Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Quote:
Blair Herter and Producer Ben Haumiller turns their attention to next season with an early look at NCAA Football 13, with its explosion of uniforms, second-generation High Dynamic Range lighting, and true-to-life stadium atmosphere.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 mWolfe @ 04/05/12 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepitnappe9
You guys make me laugh. All you do is complain about a game that is not coming out for 3 months. Obviously, changes will be made. But don't come on this board, complaining about this and how you're not going to spend your precious $60 on it. EA has ZERO reason to make a perfect game that has every feature you want. Why would they do that? They would have no opportunity to improve this game for next year. There are a group of faithful fans out there that look forward to this game every year and have no problems shelling out money for it. If you really HATE this game the way you say, don't buy it. That is truly all EA will notice...
I can agree and disgree with you, but you do come off a little unrefined with your statement. Yes the best way to show a company is to not spend your money with them, but in a sense when people complain doesn't always nessarly means they hate the game. I for one will tell you after watching the absurd bull rush animation is still in the game rather than driving a lineman into the QB that I'm glad I will not be purchasing this game. It just means I get to spend more time with the ratings in NCAA 12 to really understand how the really work and affect game play.

You have to take in though we have been waiting since 2006 when NCAA 07 came out for a great simulation football game but have watched sports games like FIFA, PES, NBA 2k, NHL, and MLB makes strides, no not stirdes but greatly vast improvements in the simulation factor that football games have not. What makes it worse for us loyal football fans is NHL and FIFA are both EA titles and have surpassed their football games. So I see their venting not as hating but merely a disappointment in the fact EA has what the simulation football gaming community(including myself) is looking for but has yet to bring it to the football genre.

# 82 ODogg @ 04/05/12 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDAWG89
I too agree that there have been huge changes made, I wasn't implying that we are playing the exact same game every year, just that there are still things that have not been improved since those older games.
Ok, I misinterpreted what you meant then. However you and I both know a good number of people do honestly say in the forums that the game is the same now basically as it was 5 years ago and that's simply not true at all.

One other thing about complaints...I've been in these forums for a long time and for all the love that the older games on PS2 get, I do recall as much complaining about those games being mediocre back then, just like now. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Nostalgia improves a product in many ways.

Note, I'm not saying that the PS2 version didn't have things we don't have now. Of course they did. Nor am I saying those games were not better than today's games. That's debatable.

It's just funny that I think people tend to put those games up there so highly when, if you could go back and read the forums in the PS2 days you'd see it's the same then as it was now and there will always be people who simply can't stand EA football and constantly talk about how something else, an older game, another companys product or whatever is better. Why they keep wallowing in being miserable is odd to me.

# 83 ODogg @ 04/05/12 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mWolfe
You have to take in though we have been waiting since 2006 when NCAA 07 came out for a great simulation football game but have watched sports games like FIFA, PES, NBA 2k, NHL, and MLB makes strides, no not stirdes but greatly vast improvements in the simulation factor that football games have not. What makes it worse for us loyal football fans is NHL and FIFA are both EA titles and have surpassed their football games. So I see their venting not as hating but merely a disappointment in the fact EA has what the simulation football gaming community(including myself) is looking for but has yet to bring it to the football genre.
I agree there's nothing wrong with venting but when it becomes a hobby and you don't even purchase the game any longer or really have interest in it then it's gone from being harmless to being self-destructive, as well as simply serving to clutter up the community in a non-productive way.

Case in point, when Lbzrule used to come on here and show videos of what was wrong with the football games. That's productive and demonstrative of how to improve the game. We need and I think should desire those types of complaints in the community. Even asking for specific things like socks, equipment or whatnot may seem trivial but that is also very specific on how to improve the product.

On the flip side all of the folks who come here year in and year out just to trash every screen shot, overanalyze everything said in videos, just in-general trash the game, trash EA and bemoan the entire state of videogame football really just serve to dispirit and disenfranchise those who still have an interest in and enjoy actually playing the game.

