Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

EA Sports has updated their NCAA Football 13 website with a few tidbits of information. Details are shown below, along with release dates, when more information and details will be available.

Playbook #1: Sights & Sounds (More details released on April 2nd)
Revel in the pageantry of college football game days with NCAA Football 13. Featuring new team run-outs, mascots and pre-game traditions along with significantly enhanced audio and new trophy presentations, NCAA Football 13 will deliver the passion and excitement of college football to fans across the nation.

Playbook #2: Gameplay (More details released on April 17th)
With a new passing system that changes the way quarterbacks and receivers play and respond, combined with a new read and react defensive AI system, NCAA Football 13 delivers greater realism on the virtual gridiron.

Playbook #3: Dynasty (More details released on May 7th)
Game days come to life with mid-game updates featuring a new studio analyst, plus enhanced commentary from NCAA Football veterans Kirk Herbstreit and Brad Nessler. Recruiting now goes deeper than ever with the addition of dynamic grades and the ability to scout players. Plus, there are even more ways to interact with your Dynasty from the web.

Playbook #4: Heisman Challenge (More details released on May 28th)
There are familiar faces on the field in NCAA Football 13, which now features a selection of former Heisman Trophy winners. With the new Heisman Challenge mode, fans have the ability to utilize the skill set of a legendary Heisman Trophy winner in a quest to match his award-winning historical performances and win the Heisman trophy once again.

Playbook #5: Road to Glory (More details released on June 11th)
The experience of being a college football superstar is now even more exciting with a new feature in Road to Glory that allows players to see and feel the game differently during key moments, increasing on-field awareness and creating amazing opportunities.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 fcboiler87 @ 03/12/12 08:45 PM
I am most excited about the dynasty news. I need to hear something about the coaching carousel to bite, but the scouting system in recruiting is already biting at me to buy the game just for it.

Avoid hype machine... avoid...

avoid...

# 22 PantherBeast_OS @ 03/12/12 08:48 PM
Ok I'm glad they are finally working on the passing this year and trying to make it better. Also loving to hear that the Defense will be reading and reacting now. Hopefully that will take away the Super Linebacker and CB mirror imaging the WR route crap. But what concerns me is that there is no mention on wheather there will be better Dline/Oline interaction. New passing system doesn't mean nothing if my oline is allowing the AI D front four to get pass them and not give my QB time in the pocket. But overall I'm loving what I'm hearing so far. But like everyone else. I need to see video before deciding to buy it. I hope it turns out to be good this year. It is a wait and see game now.

# 23 NoDakHusker @ 03/12/12 08:50 PM
Looks promising, but that's easy to say when you have just 5 blurbs of hyped features.
I like that they have set dates for the release of the info.
I think Wazzu said it best, I'm cautiously optimistic.

# 24 GlennN @ 03/12/12 08:52 PM
No Vita version it appears?

# 25 PantherBeast_OS @ 03/12/12 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDakHusker
Looks promising, but that's easy to say when you have just 5 blurbs of hyped features.
I like that they have set dates for the release of the info.
I think Wazzu said it best, I'm cautiously optimistic.
Well NCAA12 wasn't that bad last year. Only thing that made me stop playing a month after I bought it was Super Linebackers, Ball Trajectory, CB Mirror imaging, Oline not holding blocks very long when it came to passing and running agaist the AI. But if that stuff gets improved greatly this year. Then I will be super happy and it will be a day one buy for me. But you are right. Been careful until I see video.

P.S. Plus the upside of NCAA13 for me this year is. That I still have the EA season pass. NCAA13 is included in on the pass. So I can play it 3 days before it comes out. So I will reserve at GS and then play is 3 days early to get a feel for it.

# 26 TracerBullet @ 03/12/12 09:00 PM
Scouting players should give recruiting a much needed boost. No more recruiting 4 and 5 stars to find out they are terrible at everything.

# 27 I3RIS3H @ 03/12/12 09:02 PM
After what EA threw at us last year I'll be waiting about a week to pick it up, although this sounds promising.

