Home
UFC Undisputed 3 News Post

Online play is a staple of today's fighting games, and very few have gotten it right. The UFC Undisputed series has had two mediocre showings in the online space prior to UFC Undisputed 3, so I was curious to see how the servers, community size and general community behavior would hold up about a month after the game had come out.

Read More - The State of the Online Union

Game: UFC Undisputed 3Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 12 - View All
UFC Undisputed 3 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ManiacMatt1782 @ 04/13/12 08:16 PM
I think we have a good base here on the site to keep the game from getting stale, if you get a good friends list, play on sim stamina, and try to make things interesting with making leagues, UFC undiputed 3 is a great game. Does it have it's issues, of course, Is it still 10 times better than the previous game, also of course.

# 2 redsrule @ 04/13/12 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
I think we have a good base here on the site to keep the game from getting stale, if you get a good friends list, play on sim stamina, and try to make things interesting with making leagues, UFC undiputed 3 is a great game. Does it have it's issues, of course, Is it still 10 times better than the previous game, also of course.
Exactly.
The servers HAVE to improve though, and I don't even play except for online against OS guys and other guys on my friends list.

# 3 unfriendlyghst @ 04/13/12 09:14 PM
I'm so in the air with game.

I love it in single player and against friends at the house on fight nights, but online is purely atrocious. Whoever decided to desrtoy all the efforts made by the dev team but inserting "Default" stamina in there online needs to be evaluated.

Have you been to their official forums? Place is a straight zoo.

# 4 scottyo60 @ 04/14/12 12:40 AM
Matt is a great fighter and above and beyond valuable to OS! One thing I'll bring up is side control... I've heard by a ton of pros and trainers side control is the second best position to be in besides the full mount. So this anger people are expressing in other forums on side control is just crazy. Honestly just grappling around I feel my best in side control. Why would I not use this move if in real life it would be a try to get to position.

# 5 ps3veron @ 04/14/12 06:29 AM
The servers are definitely more stable these days but the problem for me is all these players that spam a certain movement.

The most annoying of which is when the opposition takes you into side control and then spam knees to the ribs! Happens all the time, opponents don't seem to make this challenging.

# 6 ManiacMatt1782 @ 04/14/12 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyo60
Matt is a great fighter and above and beyond valuable to OS! One thing I'll bring up is side control... I've heard by a ton of pros and trainers side control is the second best position to be in besides the full mount. So this anger people are expressing in other forums on side control is just crazy. Honestly just grappling around I feel my best in side control. Why would I not use this move if in real life it would be a try to get to position.
I think the problem most have with side control is they dont know how to block. You cant hold transition block and block the face at the same time. if you hold transition block your face will go unblocked. that and on default stamina, unless your a stick wizard it's hard to get that transition in the window after blocking. On sim, if you throw lots of elbows, your bound to gass quickly, then of your gassed and brought back to guard, you are a prime canidate to get submitted.

I think the real problem is how underpowered the mount is. Strong strikes are suppoed to interrupt transitions, then why do dont postured power hooks to the body interupt transitions. all you have to do to escape mount is block a head shot then transition out, or eat a body shot and transition freely

# 7 ManiacMatt1782 @ 04/14/12 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3veron
The servers are definitely more stable these days but the problem for me is all these players that spam a certain movement.

The most annoying of which is when the opposition takes you into side control and then spam knees to the ribs! Happens all the time, opponents don't seem to make this challenging.
I go for the ribs too, but because everyone's instinct is to block their head, and again with the stamina, on sim, you throw more than 2 or 3 of those in a row and you are gassed. you can use them but you cant's spam them on sim.

# 8 scottyo60 @ 04/14/12 09:50 PM
In real life the side mount would almost work the same way. Of course blocking is way easier in real life. Agree on the mount part. I understand them not wanting to make it a try to go for a mount immediately game, but the mount I usually try to avoid which should be something I'd want to get to.

# 9 geisterhome @ 04/15/12 09:51 AM
for me the lag is almost game breaking, i mean of course its still playable somehow but where is the fun..
of course there are matches without any too but the are in the minority

# 10 BQ32 @ 04/18/12 10:43 AM
Honestly the one great flaw in this game outside of the server issues was the decision to make default stamina the only option for ranked matches. On sim stamina the game plays great with a lot of strategic play involved against another skilled opponent but the game on default stamina is completely idiotic. Everyone just spams pwoer punches and take down to side mount continuously. Once in side moutn the throw the head elbows in quick succession without being gassed. Even if you are a skilled player you will almost always take quite a bit of damage in this scenario which is why all the complaints. It is spam. The game could be great but I refuse to base my record on the spam fest that is default stamina and playing non ranking matches just does not hold the appeal for long.

# 11 ManiacMatt1782 @ 04/18/12 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
Honestly the one great flaw in this game outside of the server issues was the decision to make default stamina the only option for ranked matches. On sim stamina the game plays great with a lot of strategic play involved against another skilled opponent but the game on default stamina is completely idiotic. Everyone just spams pwoer punches and take down to side mount continuously. Once in side moutn the throw the head elbows in quick succession without being gassed. Even if you are a skilled player you will almost always take quite a bit of damage in this scenario which is why all the complaints. It is spam. The game could be great but I refuse to base my record on the spam fest that is default stamina and playing non ranking matches just does not hold the appeal for long.
Get into one of our leagues. We have our own rankings and play on sim stamina. The leagues here is what saves the game for me.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.