Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

EA Sports has updated their NCAA Football 13 website with a few tidbits of information. Details are shown below, along with release dates, when more information and details will be available.

Playbook #1: Sights & Sounds (More details released on April 2nd)
Revel in the pageantry of college football game days with NCAA Football 13. Featuring new team run-outs, mascots and pre-game traditions along with significantly enhanced audio and new trophy presentations, NCAA Football 13 will deliver the passion and excitement of college football to fans across the nation.

Playbook #2: Gameplay (More details released on April 17th)
With a new passing system that changes the way quarterbacks and receivers play and respond, combined with a new read and react defensive AI system, NCAA Football 13 delivers greater realism on the virtual gridiron.

Playbook #3: Dynasty (More details released on May 7th)
Game days come to life with mid-game updates featuring a new studio analyst, plus enhanced commentary from NCAA Football veterans Kirk Herbstreit and Brad Nessler. Recruiting now goes deeper than ever with the addition of dynamic grades and the ability to scout players. Plus, there are even more ways to interact with your Dynasty from the web.

Playbook #4: Heisman Challenge (More details released on May 28th)
There are familiar faces on the field in NCAA Football 13, which now features a selection of former Heisman Trophy winners. With the new Heisman Challenge mode, fans have the ability to utilize the skill set of a legendary Heisman Trophy winner in a quest to match his award-winning historical performances and win the Heisman trophy once again.

Playbook #5: Road to Glory (More details released on June 11th)
The experience of being a college football superstar is now even more exciting with a new feature in Road to Glory that allows players to see and feel the game differently during key moments, increasing on-field awareness and creating amazing opportunities.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 roadman @ 03/13/12 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax

I'll say it again though, no mention of a physics system is disappointed but it's a feature I'd expect to see as a selling point to Madden, than the following year be brought out for NCAA.
I wouldn't get your hopes up this year for physics in Madden. At E3 last year, someone from the Madden team did an interview and said they know physics is a hot topic, but it would probably be something that is addressed in the near future.

# 122 K0ZZ @ 03/13/12 04:24 PM
The only reason I have any hopes for physics is because of Fifa and NHL having physics play to an extent in the engine. My hopes aren't too high because Tiburon has been playing status quo rather than being innovators. They are playing catch up to other franchises as far as I'm concerned. (Across other sports, obviously.)

The football games aren't horrible, but not where they should be in 2012/13

# 123 knighthawksfan @ 03/13/12 04:29 PM
i can't wait for this game too drop go hawkeyes in 2012!!!!!!!!!!!1

# 124 LionsFanNJ @ 03/13/12 04:34 PM
Realistically, the only physics i really see being implemented in EA's footballs games would be ball physics and how it reacts on bounces and to players.

That being said, it would need to eliminate that warp to and through the players and "force fields" around certain players (like kickers, watch a punt in replay) before it could be implemented right. Player physics isn't something i see them adding, and adding well in upcoming titles. I'd say at least until the 15/16 iterations the earliest, and by then i'm sure the follow up systems shall be released anyway.

Anyway i'm hoping video examples are provided in the gameplay blog. I'd like to see the passing game in action...with a user in control and the user in game camera. not a highlight vid. Also, video of the DT not ignoring his ratings and throwing away the OG's. That's a key point that stopped me playing originally.

# 125 BIG MONE88 @ 03/13/12 04:42 PM
Whoopie wake me when it's over....

# 126 K0ZZ @ 03/13/12 04:46 PM
Warping is an issue with the archaic engine, this is a last generation engine trying to optimize code on machinery that is leaps ahead of what the last generation held. Warping in the extent of catching and such is because the numbers of the simulation realize the player should be in position, the issue is the game can't produce the results visually which results in skipping / warping.

Unless they overhaul the engine, warping can only be fixed remotely cosmetically and even then, it would open up new issues. That's most likely why it hasn't been fixed. Suction blocking is a hitbox issue (at least I think) so that's why that could be fixed, incase anyone tries to bring it up.

I really hope 15 isn't the physics engine considering Backbreaker (the only thing I can commend them on) had the Euphoria engine backing it up, I know EA/Tiburon likes to keep things in house but they are lagging behind vastly. EA used to be a brand name, now it's turning into a mediocre listing. (Across all fringes of gaming, look at general anticipation for EA licensed games and you will see what I mean.)

