Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

EA Sports has updated their NCAA Football 13 website with a few tidbits of information. Details are shown below, along with release dates, when more information and details will be available.

Playbook #1: Sights & Sounds (More details released on April 2nd)
Revel in the pageantry of college football game days with NCAA Football 13. Featuring new team run-outs, mascots and pre-game traditions along with significantly enhanced audio and new trophy presentations, NCAA Football 13 will deliver the passion and excitement of college football to fans across the nation.

Playbook #2: Gameplay (More details released on April 17th)
With a new passing system that changes the way quarterbacks and receivers play and respond, combined with a new read and react defensive AI system, NCAA Football 13 delivers greater realism on the virtual gridiron.

Playbook #3: Dynasty (More details released on May 7th)
Game days come to life with mid-game updates featuring a new studio analyst, plus enhanced commentary from NCAA Football veterans Kirk Herbstreit and Brad Nessler. Recruiting now goes deeper than ever with the addition of dynamic grades and the ability to scout players. Plus, there are even more ways to interact with your Dynasty from the web.

Playbook #4: Heisman Challenge (More details released on May 28th)
There are familiar faces on the field in NCAA Football 13, which now features a selection of former Heisman Trophy winners. With the new Heisman Challenge mode, fans have the ability to utilize the skill set of a legendary Heisman Trophy winner in a quest to match his award-winning historical performances and win the Heisman trophy once again.

Playbook #5: Road to Glory (More details released on June 11th)
The experience of being a college football superstar is now even more exciting with a new feature in Road to Glory that allows players to see and feel the game differently during key moments, increasing on-field awareness and creating amazing opportunities.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 PantherBeast_OS @ 03/12/12 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
new passing system, YES FINALLY
New passing system is good and all. But for it to be good it must work properly. Plus the Super Linebacker and CB Mirror imaging stuff needs to be gone. If not then the new passing system will not do much good. Hoping for the best and hoping it will work out well when it comes out.

# 42 cubsfan1913 @ 03/12/12 10:03 PM
im pretty sure they have been working on new team run outs for the past 3 years... correct?

# 43 illwill10 @ 03/12/12 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
New passing system is good and all. But for it to be good it must work properly. Plus the Super Linebacker and CB Mirror imaging stuff needs to be gone. If not then the new passing system will not do much good. Hoping for the best and hoping it will work out well when it comes out.
Hopefully the new read and react system on defense will do away with that.
If not, it wont matter how much they change it, it will still be flawed if I cant throw the ball over a defender or a CB doing the same exact thing as a CB

# 44 TDenverFan @ 03/12/12 10:10 PM
Glad to see a timeline. They never really told us when stuff would come out last year and it was annoying.

# 45 PantherBeast_OS @ 03/12/12 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Hopefully the new read and react system on defense will do away with that.
If not, it wont matter how much they change it, it will still be flawed if I cant throw the ball over a defender or a CB doing the same exact thing as a CB
Yep it all depends on the read and react defense works depends on if the new Passing system will be well worth the wait this year. All we can do it hope it works out correctly.

# 46 m1ke_nyc @ 03/12/12 10:16 PM
Quote:
hopefully the read and react defense is what adds that balance to make both wor well with each other and get rid of those nagging issues.

# 47 illwill10 @ 03/12/12 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
Glad to see a timeline. They never really told us when stuff would come out last year and it was annoying.
Exactly.
Last year, we were clueless. There would probably been a threads created saying "Should we be concerned that there isnt any info yet/in a while"
Im glad because I dont have to worry not only when a blog comes out, I know which one comes out.
I am curious to see if when the 1st picture gets released. I am not sure they might wait until the 1st blog to release. 11-12 didnt see much change to graphics(besides lighting and small things) and player models. I am good with the graphics, but I would like to see some changes in plsyer models

# 48 drewh06 @ 03/12/12 10:18 PM
All of these features sound like a good starting point.

Heisman feature could be really interesting, espescailly if they duplicate the time period that each player played in... for instance, '93 noles players/uniforms and other adjustments if you played as Charlie Ward...otherwise it just becomes Road to Glory with the player already created for you.

