and the voice commands help you any because I am finding the experience to be pretty good, but certainly not perfect.
Duh! (slap myself) It's close fist not hold your hands together! LOL, thanks man for pointing that out. When I read what you wrote I went back to the game and realized it said that, and not both hands together.

Now I figured out why it was going all over the place is because I had a fist closed when I was playing and junk and it was moving the aim shot and menus like crazy.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.