Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 221 lilcop90 @ 04/22/12 10:40 AM
I have high hopes for this game I enjoy the ncaa series way more than madden

# 222 Goodolboi55 @ 04/22/12 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGTURB0WEENIE
PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME THEY UPGRADED THE EQUIPMENT!!! come on EA...where are the rest of the HELMETS...where is matt barkley's face mask? he's still wearing some old face mask NOBODY in NCAA even wears!!! BUT SOMEHOW the madden team incorporated all of their facemask options in madden 12. why can't u two teams just be in the same page when it comes to equipment/helmets?!?
I agree madden has all the DNA and they added xineth which the helmets they use for army all American and Illinois uses them I read online that everything right now is a work in progress even the graphics so that may be a good sign

# 223 Nza @ 04/23/12 06:44 AM
Can someone please explain to me how, at 0:39, the receiver on the right *is* looking with his back turned, but the receiver on the left is *not* looking while turning inside on a slant?

huh? Typical EA - implement a feature 50% of the way. It seems obvious the "looking" is an arbitrary state and not actually related to any physical queue.

# 224 iCebErgSLiM369 @ 04/23/12 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Can someone please explain to me how, at 0:39, the receiver on the right *is* looking with his back turned, but the receiver on the left is *not* looking while turning inside on a slant?

huh? Typical EA - implement a feature 50% of the way. It seems obvious the "looking" is an arbitrary state and not actually related to any physical queue.
They didnt explain this feature well in the video, so i can see why you think this. The reciever doesnt actually have to be "looking". Its more about route concepts and when a reciever is expecting the ball. The reciever on the left was running a deeper route so he wouldnt be expecting the ball that early when they froze the video. As a reciever, depending on the system your in, 50 percent of the time you probably wont actually see the qb release the ball. It should be on the way as you make your break. I understand your fear with the "new feature" tho cause EA has failed us time and time again in the implementation department. I do like the direction their headed in tho. Kind of like a less intrusive "vision cone".

I think its hilarious that its 2012, and theyre promoting things like "all new pump fake", "all new shovel pass", and "all new read and react system". Its actually quite sad, and shows how far they have fallen short of bringing us a decent product. They bash the previous version of the game to the point as if they had nothing to do with the programming and design of it. It makes me quite angry actually. So many of the features in 12 didnt work and the gameplay was so severely lacking (they finally admit it by the way), i feel an idiot for having purchasing an unfinished product. If they realize they were putting out a garbage, unfinished product in years past, i feel like im entiled to some restitution having spent money and countless hours trying to play/find a way to fix their game...

# 225 Tyrant8RDFL @ 04/23/12 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I often feel similarly frustrated with the state of football gaming and this post got me to thinking about how to classify this experience. I have come to the conclusion that although I am often frustrated by EA football games, they seem to fall under the classification of entertainment and the onus for making good consumer entertainment decisions falls solely on me.

For example, if I buy a DVD or BluRay of some hyped movie and I am completely let down with the entertainment quality of it, I am limited to the same recourse options I have if buying EA football games. As long as the disk is not scratched up or somehow unplayable in my machine, there is not much I can do outside of the general return policy.

So us wanting EA to refund some money or lower the price is seemingly unreasonable given the classification of the purchase. We all have to make better purchase decisions when it comes to video game entertainment or deal with the consequences.
It really is this simple. Gamers really need to take a deep look at themselves, and realize they have a addiction, and when the cant get that fix. They freak out.

The reality is if the product is not to your liking just dont buy it. No one is forcing you to buy anything. EA doesnt owe anyone anything. You have the power to make the decision to buy it or not. EA has no power at all to make you purchase anyting. They can only hope.

# 226 JerzeyReign @ 04/23/12 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
It really is this simple. Gamers really need to take a deep look at themselves, and realize they have a addiction, and when the cant get that fix. They freak out.

The reality is if the product is not to your liking just dont buy it. No one is forcing you to buy anything. EA doesnt owe anyone anything. You have the power to make the decision to buy it or not. EA has no power at all to make you purchase anyting. They can only hope.
They had a thread on here not to long ago which asked gamers, 'What Makes You Buy NCAA' or something to that effect.

