Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

TSO's David Shad has posted his NCAA Football 13 hands-on impressions, from a recent community event he attended.

Below are a few things he mentions, click here to read the rest.

Quote:
  • If the receiver doesn't see it he won't make the play—Same for the defense on ball play.
  • DB/WR interaction is great, very realistic, doesn’t stick like glue and run step for step with the receiver
  • OLine/DLine interaction is tuned (not overhauled). The offensive linemen extend and grab, slide accordingly as well with the defender. Great playaction play is back for ’13!
  • Neat and new team celebrations between plays...not just an individual anymore (seemed like only “team” celebrations were TD’s in ’12). Guys will hug and jump bump midair. Especially on big downs or plays.
  • Screens have been improved (slip, wide, and middle). The linemen react and block much better, and do an excellent job going down-field leading a back.
  • Good and accurate pocket depth/presence will be rewarded. If you are dropping back too deep the ball loses power and accuracy will be lost.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 shaunlmason @ 04/22/12 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan21
Oh man Blacklover! That is a name I remember. I was on OS before the new millennium and it has been interesting to see the evolution of Ncaa. I really think what you see now is the reality of next gen football is nowhere near where we thought it would be. I had ncaa 99 on the PC back in the day and I always thought in ten + years this game was going to be off the charts. The problem is other genres of next gen games have far surpassed sports gaming steps in technology. One question I had for you is was there a option for player lock on defense?
Where you can only be that guy or you can lock players to offensive players?

# 82 shaunlmason @ 04/22/12 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Ok, just for complete clarification, that question was referring to on the field, when you press the right trigger? before the snap to pan out to see more of the field. The offense players names or numbers will be displayed under them but not the defenses.

So I can pan out and identify where my star receiver is lined up in the formation by name or number but not specific defenders because their name or numbers are not shown.

Just wanted to make sure you understood exactly what was being asked because I constantly ask about this right here too http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2043323995 and didn't want that confused with Spliff's question.
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I honestly don't remember, it's tough to differentiate with default rosters (#81 vs Player #81)

# 83 shaunlmason @ 04/22/12 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Most of my questions were answered......Impressive, considering I did ask over 20 questions. But straight honest, no BS, no sugar coating telling it how it is answers I can respect.
I think you'll find all of the TSO guys are really straightforward guys.

# 84 shaunlmason @ 04/22/12 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGTURB0WEENIE
Dude! No one has asked about new equipment and facemasks. Any word on new stuff?
I'm LITERALLY the last person to ask about stuff like that. I can't tell you what was in '12, LOL.

# 85 drlw322 @ 04/22/12 02:39 PM
Thx for taking your time and doing this. Did you guys see more tune momentum in tackling and more gang tackles with 3 or players. I've noticed last year when they went to this momentum tackling system there were no more gang tackles with 3 or more players. Also for the defenders that cant engage into the gang tackle animation would they still far over in that animation like they missed on the tackle(annoying animation). Overall were there a good amount of new tackling animation and they they play out a little smoother and with more momentum

# 86 BlackBetty15 @ 04/22/12 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_TSO
This is what I can tell you. We tried it and and did not experience the PI.

Shaun himself was trying this out hard andhe brought it up directly with the gameplay team, so they are more than aware of it and heard it directly from us. I know they were looking into it and we hope to see something in '13.

What else can we do beyond that? I'm a fairly big dude...do you want me to start laying on top of developers until you get what you want? lol
Honestly...PI calls and the juke system comparable in 2011 (maybe a better stiff ARM too) is all that's keeping me from really doing the humpty dance waiting for this years version to drop. I do like all the new things being mentioned but for me, in game dicipline goes a loooong way in football. Especially in the penalty department. Mental mistakes like PI, IG, AND stuff like personnel fouls aren't just an aesthetic part of football...its a field position thing and a chain mover...nothing like having a 3rd and say 15, you throw q post corner to your wr, and the cb who was burned because the new logic EA implemented decides to PI instead of give up a TD...and the chains move and the drive goes on. Happens a ton in game and yet its always 1, 2, 3 type of drives with no drama in them what so ever unless I crank up like offsides or holding or some penalty. That's the main issue with this game is that there is now drama, or WOW THAT JUST HAPPENED...moment, unless we overblown some part of the game like sliders.

# 87 RynoAid @ 04/22/12 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGTURB0WEENIE
Dude! No one has asked about new equipment and facemasks. Any word on new stuff?
If it's not gameplay related.. they probably can't expound on it yet.