On a side note I actually think it's quite rude and arrogant for folks here to criticize those who do enjoy and purchase the game. I've seen it many times here when someone says they enjoy the game and/or plan to buy it that someone will scream at them "You're part of the problem" or just in general imply you're some kind of sucker if you buy the game. As I said, if people think the game is worth $60 then that's their choice. If you really believe you can tell other people how they should spend their money then you're the one in the wrong, not the person who is making a personal choice about how to spend their hard earned cash.

If you are one of those people screaming at others to not buy the game or insulting others because they have said they plan to buy it then you really are a deluded narcissist IMO.

# 84 SageInfinite @ 04/05/12 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Ok, I misinterpreted what you meant then. However you and I both know a good number of people do honestly say in the forums that the game is the same now basically as it was 5 years ago and that's simply not true at all.

One other thing about complaints...I've been in these forums for a long time and for all the love that the older games on PS2 get, I do recall as much complaining about those games being mediocre back then, just like now. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Nostalgia improves a product in many ways.

Note, I'm not saying that the PS2 version didn't have things we don't have now. Of course they did. Nor am I saying those games were not better than today's games. That's debatable.

It's just funny that I think people tend to put those games up there so highly when, if you could go back and read the forums in the PS2 days you'd see it's the same then as it was now and there will always be people who simply can't stand EA football and constantly talk about how something else, an older game, another companys product or whatever is better. Why they keep wallowing in being miserable is odd to me.
I agree both current gen and previous gen have their negatives and positives. IMO Tiburon football has never been that realistic, it's just the movement last gen was so much better. I do think people are putting those old games on pedestals hoping the games would have built on those bases, instead EA chose to rebuild. Funny how people want them to do the same thing next gen, yet that is this current gens biggest problem.

# 85 LionsFanNJ @ 04/05/12 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhm_williams
Well see here is where I get confused, you say you want it like 2k? I loathe 2k games and would absolutely never buy NCAA Football again if were to play like 2K games.
You misunderstand me. I play the NBA 2K games the past few years until close to when the next iteration drops. I want to play NCAA like that. Usually I get annoyed with the issues after a few months and trade it in. Like last year with the DTs and other gripes with the passing. Its why I want to see the upcoming blog on that and hope that I don't see the DT issue anymore.

Read option gameplay as well. Though I think that's a coding issue with how blocking and the read/react works. That read option play didn't look good at all in these recent vids.

# 86 bh446066 @ 04/05/12 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
That sack is just disgusting. Definitely killed some of the hope I had, lol. Still waiting on the 17th though.
Is that sack supposed to be something new? I get those with my DT quite frequently

# 87 LionsFanNJ @ 04/05/12 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I am not expecting any big changes. I liked '12, but there were some aspects of Gameplay that kept me from playing it long term. That is why I am hoping the gameplay from the vid is just a early build. I plan on buying '13 day one, but if CPU PlayCalling, blocking, defense isnt improved, I dont see myself playing it past NBA 2k13
This is how I feel. I liked it well enough but the nagging issues grated on me eventually. Not to mention how buggy last year was.

# 88 Scrapps @ 04/05/12 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by t2jBird
We'll learn more in the coming weeks. Everything in NCAA football 13 so far has been a step in the right direction. I have to believe gameplay must follow that same trend, or else someone else would be getting that job.
You must be new to the NCAA series....

Step in the right direction towards, what exactly? Bettering the atmosphere, while the product on the field continues to stink like a steamy pile of panda excrement? For all i care, Regis Philbin and Nipsy Russell can do the lambada at midfield. If the gameplay continues to svck out loud, all this other atmosphere/fluff stuff is irrelevant.

# 89 PowerofRed25 @ 04/05/12 03:01 PM
As I've said before here, I'll buy the game as soon as I can, regardless of what new features are implemented. This is all there is and I love college football.

