Home
MLB 2K12 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Major League Baseball® 2K12’s Perfect Game Challenge Officially Underway

Eight finalists to compete for $1 million at live tournament in New York City

New York, NY – April 4, 2012 – 2K Sports today announced the start of Major League Baseball® 2K12’s $1 Million Perfect Game Challenge. Starting today, April 4, 2012, at 09:00:01 a.m. PST, players can begin their quest for baseball perfection in Major League Baseball 2K12 through the competition’s close on April 30, 2012, at 11: 59:59 p.m. PST. Eight finalists who achieve perfection will earn an all-expense-paid trip to New York City in May to compete in a live, single elimination tournament at the MLB FanCave to determine who walks away with the $1 million grand prize.

The eight finalists will be determined by a dynamic leaderboard ranking the ‘most perfect’ games thrown. 2K Sports will use an algorithm to rank individual perfect games based on degree of difficulty (such as the opposing team’s offensive prowess and selected pitcher’s skill) and degree of perfection (number of strikeouts, pitching efficiency). The top eight qualified gamers with ranked and verified perfect games achieved on Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network via the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft or PlayStation®Network via PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system will compete in the final tournament May 9-10 in New York City at the MLB FanCave.

Access to the $1 Million Perfect Game Challenge mode for eligible players is available on copies of MLB 2K12/NBA 2K12 Combo Pack in addition to stand-alone copies of Major League Baseball 2K12.

For complete rules on this year’s Perfect Game Challenge, please visit facebook.com/mlb2k.

Major League Baseball 2K12 is rated E for everyone by the ESRB and is now available.

2K Sports is a division of 2K, a wholly owned publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).

©MLBPA- Official Licensee, Major League Baseball Players Association. Visit the Players Choice on the web at, www.MLBPLAYERS.com.

Rules and Regulations

GAME MUST BE PLAYED ON Xbox 360 OR PlayStation®3 system. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 U.S. (D.C.), 13 OR OLDER (EXCLUDING AZ, CT, MD, ND, & VT). VOID IN AZ, CT, MD, ND, VT AND WHERE PROHIBITED. PERFECT GAME CHALLENGE QUALIFYING ROUND (“THE PERFECT CLUB”) BEGINS ON 4/4/12 AT 9:00:01 AM PT AND ENDS AT 11: 59:59 PM PT ON 4/30/12. PERFECT CLUB FINALISTS (IF ANY) WILL BE THE TOP 8 VERIFIED PERFECT GAMES IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE OFFICIAL RULES. PERFECT CLUB FINALISTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO COMPETE IN A TOURNAMENT FOR GRAND PRIZE. PERFECT CLUB FINALISTS AND GRAND PRIZE WINNER SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION. GRAND PRIZE WILL NOT BE AWARDED UNLESS AN ELIGIBLE ENTRANT THROWS A PERFECT GAME BY 4/30/12. SUBJECT TO THE OFFICIAL RULES LOCATED AT http://www.facebook.com/MLB2K?sk=app_224199570995365.

Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC takes no responsibility for this offer.

This content was not sponsored by Microsoft.

"PlayStation" is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.

Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies and are used under license from Microsoft.

All trademarks and copyrights contained herein are the property of their respective holders.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K12 Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 12 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 aykyle @ 04/04/12 11:20 PM
You should post the Check List or the link to 2ksports.com/perfectclub

But, thanks!

# 2 duhitsrandy @ 04/05/12 12:22 AM
just got one 7 2/3 innings with CC against the mets. that has to be one of the easiest matchups (lowest score) i would get but still. pretty close for my first game

# 3 RB10 @ 04/05/12 01:14 AM
Anyone know why certain states are prohibited from participation? Like Arizona?

# 4 aykyle @ 04/05/12 01:43 AM
It might have something to do with their gambling laws(yes I know, gambling. Might sound stupid but it isn't actually). Some laws don't allow wagering on even games of skill.
Since throwing a perfect game requires skill and winning the 8-man tournament requires skill. Some states like Arizona, Connecticut, Maryland, North Dakota and Vermont will simply not allow it. While there are other states that also prohibit wagering on games requiring skill, those states have the right to allow 2K to allow participants in their state to.. well, participate.

Correct me if I am wrong. But I am fairly positive that this is the reason why, if you do not understand: The above states don't allow gambling on games that require skill. And since you have paid for the game in some way, shape or form, it is considered "placing your bet"

# 5 duhitsrandy @ 04/05/12 01:48 AM
^^ thats actually exactly the reason. i find it funny they say 50 states and immediately say except blah blah blah though

# 6 MrHardRock @ 04/05/12 06:05 AM
So I pitched a perfect game a couple hours ago, got a Congrats screen with some codes I had to put in on the 2k website. After I entered it it said I had to wait 2 days to hear back from them so now its killing me. Anyone know what happens next? My perfect game score was 626. I'm treating you all to Red Lobster if I win the million! Hahahaha

# 7 Detroitfan4life1993 @ 04/05/12 10:29 AM
I had a perfect game going until the 7th and michael born leads the inning off with a bunt single.... this definitley isnt easy but im going to keep trying lol.