I'm assuming the players up for vote are the ones that will be playable...

# 49 PantherBeast_OS @ 03/12/12 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
Yea I'm glad they are doing the timeline this year for NCAA13. I'm not sure if they did it for NCAA12 last year. But the Madden Crew did it for Madden12 that is for sure. Hoping Madden crew will soon give us a timeline for Madden13. The hype has begun for NCAA13 and it will be the same for Madden13 as well.

# 50 illwill10 @ 03/12/12 10:20 PM
Quote:
Yep it all depends on the read and react defense works depends on if the new Passing system will be well worth the wait this year. All we can do it hope it works out correctly.
At least we will know in 5 weeks.

# 51 akacesfan @ 03/12/12 10:21 PM
Hopefully the new system means I won't get sacked on every other play.

# 52 Tyrant8RDFL @ 03/12/12 10:23 PM
Man I'm extremely curious to see what this new passing system is????

This is something worth looking forward to.

# 53 illwill10 @ 03/12/12 10:23 PM
Quote:
Yea I'm glad they are doing the timeline this year for NCAA13. I'm not sure if they did it for NCAA12 last year. But the Madden Crew did it for Madden12 that is for sure. Hoping Madden crew will soon give us a timeline for Madden13. The hype has begun for NCAA13 and it will be the same for Madden13 as well.
NCAA 12 didnt have a timeline.
I am not sure about Madden. It doesnt come out until 5 1/2 months. Probably after the Madden Cover Voting. 1st blog might come out around draft.

# 54 PantherBeast_OS @ 03/12/12 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
At least we will know in 5 weeks.
Well the blog atleast. Hoping for some video with the blog. Blog is fine. But video is more helpful to show how good the Passing system works. We will see tho.

# 55 SageInfinite @ 03/12/12 10:25 PM
Really hope the read and react defense comes with new animations and footwork. I don't want any sliding and warping. Would like to see some actual foot planting and technique.

# 56 HoundsOfHowl @ 03/12/12 10:30 PM
This makes me wish I could just speed up time...If all this works out I'll definitely put more playing time into 13, than I did 12

# 57 Gotmadskillzson @ 03/12/12 10:30 PM
Only thing that interested me was the new passing system and the read n react defense. Hopefully this means we can FINALLY control the trajectory of the pass. And hopefully the new read n react defense means play side DBs and OLBs won't warp into the back field as soon as you snap the ball on running plays AND that DBs won't run the WR route before the WR does.

Nothing ticked me off more then seeing a DB making the cut before the WR did. I also hope they improved the WRs to actually ATTACK the ball as well.

So April 17th can't come fast enough.

# 58 illwill10 @ 03/12/12 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Only thing that interested me was the new passing system and the read n react defense. Hopefully this means we can FINALLY control the trajectory of the pass. And hopefully the new read n react defense means play side DBs and OLBs won't warp into the back field as soon as you snap the ball on running plays AND that DBs won't run the WR route before the WR does.

Nothing ticked me off more then seeing a DB making the cut before the WR did. I also hope they improved the WRs to actually ATTACK the ball as well.

So April 17th can't come fast enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Really hope the read and react defense comes with new animations and footwork. I don't want any sliding and warping. Would like to see some actual foot planting and technique.
Hopefully it has something to do with players being able to turn on a dime and make plays not looking at the QB.
Nothing worse than seeing a slot CB covering a WR and picking off a pass behind him and he didnt even look for the ball. Unless they are in zone or "that good", a defender shouldnt be able to make plays without looking first

# 59 gogators @ 03/12/12 10:39 PM
They should add physics in the gameplay part. They would make a ton of people happy if it's included finally.

# 60 illwill10 @ 03/12/12 10:42 PM
Also Im curious with the mid-game update with "studio analyst". I would be more than okay with just a ticker.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.