Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here. (Fast forward to roughly 12:55)
  • No more psychic DB's, DB's have to see the ball, before they can make a play on the ball
  • 25 different pass trajectory zones (Drop it over LB's, lead your receiver using left stick)
  • 20+ new dropbacks, including new screen play dropbacks
  • New rollout passing animations, will still be difficult to complete passes throwing against your body, as you will not have enough arm strength
  • Icons are dimmed out, until they are actually "ready" to make a catch
  • Available in stores July 10th

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Illustrator76 @ 04/13/12 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I liked everything I heard, but those animations
This, times 1,000. I am still very much skeptical after seeing that video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
Eh, still not really impressed. The animations look horribly robotic, and I see what people mean by the tackles look horrible. A lot of the tackles look like wrestling moves or something, where the guy just jumps out and lays his body into the other person and drops them to the ground. They aren't really wrap up tackles.

Also, at 1:05 and 1:15 the DB still runs the WR's route and turns around at the exact moment to pick or swat the ball down. Then later in the clip they said that they fixed this very issue and showing these same clips as if they are a thing of the past and no longer in the game when we just saw them earlier when they were talking about the QB throwing across their body. I'm a little confused by that.

That juke move looked like a backbreaker juke move...ie not good at all, very very robotic. But yes, the catching animations looked great and the back drops looked okay a little robotic.

Overall, I'm glad they worked on the pass trajectories which was greatly needed as well as the "awareness" of the defense. They just really really need to work on animations to make them look smooth and natural.
Again, agreed. Great post.

# 42 m1ke_nyc @ 04/13/12 08:02 AM
I like what I heard, yes animations still robotic but from what we learned if they get these things right this will be a fun game this year. This new passing system has so much potential if done right. And the read and react defense helps tons. HOWEVER there has to be something added defensively to balance out offense getting this boost, maybe thats what Madden is talking about with making defense fun again.

EDIT: biggest negative for me is still no proper foot planting, players are sliding all over the place and cutting on a dime.

# 43 Sparkles @ 04/13/12 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller937
i like what they are doin here... the animations look a little robotic though but its still looking better. the only thing i noticed that i still hate every year is the damn scoreboard at the bottom. fix the names, like ohio state should say OHIO ST not BUCKS...Florida State should say FLORIDA ST. get it right.
hopefully their just using that scoreboard as a cover up for what is actually going to be represented in the real game

# 44 mvb34 @ 04/13/12 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
Where is the DANG Pass interference for offensive and defensive players, what is the difference if u do these enhancements and no RISK/REWARD!!!!!!! Enough with the BS Already, where are the flags!!!!!
Perhaps this will be answered on Tuesday but how you expect that to be answered in a two minute clip when talking about passing features is beyond me!!

# 45 jmurphy31 @ 04/13/12 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller937
i like what they are doin here... the animations look a little robotic though but its still looking better. the only thing i noticed that i still hate every year is the damn scoreboard at the bottom. fix the names, like ohio state should say OHIO ST not BUCKS...Florida State should say FLORIDA ST. get it right.
I am pretty sure it has said Bucks in the past as well

# 46 mvb34 @ 04/13/12 08:20 AM
I wonder how the no psychic DB play going work with user vs user games.

# 47 TreyIM2 @ 04/13/12 08:21 AM
I remember Ian saying no more psychic DBs for Madden 10....Uhh....Anyway, hope this time it rings true for both fb games, this time around.

As for the other stuff with the passes, sounds good, I guess...Actually, it's whatever. I don't need the icons telling me who's open or not. Personally, I'm a pretty proficient passer and know how to chop up the secondary very, very well, WITHOUT icons lighting up to telling me "when" to pass. Hopefully, that can be turned off. That contributes to not learning how to make the right reads and helps those who just plain suck at passing and never learn how to get better, on their own.

# 48 jmurphy31 @ 04/13/12 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papi34
So how will the 25 trajectories thing work? Will we have any control of it or will it just depend on where the receiver is and who's around him?
According to the video, it will be controlled by the left stick. Not sure how they will get 25 out of the left stick, but my guess is that it will be a combination of both left stick and situation

# 49 BlueNGold @ 04/13/12 08:42 AM
Those animations are brutal to watch. That one juke in the flats by the RB....

That aside, it's been long overdue that the passing game gets an overhaul and I'm glad it's finally happening. Some of the things they've claimed to have fixed have been things that have aggravated me with NCAA and Madden for years.

# 50 Phobia @ 04/13/12 08:49 AM
I highly doubt the no physic DB's, it is happening in that video. There is several times the defender is looking at the WR only to magically turn around the moment the ball is near to pick it off.

Yet again another feature that will be marketed because they know it is what the public wants, yet it won't be delivered the way we all envision it.

All that video does is show me how HORRIBLE EA football looks in motion.

