Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

TSO's David Shad has posted his NCAA Football 13 hands-on impressions, from a recent community event he attended.

Below are a few things he mentions, click here to read the rest.

Quote:
  • If the receiver doesn't see it he won't make the play—Same for the defense on ball play.
  • DB/WR interaction is great, very realistic, doesn’t stick like glue and run step for step with the receiver
  • OLine/DLine interaction is tuned (not overhauled). The offensive linemen extend and grab, slide accordingly as well with the defender. Great playaction play is back for ’13!
  • Neat and new team celebrations between plays...not just an individual anymore (seemed like only “team” celebrations were TD’s in ’12). Guys will hug and jump bump midair. Especially on big downs or plays.
  • Screens have been improved (slip, wide, and middle). The linemen react and block much better, and do an excellent job going down-field leading a back.
  • Good and accurate pocket depth/presence will be rewarded. If you are dropping back too deep the ball loses power and accuracy will be lost.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jpdavis82 @ 04/21/12 08:27 PM
If you go to the link you can ask the guy who made this post any questions you may have regarding gameplay. Several questions are being asked and answered as we speak.

# 2 TripleCrown9 @ 04/21/12 08:44 PM
Excellent impressions, man. I am so excited for this game.

# 3 BlackBetty15 @ 04/21/12 08:55 PM
What about the penalty system...does pass interference work? How about intentional grounding and the other penalty sliders that have been broken for five years.

# 4 jfsolo @ 04/21/12 09:03 PM
This is the best take that we've heard about gameplay since info started coming out. I already said in another thread that I was getting 13 for sure, despite the snafu's of last year. My guess is that most folks here, who get the game every year, will do so as well, even though they're skeptical, angry about 12, and upset about the long standing legacy issues.

# 5 Gotmadskillzson @ 04/21/12 09:25 PM
Hmm......good read now to go over there and ask some questions.

# 6 Jr. @ 04/21/12 09:29 PM
Great impressions. Sounds like the game is shaping up very well so far. But we've heard great impressions from these events before, so I'm still cautious

# 7 TDenverFan @ 04/21/12 10:11 PM
He seemed to like the game a lot... Hoping this year'll be great!

# 8 Gotmadskillzson @ 04/21/12 10:13 PM
Awee yeah I just posted 22 questions on there. He might be in bed now, but hopefully tomorrow he can answer them.

# 9 da ThRONe @ 04/21/12 11:21 PM
If RTG isn't an absolute mess like last year. I think this may be a purchase for me.

# 10 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/21/12 11:28 PM
Well I like the reviews and sounds good so far. But I'm worried about the D part of the game. I'm still hoping the AI plays good D agaist the human user and all. I don't want to put op a ton of yards passing and running and put up 50+ points a game. Then the game would get boring real quick. I just hope they found the balance between offense and defense this year. But I'm glad I still got my season pass. I can try ncaa13 3 days before release.

# 11 The_Gaming_Disciple @ 04/21/12 11:37 PM
Just read on tradition sports, I still reserve judgements until I have my hands on the demo. I can say that I'm a little dissapointed with minimal talk concerning the run game. However, as many have already come to the conclusion, EA primarily focused their attention on passing this rev cycle. It would be really refreshing to hear about the improvement and greater implementation of accurate penalties in game as well as the fatigue factor in players and their ability along with position substitutions...Looking forward to more info May 7th.

# 12 shaunlmason @ 04/21/12 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Gaming_Disciple
Just read on tradition sports, I still reserve judgements until I have my hands on the demo. I can say that I'm a little dissapointed with minimal talk concerning the run game. However, as many have already come to the conclusion, EA primarily focused their attention on passing this rev cycle. It would be really refreshing to hear about the improvement and greater implementation of accurate penalties in game as well as the fatigue factor in players and their ability along with position substitutions...Looking forward to more info May 7th.
I care a lot about stamina and fatigue and spent time trying make sure they tune it so players rotate off.

# 13 shaunlmason @ 04/21/12 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
If RTG isn't an absolute mess like last year. I think this may be a purchase for me.
If you like RTG you've got some fun stuff coming up, that's all I can say about that.=)

# 14 shaunlmason @ 04/21/12 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
What about the penalty system...does pass interference work? How about intentional grounding and the other penalty sliders that have been broken for five years.
When I was there Pass Interference still wasn't working, but it was a topic of conversation. It was pretty fun to try to just destroy receivers in the air trying to get it to trigger, LOL.

# 15 shaunlmason @ 04/21/12 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Awee yeah I just posted 22 questions on there. He might be in bed now, but hopefully tomorrow he can answer them.
Like I said over there, I wish you would have posted when I was in Orlando. I like to actually confirm things in game and not try to work off my memory. I'm wrong much less that way.

I've already been warned I'm going to get railed on OS at some point for being wrong.=) "Damn you Shaun Mason, you told us XXX was fixed!"

=)

# 16 starwarsjunkie7 @ 04/22/12 12:09 AM
The most important question no one has asked: is the sprint button back? And I'm talking both scrambling and regular running. Also, there needs to be a MUCH bigger difference between running speeds than from last year' game. Last year, we could tune the difference in running speeds to max but linemen would still run really fast, which is not realistic at all. That must be fixed in this game.

# 17 arobbi3 @ 04/22/12 12:13 AM
Shaun, with the new receiving animations do the receivers aggressively attack the the ball more often? I saw they will high point the ball on the fade, but does this happen on other throws? No more taking steps back while making a catch?

# 18 michfan16 @ 04/22/12 12:18 AM
r there still the dumb gameplan options

# 19 David_TSO @ 04/22/12 12:24 AM
Hey guys, I'm the guy that did the impressions. I'm answering a bunch as BEST as I can over there and will do some as well here.

I'm about to die of sleep deprivation so I will be back in a few hours...thank God tomm is a Sunday and not a Monday because I would be screwed with work...lol

# 20 illwill10 @ 04/22/12 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunLMason
If you like RTG you've got some fun stuff coming up, that's all I can say about that.=)
Good to hear. The only thing I care about is Custom Quarter Lengths.

« Previous123456789Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.