Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

NCAA Football 13 Developers are now live with their webcast, featuring the sights and sounds of the game.

Follow this link to listen in. If you missed it, check out the archive here.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Dewiel @ 04/02/12 04:57 PM
FYI- You guys can view the webcast archive, the sights and sounds video, screens, and blogs all here right now: http://www.ea.com/ncaa-football/1/pl...hts-and-sounds

# 142 CcAaRrSsOoNn3 @ 04/02/12 05:00 PM
I see the ugly 1970 elbow pads are still in the game

# 143 Gotmadskillzson @ 04/02/12 05:05 PM
I watched the last 15 seconds of this clip at least 30 times now. Such a tease EA.......I hope the game play video be 15 minutes long, or at least 5 minutes long.

Also hope the runner doesn't automatically fall after he gets hit and does that spinning stumbling animation. I hope some players can put their hand on the ground and re-gain their balance and keep running up field.

# 144 Pokes404 @ 04/02/12 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith17
What's sad is that a lot of the misinformed don't realize those graphics are from NCAA 12 and that it's a WIP...most recent comment says, "looks like NCAA 12...(screw) EA we need a 2K football game".

One thing I noticed in that video: If you look at the top right corner at 0:35, the two animations (knocking over the lineman to tackling the QB) looks smooth, almost like it transitions directly into that. Kind of like real life. Overall from those samples movement/gameplay animations looks smoother, especially with the motion blur.
My only problem with that clip is that it pretty well cements my fears that nothing has been done to improve player movement and stress weight/momentum. After crashing into a blocker so hard that he knocks him over, how could a guy that big make a turn like that without planting his left foot or slowing down? You don't see him fighting his own momentum to cut back and sack the QB. He just turns on a dime.

# 145 SuperNoVa27 @ 04/02/12 05:16 PM
I really hope they have done something about the horridly small names on the jersey, It just distracts me from the game for some odd reason. Madden has it perfectly now.

# 146 Huskers4lif3 @ 04/02/12 05:25 PM
I am pumped for this game! Cant wait for the 17th.

# 147 sparkdawg777 @ 04/02/12 05:46 PM
I have to say I was very skeptical coming in to this year's game but after watching the webcast I am very excited in the direction the presentation is going in especially the audio team, it seems like they really get it. It may sound bad but I am easily drawn in from a great presentation (but equally turned off by bad gameplay). I always thought that the broadcast team needed to quit only reading scripts to sound more natural and it was great to hear that Brad and Kirk seemed to enjoy that more. The fact that Christian has only been working now for a few months just makes me excited what he and his team will be able to do after a few years.

Of course gameplay is most important so hopefully we will see some big time improvements there.

# 148 DIRRTY30 @ 04/02/12 06:18 PM
OK, since they went to Wisconsin to record stadium sounds and chants, I'm assuming the Eat Sh*t, F*ck You chant is in the game. Right? Right? I mean you can hear it really well if you watch a Wisconsin game on TV. Then the broadcasters try to talk over it. Though I'm pretty sure it is because of that that Bret Bielema and Barry Alvarez asked the students to clean up some of their chants lol.

# 149 DIRRTY30 @ 04/02/12 06:19 PM
Also, I really like this webcast format. They're showing off more than what was released in the preview trailers and articles.

# 150 mrprice33 @ 04/02/12 06:40 PM
If you're expecting major changes in player locomotion, you're going to be really disappointed. It's like 6 years deep in this cycle. Major changes to the mechanics won't come until NG most likely.

# 151 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/02/12 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
If you're expecting major changes in player locomotion, you're going to be really disappointed. It's like 6 years deep in this cycle. Major changes to the mechanics won't come until NG most likely.
Well we want know until the gameplay stream goes live on the 17th. Anything is possible.

# 152 SageInfinite @ 04/02/12 08:21 PM
Guess they didn't change the replay cameras or address post play pre play angles.

# 153 BruceAlmighty @ 04/02/12 08:28 PM
Another coat of polish on the brown gooeyness that is the game.

# 154 BenGerman @ 04/02/12 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
Im going to ask until I get a answer. Why no College Gameday?? I might be wrong but its a slim chance its in....

I remember them saying this last year "No, unfortunately we couldnt put college gameday in this year but its coming"
If it makes it in, it wouldn't have been under this anyway. I'm not sure why, but they have commentary and the new "studio analyst" listed under dynasty...

Quote:
Playbook #3: Dynasty (More details released on May 7th)
Game days come to life with mid-game updates featuring a new studio analyst, plus enhanced commentary from NCAA Football veterans Kirk Herbstreit and Brad Nessler. Recruiting now goes deeper than ever with the addition of dynamic grades and the ability to scout players. Plus, there are even more ways to interact with your Dynasty from the web.

# 155 J-Unit40 @ 04/02/12 09:07 PM
Well, college hoops ends in about 3 hours so my focus moves to college football. I like what I hear so far and look forward to the gameplay blog on 4/17. I am getting that NCAA hype buzz!!

I can't believe I just watched/listened to almost all of that. Lol. We are addicted to college football.

# 156 BobbyColtrane @ 04/02/12 09:26 PM
I just dont understand why the emphasize the things they do...

Play-by-play lighting changes, cheerleaders, these things matter not to a Jedi...

# 157 COACH WEBB @ 04/02/12 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
If it makes it in, it wouldn't have been under this anyway. I'm not sure why, but they have commentary and the new "studio analyst" listed under dynasty...
That analyst will be between Coach Holtz, Mark May, Rece Davis, or Chris Fowler. My gut says it will be Coach Holtz or Fowler.

# 158 mm boost @ 04/02/12 09:39 PM
I am willing to bet money it will be Rece Davis as the studio analyst. I would LOVE to hear his voice cutting in to let us know that an underdog team just upset the #1 team in the country with a blocked field goal, or a bomb hail mary for a touchdown as time expires to win. Gosh the possibilities!!

# 159 roadman @ 04/02/12 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyColtrane
I just dont understand why the emphasize the things they do...

Play-by-play lighting changes, cheerleaders, these things matter not to a Jedi...
They release little tidbits of info until release, this hasn't changed over the last 5 yrs or so. Plus, I really liked the second part, commentary and where they are going with it, so again:

To each their own.

Game play is in two weeks, stay tuned, if you want.

# 160 SageInfinite @ 04/02/12 10:27 PM
I'm usually pretty positive despite EA's track record, but damn besides the commentary talk, this did nothing for me. Hopefully more info changes that. I'm finally glad I got that EA sports season pass so I can try this game out.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.