If you look through that thread you'll realize people aren't addicted to EA NCAA football, they're addicted to NCAA football. The love of the sport makes them buy the game, nothing else. When we as college football fans are hype about the season, the 'want' to play NCAA is just natural. Mix that with wanting something new and that none of these games can be considered 'the best game ever' makes people buy year in and year out. Bet, when EA comes out with that "perfect" (or that NFL 2k5/CHoops 2k8) game, the sales will drop. Funny thing is that people are not falling for the 'Hype Train' this year -- that in itself is a start around here.

This is not directed towards you but people love to come on OS and look for brownie points. First, 90% of those people complaining of little stuff are people who only come around this time of year or just signed up. Second, we don't "bash" this game because its an EA game -- we get aggravated about it because its not up to par. If they were delivering a MVP 2005 or a Fifa -- people would be complaining about the "little things" -- a place in which I think things like Michigan State's green or low cut socks should be discussed until nausea sets in over the entire OS community.

We can hold out all the hope we want that NCAA '13 is that game but until WE have it in our hands and have played it doubt will be cast. We hear this 'song and dance' every year -- no offense to those who have shared their experiences -- and by the time they have their final play and the retail is released something is always jacked up or not the way they played it.

Don't knock guys casting doubt -- I think, and this is my opinion only, that this NCAA team has earned the right to be doubted until proven otherwise. They do some good things but then other things are just mind blowing. I really wish they could post a blog with realistic improvements for this generation of consoles -- I can't take the word of just anybody on the forum. I'd really like to hear that from the horse's mouth.

# 227 roadman @ 04/23/12 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalutationsNJ
They had a thread on here not to long ago which asked gamers, 'What Makes You Buy NCAA' or something to that effect.

If you look through that thread you'll realize people aren't addicted to EA NCAA football, they're addicted to NCAA football. The love of the sport makes them buy the game, nothing else. When we as college football fans are hype about the season, the 'want' to play NCAA is just natural. Mix that with wanting something new and that none of these games can be considered 'the best game ever' makes people buy year in and year out. Bet, when EA comes out with that "perfect" (or that NFL 2k5/CHoops 2k8) game, the sales will drop. Funny thing is that people are not falling for the 'Hype Train' this year -- that in itself is a start around here.

This is not directed towards you but people love to come on OS and look for brownie points. First, 90% of those people complaining of little stuff are people who only come around this time of year or just signed up. Second, we don't "bash" this game because its an EA game -- we get aggravated about it because its not up to par. If they were delivering a MVP 2005 or a Fifa -- people would be complaining about the "little things" -- a place in which I think things like Michigan State's green or low cut socks should be discussed until nausea sets in over the entire OS community.

We can hold out all the hope we want that NCAA '13 is that game but until WE have it in our hands and have played it doubt will be cast. We hear this 'song and dance' every year -- no offense to those who have shared their experiences -- and by the time they have their final play and the retail is released something is always jacked up or not the way they played it.

Don't knock guys casting doubt -- I think, and this is my opinion only, that this NCAA team has earned the right to be doubted until proven otherwise. They do some good things but then other things are just mind blowing. I really wish they could post a blog with realistic improvements for this generation of consoles -- I can't take the word of just anybody on the forum. I'd really like to hear that from the horse's mouth.
Everything up to the last paragraph I agree with.

There is new leadership in charge. You sound as if they do some things good, but other things mind blowing like talking in the past.

I agree there will be doubt but there isn't one thing that can be done or said until the game is released.

I think it's fair to say, with everything presented so far, it's leaning in the right direction.

As disgruntled as a buyer I was last year, I'm willing to listen and give them a fair chance to rectify that this year.

# 228 iCebErgSLiM369 @ 04/23/12 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I often feel similarly frustrated with the state of football gaming and this post got me to thinking about how to classify this experience. I have come to the conclusion that although I am often frustrated by EA football games, they seem to fall under the classification of entertainment and the onus for making good consumer entertainment decisions falls solely on me.

For example, if I buy a DVD or BluRay of some hyped movie and I am completely let down with the entertainment quality of it, I am limited to the same recourse options I have if buying EA football games. As long as the disk is not scratched up or somehow unplayable in my machine, there is not much I can do outside of the general return policy.

