Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

Everyone who follows NBA basketball, even casually, knows the name Dwight Howard and has been bombarded by trade rumors, even before the season started. NBA fans are all too aware of the on again/off again Howard trade talk. Will he or won't he? And if not Orlando, where will DH12 be playing after the trade deadline this season? Does Orlando keep him and risk letting him walk with no compensation? Today, we're gonna take a look at trading Dwight Howard in NBA 2K12. What does it take to trade for a franchise center in NBA 2K12?

Because of NBA2K's trade engine deficiencies, we are going to control all 30 teams within 2K12's franchise mode and try not to abuse the system. Instead of examining every possible trade, we're just gonna look at some of the rumored destinations for Howard. Also of note: we're using the player salaries and roster restrictions within NBA 2K12. Here we go, let's trade for Dwight Howard!

Read More - Trading Dwight Howard in NBA 2K12

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Boltman @ 03/13/12 02:12 PM
lol @ "one of Miami's Heatles".

# 2 JZoc1014 @ 03/13/12 06:53 PM
These scenarios are with force trade on right? because I tried trading for dwight as the nets and it always say there are no available trades when i do trade finder. I dont know about with other teams, but with the nets i am pretty sure force trade is necessary

# 3 NoLimits77 @ 03/13/12 07:22 PM
The first Lakers trade is definitely solid, and probably the most likely to happen in real life out of these. I tried thinking of a trade with Boston, one that would of course require Rondo from the Celtics, so here's what I came up with.

ORLANDO TRADES:
C Dwight Howard $18.09 mill
PG Jameer Nelson $8.60 mill
SG J.J. Redick $6.75 mill

BOSTON TRADES:
PG Rajon Rondo $10.06 mill
PF/C Kevin Garnett $21.25 mill
PF JaJaun Johnson $1.04 mill
BOS 2012 1st Round Pick

(I'm going by the salaries on ESPN.com)

This would result is starting lineups looking something like this...
CELTICS:
PG - Jameer Nelson
SG - Ray Allen
SF - Paul Pierce
PF - Brandon Bass
C - Dwight Howard
Bench (key players) - SF Mickael Pietrus, PF/C Chris Wilcox, C Jermaine O'Neal, PG Avery Bradley, SG J.J. Redick

MAGIC:
PG - Rajon Rondo
SG - Jason Richardson
SF - Hedo Turkoglu
PF - Ryan Anderson
C - Kevin Garnett
Bench - PG Chris Duhon, SG Von Wafer, PF Glen Davis, SF Quentin Richardson, C Earl Clark

I think this gives both teams a solid chance at making a deep run in the playoffs. It also reunites Howard and Nelson with Bass and Pietrus which should help with easing the new Magic players into the locker room. Garnett will fill some of the void for the Magic that Howard leaves but of course is no replacement. Garnett, even at his age, will bring some fire to the team for a year or two until the Magic find a franchise center. With Rondo, the Magic will have a top tier PG and could focus on drafting a center in the first round of the draft. Both teams are still getting old at their SF and SG positions, so nothing can really change there with a trade between these two teams. Boston gets J.J. Redick who could end up starting once Ray Allen retires, which will probably be soon. Boston will also send some young talent in JaJaun Johnson who could continue to learn under Garnett to become a good PF/C. Overall, I think Boston makes out better than the Magic, but I wouldn't feel it is a complete rip-off and it would also relieve Orlando of the burden of being pressured to trade Dwight Howard.

Maybe? I don't know, I'm not a GM, but what do you guys think?

# 4 Theschill38 @ 03/14/12 08:24 PM
I think Jameer Nelson is a terrible PG and Boston would be in the same boat as Orlando has been in the past few years. Richardson and Allen is a wash, and Pierce is of course better than Quentin, but no PG worth a damn is what orlando's problem is right now.

# 5 plumplylumpkin @ 03/15/12 11:58 AM
Lakers and the Nets the 2 possible landings of DH12

# 6 djwax90 @ 03/15/12 01:47 PM
D12 will be in Orlando until next year's trade deadline AT LEAST. This topic is officially moot. :]

# 7 mpt54 @ 03/18/12 04:34 PM
He can come to Cleveland

# 8 sportsfan7160 @ 03/18/12 08:01 PM
i traded for him. i was the cavs and had deandre jordan as my starting C and picked up roy hibbert as a free agent in the off season.

traded Jordan & Hibbert [salaries combined about 20mil] and 2013 1st round pick for D12 [sal around 20mil].

and i was using vtrcb's 2013 draft class so depending on how i do they could potentially end up with nerlens noel or shabazz muhammad

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.