I got a lot of joy out of NCAA 12 but it took A LOT of work to make that happen. I guess my "complaints" with the NCAA series is that nothing operates correctly without work. The CPU plays incompetent on every default setting, features like custom playbooks (which I got EXTENSIVE use out of) never worked correctly, online dynasty suffered from transfer failed and other assorted issues, the tendency issue caused all sorts of problems. Nothing just worked.

I don't so much care what features EA puts in the game (although I have preferences), I just want the game to operate with extensive user editing/experimenting. I like to think that isn't too much to ask for.

# 90 BruceAlmighty @ 04/05/12 03:01 PM
The bull rush animation is down right awful. Do these devs ever watch actual football? Offensive linemen just don't get bowled the hell over like that. And when it does happen it's very rare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepitnappe9
You guys make me laugh. All you do is complain about a game that is not coming out for 3 months. Obviously, changes will be made. But don't come on this board, complaining about this and how you're not going to spend your precious $60 on it. EA has ZERO reason to make a perfect game that has every feature you want. Why would they do that? They would have no opportunity to improve this game for next year. There are a group of faithful fans out there that look forward to this game every year and have no problems shelling out money for it. If you really HATE this game the way you say, don't buy it. That is truly all EA will notice...
Things don't change between April and July. At this point they're polishing whatever they added "new" to this years game.

Only an idiot doesn't realize that the time of the year when the info is coming out is towards the end of the cycle. When what's being added or not is already pretty much in.

# 91 BruceAlmighty @ 04/05/12 03:10 PM
Not sure what other word I could substitute. It's just pure ignorance to proclaim that any big changes are going to be made in a 3 month span from the build they currently have. I just as well read posts like that as, "Video game development, how does it work?"

# 92 thisboy3 @ 04/05/12 03:10 PM
same bullrush animation that leaves a five foot wide hole for the running back to run through. excellent gameplay, excellent football ea sports. none of these guys look like they have ever touched a football before.

# 93 mWolfe @ 04/05/12 03:29 PM
Quote:
I agree there's nothing wrong with venting but when it becomes a hobby and you don't even purchase the game any longer or really have interest in it then it's gone from being harmless to being self-destructive, as well as simply serving to clutter up the community in a non-productive way.

Case in point, when Lbzrule used to come on here and show videos of what was wrong with the football games. That's productive and demonstrative of how to improve the game. We need and I think should desire those types of complaints in the community. Even asking for specific things like socks, equipment or whatnot may seem trivial but that is also very specific on how to improve the product.

On the flip side all of the folks who come here year in and year out just to trash every screen shot, overanalyze everything said in videos, just in-general trash the game, trash EA and bemoan the entire state of videogame football really just serve to dispirit and disenfranchise those who still have an interest in and enjoy actually playing the game.

On a side note I actually think it's quite rude and arrogant for folks here to criticize those who do enjoy and purchase the game. I've seen it many times here when someone says they enjoy the game and/or plan to buy it that someone will scream at them "You're part of the problem" or just in general imply you're some kind of sucker if you buy the game. As I said, if people think the game is worth $60 then that's their choice. If you really believe you can tell other people how they should spend their money then you're the one in the wrong, not the person who is making a personal choice about how to spend their hard earned cash.

If you are one of those people screaming at others to not buy the game or insulting others because they have said they plan to buy it then you really are a deluded narcissist IMO.
I can definitely agree. When your just complaining to complain then your part of the problem and no longer a solution, and I think telling people to not spend their money and then get mad is also wrong. Arguments over this and that, or it needs to be more real or it just needs more visuals will always happen.

We all know its early to tell how much the have changed, touched, tweaked and lighted, but its truly how you percieve the information given. This are just teaser videos to get the hype up but I have already noticed to much similarities to 12 but the real improvent I think people want to see will be the passing system, and how has it evolved to be better. I have not seen any rumors or hints of Oline or Dline being touched or WR and CB interactions being address but I guess will have to what and see.

