Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

April 16, 2012 – Today, EA SPORTS announced former Heisman Trophy winner Barry Sanders (RB, Oklahoma State University), has been selected by fans to join the 2011 Heisman Trophy winner Robert Griffin III (QB, Baylor University), on the cover of NCAA Football 13, which hits retail shelves on July 10. Sanders was selected by fans as part of the NCAA Football 13 My Heisman Cover Vote contest, which put the power into the hands of the fans to decide which college football legend would join Robert Griffin III on the cover of this year’s game.

The NCAA Football 13 My Heisman Cover Vote contest kicked off on March 12, with a competitive bracket-style tournament on the EA SPORTS NCAA Football Facebook page, pitting eight former Heisman Trophy winners in head-to-head matchups. During the three week-long tournament, fans had the power to choose which player would advance to the next round and get one step closer to gracing the cover alongside Robert Griffin III. Sanders pulled ahead of former University of Georgia running back Herschel Walker in the final round to earn the coveted honor of becoming the NCAA Football 13 cover athlete. Other former Heisman Trophy winners in contention included former University of Southern California running back Marcus Allen, former Boston College quarterback Doug Flutie, former Ohio State University running back Eddie George, former University of Michigan wide receiver Desmond Howard, former Florida State University quarterback Charlie Ward and former University of Houston quarterback Andre Ware.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 sportzbro @ 04/16/12 10:36 PM
That breakdown above makes it look even worse... It's only a cover with 2 great athletes, but it's really amateurish.

I knew RG3's head was weird looking.

# 42 sterfri94 @ 04/16/12 10:50 PM
RG3's head is too big, he looks like a bobble head.

# 43 gator3guy @ 04/16/12 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirates946
The cover couldve been better, but I like it still. I saw a guy on facebook say "Is it sad Im only going to buy the game this year because Barry is on the cover." Looks like EA accomplished its goal by doing this. I think Heisman mode will start to grow on people when they realize they can actual play as the old winners. I wanna play as Barry Sanders so bad.
Every guy in the game moves like Barry as it is.

# 44 drk3351 @ 04/17/12 01:14 AM
if they release the cover looking like this it would be sad. exceptabale in 2002 but now its just pathetic.

# 45 COACH WEBB @ 04/17/12 10:58 AM
Is it just me (haven't read the entire thread) or does RG3's head look huge in comparison to his body?

# 46 COACH WEBB @ 04/17/12 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drk3351
terrible photoshop, rg3 has a huge head. you can see it better here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles
lmao it looks like a bobble head
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
That breakdown above makes it look even worse... It's only a cover with 2 great athletes, but it's really amateurish.

I knew RG3's head was weird looking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterfri94
RG3's head is too big, he looks like a bobble head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid FSU
Forget ball size.!.!. We need a smaller head for RG3!
Ok, I knew I wasn't crazy....

# 47 TripleCrown9 @ 04/17/12 11:48 AM
Quote:
if they release the cover looking like this it would be sad. exceptabale in 2002 but now its just pathetic.
What do you expect them to do? This is the cover and they aren't going to change it. Why would they?

# 48 drk3351 @ 04/17/12 09:40 PM
this could actually be hinting to a new game mode called "bobblehead mode" lol. its sad because i could actually see them making this mode just like they made mascot mode and one button mode

# 49 Ziza9Noles94 @ 04/17/12 10:11 PM
I obviously wanted Charlie Ward to make it, but Barry made magic happen every time he stepped on the field, so I can't really complain. I like the cover, but have to agree that it almost looks fan-made.

# 50 Playmakers @ 04/17/12 10:45 PM
Quote:
I didn't realize a cover box of any sports game was that important.

I don't even pay much attention to the coveror even care about who is on the box.

Just give me improved gameplay and they can put a plain football with a 13 log on it for all i care

That's the problem with this game not enough attention goes into gameplay detail too many people worry about dreads, uni's and cover atheletes.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.