# 127 eagskerfan @ 03/13/12 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chen_sc
last year the dev team said that 'college gameday' will be somehow integrated in ncaa 13, didn't they?
I don't see how game day can be incorporated when they still have Nessler in the commentary. Where is Mussberger and herbstreit in the booth? Where is the game day crew? Where is the "were coming to your city" song? This game has as little to do with espn game day college football saturdays as anything I've ever seen.

# 128 michigan21 @ 03/13/12 05:22 PM
I wont be impressed until I hear and see people who I respect review the game. They have to make physics and weight matter. I am doubtful they have corrected this. This is the same hype different year. This game on this platform should be so much further along then it is now.

# 129 sportzbro @ 03/13/12 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chen_sc
last year the dev team said that 'college gameday' will be somehow integrated in ncaa 13, didn't they?
Almost positive Ben said a College Gameday like crew was high on the list of things that didn't get in 12 and would be strongly considered for 13.

If the gameplay is still trash, none of this matters.

# 130 Watson @ 03/13/12 05:59 PM
You guys kill me. What's next?

"Yea, I've been asking for a Aston Martin, but what I REALLY wanted was an Maserati."

# 131 carnalnirvana @ 03/13/12 06:00 PM
the read and react has me intrigued, without a physics overhaul i dont see how it can work but april 17th will be a big day for my wallet....

they tried locomotion and we still see the warping and skipping so its going to be a big day for me to see how they are going to fix these issues.

no head tracking= fail

cant wait....

# 132 fsufan4423 @ 03/13/12 06:29 PM
No way I'm getting caught up in this hype. I've owned every NCAA football and traded in 2012. I never trade in games.

We have been promised everything under the sun, and yet this series has went totally down hill since nex gen. I really would love to have a game I would actually play, maybe one day I will.

# 133 KushNstien @ 03/13/12 06:37 PM
idc, will most likely get this game. im a fan of the ncaa series and i know EA did fail to fix things in the past. but to to honest if the transfer fail is fixed ill get it

# 134 DorianDonP @ 03/13/12 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger

"Yea, I've been asking for a Aston Martin, but what I REALLY wanted was an Maserati."
Poor analogy.

We've been asking for a car that works under the hood, looks nice on the outside, and is worth upgrading over the previous model. A car that compares favorably with the other cars on the market that give us what we want.

We're still waiting.

I'll continue with my believe it when I see it approach as these vague feature lists are revealed. You can see it as getting everything you ever wanted.

# 135 PowerofRed25 @ 03/13/12 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger

That implies the NCAA we get every year is an Aston Martin.

In reality, NCAA is a moped with a bent front tire that wobbles like crazy when you go over 15mph. Yeah, it can get us to work each day, but you don't feel comfortable driving it and you'd really prefer four wheels, doors, a windshield and the ability to go the speed limit without certain death.

We ("us guys") want a game in which all installed features work properly and that faithfully represents college football as we all know and love. That's not really asking a whole lot, is it?

# 136 Cardot @ 03/13/12 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
Warping is an issue with the archaic engine, this is a last generation engine trying to optimize code on machinery that is leaps ahead of what the last generation held. Warping in the extent of catching and such is because the numbers of the simulation realize the player should be in position, the issue is the game can't produce the results visually which results in skipping / warping.

Unless they overhaul the engine, warping can only be fixed remotely cosmetically and even then, it would open up new issues. That's most likely why it hasn't been fixed.
Good post. While I have no clue how the game is actually coded, this to me is a very plausible reason of the bizarre and aggrevating things we see while playing. The foundation it built upon older technology, so while you can throw a bandaid on there, it usually creates a new and negative side effect (as you mentioned).

# 137 Palo20 @ 03/13/12 08:45 PM
I wonder if read and react has something to do with the 3-4 defense since that's the general way it's played with two-gappers up front.

# 138 lhinds7 @ 03/13/12 10:00 PM
All aboard!!! Hype Train! Get on or get ran over!

But seriously, I look forward to the day when this comes out in July

# 139 michfan16 @ 03/13/12 11:13 PM
Really hope special teams get some love along with the passing system

# 140 jWILL253 @ 03/14/12 12:14 AM
I hope this new passing mechanic fixes defensive interference penalties...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.