# 28 Reggie16 @ 03/12/12 09:05 PM
Evey year i get sucked in. i firs say im not going to buy it but i always do.

# 29 The_Wise_One @ 03/12/12 09:05 PM
The pictures in my head of these features.....

# 30 MelMan1486 @ 03/12/12 09:05 PM
I'm just crossing my fingers that they get the passing game along with the read and react defense right. For years I've been praying for an update on the passing game. Please please please get it right or moving in the right direction.

# 31 SageInfinite @ 03/12/12 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer

P.S. Plus the upside of NCAA13 for me this year is. That I still have the EA season pass. NCAA13 is included in on the pass. So I can play it 3 days before it comes out. So I will reserve at GS and then play is 3 days early to get a feel for it.
Yeah I'm actually glad I was dumb enough to buy that now. Get to test out NCAA 13 a few days earlier ain't bad. Maybe it can save me some money, I hope not though.

# 32 K0ZZ @ 03/12/12 09:14 PM
This is good, but I am worried about the legends mode and the whole run out things.

I realize there are people that will watch them, but I can say a majority of the people I talked to, ended up skipping them after a game or two.

I'm hoping trophy presentations involves not only end of season trophies but rivalry trophies, they need to bring them back. It's aesthetic, but it builds it up a little more hype. Presentation seriously though, could be huge for dynasty mode, if they actually bring up past games, past seasons statistics, rivalry games, bowl projections, conference discussions, a true key matchup break down, things commentators actually talk about.

On the field, there needs to be some strategy and such involved. Not just random plays having same odds irregardless of whats going on. If they want have scouting factor into coaching ratings, which progression should have some help from too.

Simple formula would just be for example a QB.

[(HC+OC)+FACILITIES] * modifier.

There needs to be variety in coaches. They need to overhaul progression to be a bit more streamlined, physical attributes such as speed should only gain a very few points tops except in rare cases, with mental and technique skills growing better over time. Freshman come in raw, a lot of them are physically capable when they come in, just not mentally or their technique is off. (Aside from some exceptions)

I don't need visual highlights of other games, but at least mention them especially if it impacts one of the teams playing. (I.E. a team in first just lost and one of the playing teams can take over that spot with a win)

I put $5 on NCAA the other day, if there isn't some serious improvements especially with things in regards to physics, how the game plays (X's and O's), the glitches and bugs and dynasty mode isn't changed, I'll probably just drop NCAA. I've never sold a NCAA game in October until 2012.

# 33 gharp14 @ 03/12/12 09:15 PM
not a bad start, but im hoping for some more gameplay additions. DOnt get me wrong, the passing needed an upgrade but they need to fix interactions and weight importance too. Dynasty recruiting looks really intriging and im all for presentation upgrades. Can't wait till 3 weeks!

# 34 PantherBeast_OS @ 03/12/12 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Yeah I'm actually glad I was dumb enough to buy that now. Get to test out NCAA 13 a few days earlier ain't bad. Maybe it can save me some money, I hope not though.

# 35 Sparkles @ 03/12/12 09:17 PM
a lot of these features sound really good to me. the dynasty and heisman thing sound the most interesting

# 36 SageInfinite @ 03/12/12 09:25 PM
Really hope they worked on the catch and throw animations as well as the O-line interaction.

# 37 PantherBeast_OS @ 03/12/12 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Really hope they worked on the catch and throw animations as well as the O-line interaction.
I agree totally. Oline pass/running blocking in ncaa12 was not all that good. You never had time in the pocket when it came to passing. I hope it is improved from this past year.

# 38 illwill10 @ 03/12/12 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
I agree totally. Oline pass/running blocking in ncaa12 was not all that good. You never had time in the pocket when it came to passing. I hope it is improved from this past year.
Agree.
Barely any time to pass and either stuffed run or super blocking(where there is a high chance of big run) on every run.
Was the main gameplay reason I stopped playing. You could get around Super LBs, but couldnt get around blocking. That along with CPU Playcalling logic, will be the deciding factor if I play it a long time.
I will pay attention when gameplay vids and official gameplay vids come out

# 39 m1ke_nyc @ 03/12/12 09:55 PM
new passing system, YES FINALLY

# 40 spit_bubble @ 03/12/12 09:57 PM
Sounds like it'll be well worth a rental!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.