Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Quote:
Blair Herter and Producer Ben Haumiller turns their attention to next season with an early look at NCAA Football 13, with its explosion of uniforms, second-generation High Dynamic Range lighting, and true-to-life stadium atmosphere.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 lionden_56 @ 04/04/12 02:45 PM
The sack they show over and over and over again is so discouraging. There is no way that ever actually happens in real life. He's off balance, yet turns a perfect 180 and drills the QB.

Other than the trophy animations, it looks like the exact same game as NCAA 12. If it didn't have the number 13 on it I would have never known.

# 2 BenGerman @ 04/04/12 02:47 PM
I know other people were harping on the little bit of game footage they gave us, but I think it looks a lot better. It just seems to flow. I guess we will know a lot more about that on the 17th.

# 3 BenGerman @ 04/04/12 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionden_56
The sack they show over and over and over again is so discouraging. There is no way that ever actually happens in real life. He's off balance, yet turns a perfect 180 and drills the QB.

Other than the trophy animations, it looks like the exact same game as NCAA 12. If it didn't have the number 13 on it I would have never known.
This I understand. Until EA adds some kind of weight/momentum detection, this game is just going to look and feel wrong.

# 4 brobamigo @ 04/04/12 02:53 PM
only way to fix ncaa is to get a complete new staff working on it and start from ground up at least gameplay wise...dont think we'll ever get a decent ncaa as long as haumiler is there

the devs for ncaa seem to worried about unis or the horrible excuses for entrances

# 5 Leon Sandcastle @ 04/04/12 02:53 PM
Looks like short socks rule college football in Ncaa 13'....

SCORE!!!!

# 6 stylee @ 04/04/12 02:55 PM
I think we've all probably just got our expectations wrong.

For EA, adding cheerleaders and chants IS making a new game.
A lot of us think that making movement realistic, or changing the core gameplay, etc, would be what constitutes a new game.

2 weeks on cheerleaders. THAT's the new game. New buttons in the passing game. THAT's the new game.

# 7 sportzbro @ 04/04/12 03:07 PM
Hopefully there are new cleats (I didn't see any).. like Madden did last year adding several types for each brand.

# 8 hurricanefootball4 @ 04/04/12 03:18 PM
There is one thing that I took away from this: the guy doing the interview has clearly never played NCAA Football.

# 9 SageInfinite @ 04/04/12 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionden_56

That sack is just disgusting. Definitely killed some of the hope I had, lol. Still waiting on the 17th though.

# 10 arobbi3 @ 04/04/12 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
That sack is just disgusting. Definitely killed some of the hope I had, lol. Still waiting on the 17th though.
The sack LOOKS bad, but that's the correct outcome of the play. The bullrush animation takes much longer than it should. He takes two steps more than he should after destroying the tackle. It is disappointing to see the animation continue the quick movements like that, but the play definitely should have ended with a sack.

# 11 Gotmadskillzson @ 04/04/12 04:24 PM
Sigh............All I know is they better have been blitzing in order for that read option running play to be blown up in the backfield like that. As soon as he got the ball he was creamed. Please don't tell me EA didn't fix that.

And what is with the DL doing a 180 degree turn on a DIME AGAIN to get the sack ? And also how come the QB didn't even attempt to run away or roll out ?

This is starting to look like another year of heavy roster edits to fix this game. Sigh..........

And FYI, motion blur don't appear to be making a difference at all. Is this another feature that is ONLY visible during a highlight reel ? Because I can't tell the difference between with it or without it.

# 12 stylee @ 04/04/12 04:24 PM
Could someone do a mashup of 2011-2012-and the little bit of 2013 gameplay and then have people guess which game is which?

# 13 da ThRONe @ 04/04/12 05:17 PM
It seems like every year I buy this game I play less and less(with the expection of 10 I didn't buy at all). 13 seems like more of the same not interested. Have been gone for awhile just peeked in and already I'm disappointed.

# 14 Phobia @ 04/04/12 05:35 PM
This is laughable bad. Honestly, not being biased or just talking noise. But literally this is horrible. Nothing is changing, it is the same rehashed interviews from last year, same fluff features being touted, and same marketing spin going on.

One thing I think we have all learned from dealing with EA and their football games. They care WAYYYY WAYYYY to much on "how the game looks" and the graphics. GET RID of that frigging mentality and FIX THE GAMEPLAY!

1) I don't care about new mascots
2) I don't care about 15 different uniform combinations
3) I don't care about dreads (AHHHOOHHHHH OMG I KNOW)
4) I don't care about sock length (Another shocker)
5) I don't care about seeing same entrances 100+ times

6) I CARE ABOUT GAMEPLAY!

Bottom line, fix that and you win me back as a consumer who will buy your product. Until then I will continue to hate the direction you have taken EA football this generation!!

Edit: See my signature below that won't be hard to accomplished this year

# 15 sportzbro @ 04/04/12 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGedden7
lmao people like you lmao
What is that supposed to mean, exactly? Since you're obviously new here, you probably don't know how much I love correct uniforms, new equipment, etc. It's all part of the game.

Seriously, people like you?

# 16 sportzbro @ 04/04/12 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
One thing I think we have all learned from dealing with EA and their football games. They care WAYYYY WAYYYY to much on "how the game looks" and the graphics. GET RID of that frigging mentality and FIX THE GAMEPLAY!
The thing is, I don't think they can really fix the gameplay so that's why they keep rehashing all this other stuff.

# 17 jWILL253 @ 04/04/12 05:56 PM
Don't mean to sound like a troll, but... it's the exact. Same. Game. As. Last year...

I'm done, yo...

# 18 WipeOut464 @ 04/04/12 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
There is one thing that I took away from this: the guy doing the interview has clearly never played NCAA Football.
No kidding. Keep that kid on the World of Warcraft interviews instead.

# 19 msuhockeycj @ 04/04/12 06:02 PM
It's also a huge joke that they claim they focused so much on jerseys when in the screenshots Michigan State is still in the wrong color green. They changed it like 4 years ago. Really?

# 20 SageInfinite @ 04/04/12 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
This is laughable bad. Honestly, not being biased or just talking noise. But literally this is horrible. Nothing is changing, it is the same rehashed interviews from last year, same fluff features being touted, and same marketing spin going on.

1) I don't care about new mascots
2) I don't care about 15 different uniform combinations
3) I don't care about dreads (AHHHOOHHHHH OMG I KNOW)
4) I don't care about sock length (Another shocker)
5) I don't care about seeing same entrances 100+ times

6) I CARE ABOUT GAMEPLAY!

Bottom line, fix that and you win me back as a consumer who will buy your product. Until then I will continue to hate the direction you have taken EA football this generation!!

Edit: See my signature below that won't be hard to accomplished this year
It's funny they care so much about how the game "looks" but not the way it animates, lol. That would enhance the "look" soo much more than some of the crap they think is cool.

« Previous1234567Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.