I sat down started watching the video, then I saw it in motion and was like

I don't buy into anything that was said, the game looks exactly like 10, 11, 12, and now 13 will look EXACTLY the same and play 99.9% the same also. YAAAAYYYYYY 60 bucks for same rehash we bought last year with stuff that should of been fixed in a patch!

# 51 darren1024 @ 04/13/12 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reco
that sure was short clip but good info! bama ranked #2 im excited!
Im almost positive they used the final rankings from this past season. Bama WONT be ranked preseason #2.

# 52 georgiafan @ 04/13/12 08:52 AM
Hopefully this meas more QB ratings

# 53 Phobia @ 04/13/12 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
Hopefully this meas more QB ratings
Yea the thing we need now is another 40 more ratings. That way it makes judging how good a player is even harder to figure out, so we can see more ratings that don't do much of anything, if at all, and spend more time trying to figure out why we need 150 ratings for each player

Field Intelligence
Arm Strength
Short Accuracy
Med Accuracy
Long accuracy
40 time
Cone Drill
Injury
Consistency
Stamina

10 ratings, these are the only ratings we need for QB, I don't care what his hit rating is, or his block shed rating. We need a purging of ratings badly in my opinion.

# 54 Illustrator76 @ 04/13/12 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I highly doubt the no physic DB's, it is happening in that video. There is several times the defender is looking at the WR only to magically turn around the moment the ball is near to pick it off.

Yet again another feature that will be marketed because they know it is what the public wants, yet it won't be delivered the way we all envision it.

All that video does is show me how HORRIBLE EA football looks in motion.

I don't buy into anything that was said, the game looks exactly like 10, 11, 12, and now 13 will look EXACTLY the same and play 99.9% the same also. YAAAAYYYYYY 60 bucks for same rehash we bought last year with stuff that should of been fixed in a patch!
Very well said Phobia. The game looks horrible and unrealistic in motion. I see no differences in this game and past iterations of NCAA, other than the pass trajectory. That "catch the greasy pig" juke and defender whiff animation is borderline insulting. I hate it.

# 55 mtoo22 @ 04/13/12 09:06 AM
There is always something that they tout for it only to be non-existent when the game releases and they mysteriously don't mention it anymore.

# 56 djordan @ 04/13/12 09:06 AM
If this was a randomly posted video I would've had no clue this was from NCAA 13. If I'm not mistaken, the devs said there would be no more of the physic DB's in previous versions of the game.

Bring on PS4/XBOX 720. I'm tired of this engine and weak animations.

# 57 ch46647 @ 04/13/12 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
If this was a randomly posted video I would've had no clue this was from NCAA 13. If I'm not mistaken, the devs said there would be no more of the physic DB's in previous versions of the game.

Bring on PS4/XBOX 720. I'm tired of this engine and weak animations.
Co-sign 100%. I am just assuming that EA has cut their losses on this generation of consoles. All we can hope for is that they learned from their mistakes and are already in the process of building an entirely new up to date game engine for the PS4 and new XBOX. I would hope this new engine has all new up to date technology and a fully functioning physics system that drives animations.

It would be such a shame if we, as customers, have to go through another generation of football gaming like this last one.

Edit- What is the rumored release date for these new systems? I have been reading on IGN that a lot of development companies have gotten starter kits to begin developing for the new systems. Has EA gotten one??????

# 58 chi_hawks @ 04/13/12 09:16 AM
That was underwhelming. Looks almost identical to NCAA 12. The "stuff" they are adding seems like things that should have been included in a patch last year, not rolled out and labeled "new and innovative for 2013".

Hopefully there is more info, much more, that hasn't been released to the public yet.

# 59 Beastly Wayz @ 04/13/12 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Claim of "no more psychic DB's" is noted, and goes into the memory banks.
DITTO, This has been an issue for awhile.....

# 60 Phobia @ 04/13/12 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illustrator76
Very well said Phobia. The game looks horrible and unrealistic in motion. I see no differences in this game and past iterations of NCAA, other than the pass trajectory. That "catch the greasy pig" juke and defender whiff animation is borderline insulting. I hate it.
I know ILL, it is down right criminal that they do this. They release the EXACT same game over and over every year with extremely little changes. In the end it is the buying public's fault, they continue to support mediocrity. As long as they are racking in money and people are shelling out their hard earned cash on the same product, well we will continue to receive less than stellar.

The same thing would happen to EA football that happened to NHL 2k, NBA Live, MLB 2k if competition was around. People would make their buying decision on the best product available.

This will be the first year I don't buy a single football game. I am truly so sick and tired of wasting my money every year that I am finally done. I will stick to the better sports games like MLB The Show, FIFA, and NBA2k. While I will miss football, I won't feel sick after I drop 60 bucks only to shelve the game couple weeks after.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.