# 8 Behindshadows @ 04/05/12 12:19 PM
Yeah I played 5 games last night and always got hit on late in the game...And can't score for crap, with the swingstick...classic bat and I was knocking them out the park...I hate these rules, but I want my money..lmao!

Will play more tonight...........

# 9 Schreck @ 04/05/12 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHardRock
So I pitched a perfect game a couple hours ago, got a Congrats screen with some codes I had to put in on the 2k website. After I entered it it said I had to wait 2 days to hear back from them so now its killing me. Anyone know what happens next? My perfect game score was 626. I'm treating you all to Red Lobster if I win the million! Hahahaha
Uh, how'd you get CC Sabathia? The only actual game yesterday was between Miami and the Cards. I thought you had to use the set lineups for the actual games each day? Of course, when I tried to do that, they had the starters completely wrong anyway, was supposed to be Kyle Lohse vs Josh Johnson, instead it was Jake Westbrook vs. Ricky Nolasco. They are both awful, but I did get through 5 with Nolasco a few times. Anyway, I'm just curious if getting a perfect game with CC on a day he didn't actually pitch is going to do you any good, the rules specifically say that is not allowed.

# 10 duhitsrandy @ 04/05/12 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schreck
Uh, how'd you get CC Sabathia? The only actual game yesterday was between Miami and the Cards. I thought you had to use the set lineups for the actual games each day? Of course, when I tried to do that, they had the starters completely wrong anyway, was supposed to be Kyle Lohse vs Josh Johnson, instead it was Jake Westbrook vs. Ricky Nolasco. They are both awful, but I did get through 5 with Nolasco a few times. Anyway, I'm just curious if getting a perfect game with CC on a day he didn't actually pitch is going to do you any good, the rules specifically say that is not allowed.
the yankees mets spring training game was available last night. with the 2k million dollar challenge mode selectable. since they dont let you switch teams or anything once you pick the mode i assumed playing them even with the spring training stadium was ok, they had the opening day rosters.

# 11 Schreck @ 04/05/12 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duhitsrandy
the yankees mets spring training game was available last night. with the 2k million dollar challenge mode selectable. since they dont let you switch teams or anything once you pick the mode i assumed playing them even with the spring training stadium was ok, they had the opening day rosters.
Huh, that's weird. They had the right opening day rosters for a spring training game but not for the actual game that mattered? I love 2k, but geez . Oh well, that's not the gamer's fault, I'd have to think they would have to count it if they allowed it in the challenge mode, just doesn't make sense with the rules they put into place.

# 12 MrHardRock @ 04/05/12 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schreck
Who said I used him? Actually it was Jeremy Guthrie of the Rockies. I'm just curious what's supposed to happen next if anyone knows.

# 13 Schreck @ 04/05/12 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHardRock
Who said I used him? Actually it was Jeremy Guthrie of the Rockies. I'm just curious what's supposed to happen next if anyone knows.
Nobody, I was talking to the guy that said he used CC, even though he didn't get a perfect game I was just curious. The rules state that you're supposed to play regular season games with the actual players playing that day, but they had the spring training games up and apparently the little perfect game challenge logo shows up even when you pick those, so maybe they are usable. Just seems weird that they would be is all I'm saying. That's a 2k problem though, not yours or anybody else's that played it out.

# 14 therainmaker24 @ 04/05/12 03:37 PM
The interesting thing that some of the regular season games today have the wrong pitching match-ups.

Detroit didn't have Verlander pitching and Dodgers don't have Clayton Kershaw on the mound

# 15 lnin0 @ 04/05/12 08:49 PM
Wow - already 11 people on the leader board. Yankees #52 seems to have been crushing it.

# 16 aykyle @ 04/05/12 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
Wow - already 11 people on the leader board. Yankees #52 seems to have been crushing it.
What leaderboard are you talking about? The 2ksports.com/perfectclub leaderboard hasn't even been updated yet. It will be updated tomorrow probably. Or after they verify the first games. Don't see what you see.

# 17 AcesWild @ 04/07/12 09:15 PM
Threw a perfect game with Lincecum earlier today and got a 597. 2 Hours later ~> Lohse against the Brew Crew = 698. Hope it holds up in the top 8!

# 18 Iceman87GT @ 04/08/12 05:48 PM
DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT PAUSE THE GAME AT ANY POINT, this will lead to a disqualification. Just wrapped up a perfect a game with Holladay against the Pirates, 18 Ks in a 4-0 win, but because I tried to skip the commentators jinxing the situation in the 7th by pausing it my game won't count.

That is something that should be posted on the screen where you accept the challenge (not something you learn by reading the online rules), as its important to know that you can't pinch run, bat, or substitute defensively without voiding your performance.

I am not happy right now

# 19 Ltrain44 @ 04/09/12 11:08 AM
I was pumped when I saw we didn't have to video tape it this year. But then I saw its void in my state (Maryland). What a bummer

# 20 lnin0 @ 04/11/12 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcesWild
Threw a perfect game with Lincecum earlier today and got a 597. 2 Hours later ~> Lohse against the Brew Crew = 698. Hope it holds up in the top 8!
Looks like you have to be above 716 to get in the top 8 now. Do you happen to know what the pre-game rating for your two perfect gamers were? I am wondering if you can reach 700+ with a 60 rating or if you need something higher.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.