So us wanting EA to refund some money or lower the price is seemingly unreasonable given the classification of the purchase. We all have to make better purchase decisions when it comes to video game entertainment or deal with the consequences.
After purchasing ncaa 12 twice last year (once preowned after they dropped patch #2), i do feel like i should be allowed a full refund. I would agree with you if the product did what it claims to do, but you have back of the box features that were broken. Online dynasties that couldnt be continued because due to server errors. Player tendencies that didnt work at all. No video games are not that important and they are a form of entertainment, but as a consumer of anything if you purchase a product that doesnt work the way it is advertised to work, you should be entitled to a refund. If the game worked properly out the box i wouldnt have an arguement. A huge problem with the gaming industry now is that the "patching" system just bogs everything down. Ppl hold on to their games far too long waiting and hoping for patches that are always promised, only to be dissapointed 5 months after purchase. Otherwise where does it end? They could flat out lie to us to sell games. Consumer laws are there to protect us from these unsavory sales tactics.

# 229 roadman @ 04/23/12 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCebErgSLiM369
After purchasing ncaa 12 twice last year (once preowned after they dropped patch #2), i do feel like i should be allowed a full refund. I would agree with you if the product did what it claims to do, but you have back of the box features that were broken. Online dynasties that couldnt be continued because due to server errors. Player tendencies that didnt work at all. No video games are not that important and they are a form of entertainment, but as a consumer of anything if you purchase a product that doesnt work the way it is advertised to work, you should be entitled to a refund. If the game worked properly out the box i wouldnt have an arguement. A huge problem with the gaming industry now is that the "patching" system just bogs everything down. Ppl hold on to their games far too long waiting and hoping for patches that are always promised, only to be dissapointed 5 months after purchase. Otherwise where does it end? They could flat out lie to us to sell games. Consumer laws are there to protect us from these unsavory sales tactics.
I think your opinion works in an ideal word, not in our realistic world. I tried your theory out for a movie I didn't like. I got up and left and demanded my money back. Didn't work, they said I could go to one of the already movies already showing. As others said, it's entertainment.

I purchased full price for NCAA last year. Hated it, traded it in earlier than I ever had. At least I got half of my money back on that one.

I see you point, but it just doesn't work that way.

# 230 BenGerman @ 04/27/12 01:09 PM
Was it mentioned anywhere whether or not the 3D grass would be implemented into gameplay? It makes the game look about 10x better.

# 231 JerzeyReign @ 04/27/12 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
Was it mentioned anywhere whether or not the 3D grass would be implemented into gameplay? It makes the game look about 10x better.
How would 3D grass make the game look better? Is it sincerely possible to notice a 3 dimensional blade of grass? Still shots it looks good but during gameplay? As long as it doesn't look like that green carpet stuff from NCAA '10 I'm good -- then again I didn't pay attention to that grass either -- it wasn't until EA brought up how horrible it looked and compared the two.

Sidenote: I finally figured out what I don't like about "throwing a guy open" -- the WR does not PLANT, he just slides into the new direction. That is why it looks weird -- if the WR quickly planted or something it would make it look a little more realistic. That way throwing a WR open wouldn't become too easy.

# 232 BenGerman @ 04/27/12 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalutationsNJ
How would 3D grass make the game look better? Is it sincerely possible to notice a 3 dimensional blade of grass? Still shots it looks good but during gameplay? As long as it doesn't look like that green carpet stuff from NCAA '10 I'm good -- then again I didn't pay attention to that grass either -- it wasn't until EA brought up how horrible it looked and compared the two.

Sidenote: I finally figured out what I don't like about "throwing a guy open" -- the WR does not PLANT, he just slides into the new direction. That is why it looks weird -- if the WR quickly planted or something it would make it look a little more realistic. That way throwing a WR open wouldn't become too easy.
Its pretty simple actually. The grass in the replays and screenshots use the 3D grass, but when you go to actual gameplay, the grass is a dead green.

Example A (3D Grass):

http://no2minutewarning.com/wp-conte...23880355_n.jpg

Example B (No 3D Grass):

http://78.46.175.120/th/643/1002643.jpg

Maybe its just me, but the colors in the first are a lot more vibrant and natural, while the second screenshot have dulled down color and it looks like the players are stepping on tile instead of grass. Just my opinion though, I know its not a big deal for everyone.

# 233 Rivals @ 04/27/12 08:57 PM
Meh... nothing to see here. After last year's debacle, this will be a September purchase if I buy 2013 at all. Let me know when they address the numerous issues with custom stadium sounds, team builder, custom conference scheduling or many of the other glaring flaws that made 2012 such a headache.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.