I do think we need a specail place ODogg, and we might have one that I don't know about, set aside just for constructive videos. I see them on youtube but a majority aren't construtive just destructive, so that those who do purchase NCAA 13 can help EA identify certain problems that have escaped the Devs attention.

# 94 SteelerSpartan @ 04/05/12 04:20 PM
I posted this last year about how the pocket should be breaking down....

Quote:
****Give the Interior DTs and 3-4 DEs more of a Power Push animation and less of the completely coming free variety......Have em push the OL right back into the QB****

And let the ratings of the DL vs OL, like strength, determine the speed of the push
Note: In most cases the OL should always be getting pushed back a little

Heres an example:

Now the 4-3 DEs/3-4 OLBs need to shoot off the ball and get up the field fast taking away that immediate roll out out that so many people like to do in these games

That Bull Rush move in the vid should almost be completely removed in favor of an animation like that Haynesworth Play

# 95 Pokes404 @ 04/05/12 04:32 PM
Quote:

In my opinion, a lot of this stems from the fact that there aren't any other options out there. I think you would see more of the constructive criticism and less of the outright hate if there was another game or two out there. The problem is, for some of us, after not getting what we were wanting/expecting in the game for 5+ years and having no other real options, the frustration just builds to a point that it's easy to go from constructive criticism, to just throwing rocks.

I try to really watch myself in this regard. It'd be pretty clear to anyone who went back and read my recent posts how disappointed I am in this series, but I try to stay respectful of those who enjoy the game. I try to make sure that any complaining I do is followed up with examples, instead of just saying "gameplay sucks" and leaving it at that. However, I've definitely toed that line before.

I'm not trying to defend those people who just want to bash anything EA says and call people who like the game "idiots," but I would say that when EA bought the exclusive license and then followed up by producing games that (I think even those people who support the game would say) have fallen short of our expectations for this generation, they opened themselves to a larger degree of criticism and animosity than most.

# 96 illwill10 @ 04/05/12 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
This is how I feel. I liked it well enough but the nagging issues grated on me eventually. Not to mention how buggy last year was.
I could put up with most of the issues. But, when they are noticable and happen frequently, it is hard to overlook them. Some of the things could be worked around, but most arent.
I liked '12, but it got to the point where I couldnt play it anymore. The issues were gameplay. I could put up with bugs, lack of atmosphere/commentary, freezes. For the most part gameplay is playable, but some areas make it unplayable.

# 97 All-Vol @ 04/05/12 05:45 PM
I think it's pretty obvious they are going to stick with this game engine until the next gen consoles come along. Until then, be happy with the *cough* new exciting uniforms and if we're really lucky, dreds.

I've already played '11 for 2 solid years and it looks like another year is coming. Hell, I might get the 60 year dynasty achievement. At least I got my moneys worth out of that game.

# 98 Jr. @ 04/05/12 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
So according to this logic someone that didn't like Madden 07 because of non-optional QB vision, shouldn't have expected to enjoy Madden 08 where it could be turned off? Huh? lol

There are key things that I personally didn't like in EA football games last year, that kept me from finally being able to enjoy the two games the whole year. If any of these are addressed, I have a good chance of enjoying EA football this year, in spite of my lack of enjoyment last year.

Expecting to find more enjoyment from a game the next year because of the new things added and past things potentially improved, even if the enjoyment the year before was nonexistence, sounds reasonable to me.
You completely missed the point of my post. I was talking about people expecting an overhaul of an engine that's been around for over 10 years. The game does make changes every year, but the vast majority of them are pretty minor and don't completely change the gameplay. I actually really enjoyed the Vision Cone and was disappointed when they removed it, but I still have enjoyed the game since it was removed.

What specifically did you not enjoy from last year that, if improved or changed, would make you enjoy this year's game?

# 99 BIG MONE88 @ 04/05/12 10:56 PM
More of the EA hype machine wake up people. Stop being sheep boycott ncaa 13 until. They make real improvements.....

# 100 Sergeant Lowery @ 04/05/12 11:27 PM
Will there be nike combat on the demo

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.