05:52 AM - March 29, 2012 by Steve_OS
Check out the new UEFA Euro 2012 screenshots, right here.
EA Celebrates UEFA EURO 2012 With Exclusive Release of Officially Licensed Videogame
EA SPORTS UEFA EURO 2012 Digital Expansion Pack To FIFA Soccer 12Gives Fans The Best Way To Experience The Drama Of The Real-World Tournament
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. --(BUSINESS WIRE)--Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA) announced today that EA SPORTS™ will celebrate UEFA EURO 2012™ with the only officially licensed videogame of the 2012 European Football Championship which begins June 8 in Poland and Ukraine. EA SPORTS UEFA EURO 2012™ will be available as a paid digital expansion pack to fans who own EA SPORTS FIFA Soccer 12 on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system, and PC. The videogame will be available to fans beginning April 24, 2012.
EA SPORTS UEFA EURO 2012 recreates all the drama and excitement of the official tournament with all 53 UEFA member national teams, all eight official stadiums in the tournament, and all the pageantry and atmosphere of one of the largest and most-watched sporting events on the planet. Fans will be able to compete online* for national pride and glory as their favourite European country in the UEFA EURO 2012™ tournament against rival nations in the group stage, progress through the sudden victory knockout rounds, and ultimately compete for the chance to be crowned UEFA EURO 2012™ champion. Plus, a live service will drive real-life story lines from the UEFA EURO 2012™ qualifying campaign and during the tournament into the game, enabling fans to relive dramatic moments with challenges based on real-life matches. Challenges will enable fans to earn experience points and level up their EA SPORTS Football Club profile.
“This game will tap into the passion fans have for their national teams by capturing all of the national rivalries in-game, and re-creating all the emotion of the UEFA EURO 2012™ tournament,” said Producer Sebastian Enrique. “We are utilizing the best-playing FIFA Soccer videogame ever, driving live, digital content created from the biggest headlines from the tournament into the game, and offering an exclusive new mode that will challenge gamers in unique and compelling ways.”
The all-new Expedition Mode designed exclusively for UEFA EURO 2012 enables fans to build, manage and compete with a customized team against other European nations, crafting the perfect strategy for European domination. Fans will choose their favourite European player or FIFA Soccer 12 Virtual Pro to captain their customized team, win matches to earn better players from defeated nations, and then defeat the best nations to earn the best players in a campaign quest to defeat all 53 countries and complete the journey to conquer Europe.
UEFA EURO 2012 is developed by EA Canada in Burnaby, B.C. It is scheduled for release on April 24, 2012 in North America and Europe, and April 25 in other countries around the world. The manufacturer suggested retail price is $19.99, 1800 MS Points and 2,500 FIFA Points on PC. UEFA EURO 2012 is rated “E” for Everyone and PEGI 3+.
Lead your country to UEFA EURO 2012™ glory with the official and exclusive EA SPORTS™ FIFA 12 digital expansion pack. EA SPORTS UEFA EURO 2012™ recreates the passion and rivalry of the official tournament, enables players to relive dramatic moments from real-world matches, and challenges fans to build and manage their dream team to conquer Europe in the all-new Expedition mode.
Lead your country to UEFA EURO 2012™ glory with the official and exclusive FIFA 12 digital expansion pack. EA SPORTS UEFA EURO 2012™ recreates the passion and rivalry of the official tournament with all 53 UEFA member national teams, all eight official stadiums, and all the pageantry and atmosphere of one of the largest and most-watched sporting events on the planet. Compete as your favourite country in an authentic online tournament mode against rival nations in the group stage, progress through the knockout rounds, and ultimately compete for the chance to be crowned the UEFA EURO 2012™ champion. Real-world storylines will drive live content through EA SPORTS Football Club. Relive dramatic moments from qualifying and the tournament with challenges based on real-world matches. Plus, the all-new Expedition Mode designed exclusively for UEFA EURO 2012 enables fans to build, manage and compete with a customized squad against other European nations. Choose your favorite European player or FIFA 12 Virtual Pro to captain your customized team, win matches to earn better players from defeated nations, and unlock more powerful nations as you strategize the perfect plan to complete the journey to conquer Europe.
- Win UEFA EURO 2012™ — Compete with any of the 53 UEFA member national teams against rival nations in the official tournament and lead them to glory. Play in all 8 official stadiums that come to life with the pageantry and festivity of the real-world tournament in Poland-Ukraine.
- Play UEFA EURO 2012™ Online — Compete for national pride and glory in the UEFA EURO 2012™ online tournament. Play as your favourite European nation against rivals in the group stage through the knockout rounds for the chance to be crowned UEFA EURO 2012™ champion.
- EA SPORTS Football Club Challenges — A live service that drives real-world story lines into the game, enabling fans to relive moments from qualifying and the real-world tournament through scenario-based challenges. The live service will deliver challenges during UEFA EURO 2012™, giving fans the chance to change history. Challenges will enable fans to earn experience points and level up their EA SPORTS Football Club profile.
- Dominate Europe – Build, manage and compete with a customized squad against other European nations in the all-new Expedition Mode. Start with your favourite European player or FIFA 12 Virtual Pro as the captain, and then craft the perfect strategy for European domination. Earn better players from defeated nations as you travel the continent to build your squad. Unlock and then defeat the best nations to earn the best players in your campaign quest to defeat all 53 countries and complete the journey to conquer Europe.
- Spectacular Presentation: UEFA EURO 2012™ comes to life in spectacular fashion with all the emotion and pageantry of the official tournament, including all 8 official licensed stadia. The atmosphere comes to life with confetti cannons, streamers, flags and fireworks as if you were on the pitch in Poland or the Ukraine.
- Awarding-Winning Gameplay— UEFA EURO 2012™ is an expansion to the award-winning FIFA 12. The official videogame of UEFA EURO 2012™ is powered by the Player Impact Engine, and revolutionary gameplay innovations like Precision Dribbling, Tactical Defending, and Pro Player Intelligence.
Publisher: Electronic Arts Inc.
Developer: EA Canada
Street Date: April 24, 2012 (NA, EU)
Rating: “E” for everyone, PEGI 3+
Platforms: PLAYSTATION®3/ Xbox 360®, PC Digital Download
No of Online Players: 1-2
No of Offline Players: 1-7 (PS3); 1-4 (Xbox 360); 1-5 (PC)
Recommended Specs for FIFA 12 on PC: Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66 GHz or AMD Athlon II X2 245e or up. Main Memory: 2 GB (Win 7, Vista) 1GB for XP. Graphics Card: ATI Radeon™ HD 3600, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT, Intel’s Sandy Bridge (HD Graphics 2000) and Ivy Bridge (HD Graphics 3000)
DirectX® 9.0c Compatible 3D accelerated 256 MB video card or equivalent (must support Shader Model 3.0 or above) DirectX® 9.0c Compatible Sound Card
© 2012 Electronic Arts Inc. All Rights Reserved. The UEFA and EURO 2012 words, the UEFA EURO 2012 logo and slogans and the UEFA EURO trophy are protected by trade marks and/or copyright of UEFA. No use for commercial purposes may be made of such trade marks. Official FIFA licensed product. "© The FIFA Brand OLP Logo is a copyright and trademark of FIFA. All rights reserved." Manufactured under license by Electronic Arts Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
*INTERNET CONNECTION, Origin (EA) Account registration and FIFA 12 ONLINE PASS required for online play on Xbox 360 and PS3. INTERNET CONNECTION and Origin (EA) Account registration and required for PC. Must be 13+ to create an account.