# 88 jfsolo @ 04/22/12 02:48 PM
Quote:
There was as much done to dynasty as there was game play. The changes to dynasty will make a huge difference next year.
It's not gameplay, but people may have missed this little nugget, it was in one of Shaun's posts on TSO. Needless to say, I'm geeked up because I was a little worried that Dynasty might have been neglected somewhat this year.

# 89 BenGerman @ 04/22/12 03:03 PM
I asked it a few pages back but it wasn't answered. I'll expand a little as well. Are goal line/fade route animations improved? I hated having to take control in order for my WR to jump up and go get the ball.

Will the CPU go after the ball if its up in the air (like a fade route in the endzone)? Thanks again, I've just always had a problem with this considering how popular the fade route is today in football.

# 90 shaunlmason @ 04/22/12 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
I asked it a few pages back but it wasn't answered. I'll expand a little as well. Are goal line/fade route animations improved? I hated having to take control in order for my WR to jump up and go get the ball.

Will the CPU go after the ball if its up in the air (like a fade route in the endzone)? Thanks again, I've just always had a problem with this considering how popular the fade route is today in football.
I saw the question but don't have a good answer. Talking with David, I think both of us user catch.

# 91 sportzbro @ 04/22/12 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
So happy to hear player movement is being tweaked. This is huge for me.
Where was this said?

# 92 shaunlmason @ 04/22/12 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Where was this said?
It has been.

# 93 shaunlmason @ 04/22/12 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I don't think it's that nobody cares but I personally don't get the overall impact of how accurate equipment is, has on the enjoyment of the game. I understand the art and gameplay teams are two separate groups but unless someone is using the game for still photo shoots, I don't get the fervor around equipment.

If the game had 100% perfect accuracy in relation to player equipment and team color depth but game play was terrible, I wonder if equipment junkies would overlook game play and still buy the game. However, if equipment was terrible but the game play was 100% accurate/realistic, I am confident game play junkies and many others would overlook equipment to buy the game.

That said, I don't have an issue with people advocating for whatever it is they want.
There are no real players in the game, not sure how you can have accurate equipment.

=)

# 94 huskerwr38 @ 04/22/12 03:24 PM
I'm surprised nobody has asked this, but are there any diving catch animations? This is a catch animation that is sorely missing, it's so frustrating when a ball is just out of reach and the WR doesn't dive for it.

Also, does it feel like there are 430 new catch animations? What I mean is...will you see the same catch animations over and over again? It seems like every year we hear about how they put in hundreds of new tackle animations yet we see the same 10 every game.

# 95 BenGerman @ 04/22/12 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunLMason
I saw the question but don't have a good answer. Talking with David, I think both of us user catch.
Okay, thanks Shaun. I'm just hoping the users aren't given advantages the CPU won't have, which was the case with a lot of stuff that seems to be taken care of this year (swerve running, punt/FG logic, etc.).

Thanks again for answering all of these questions, you guys have been really helpful.

# 96 michigan21 @ 04/22/12 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunLMason
Where you can only be that guy or you can lock players to offensive players?
Yes. On defense if I wanted to control the LB the camera is fix on him and only him. Its been in for the last few years.

# 97 Robby73 @ 04/22/12 03:31 PM
Ok guys just give me your most honest reply.
You guys got to play around with some other modes .... Dynasty....RTG....Coach...
can you tell me compared to 2011 and 2012 ... are we in for a suprise.lo...for the good or bad
no really though did you guys like this game much better ar sliightly better than those 2 games
i bring up the 2011 game because going from 2010 to 2011 imo was i big change , but we all know that going from 2011 to 2012 was imo and alot of others a step back
so can you guys share your feelings on the type of improvement for all the game modes without talking about the details.
oh and bye the way I do thank you guys for your time with us the hardcore gamers on this.

# 98 jfsolo @ 04/22/12 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
Okay, thanks Shaun. I'm just hoping the users aren't given advantages the CPU won't have, which was the case with a lot of stuff that seems to be taken care of this year (swerve running, punt/FG logic, etc.).

Thanks again for answering all of these questions, you guys have been really helpful.
Yes, I hope that some of the guys who have been down there have been mentioning how important this is. CPU DE's, RB's, WR's and QB's need to be able to fully utilize all the move/animations/ that User can. Those are the positions which have suffered greatly over the last few years.

All the new gameplay and Dynasty stuff will lose so much of its luster if the CPU only uses a fraction of the options available to the User.

# 99 drlw322 @ 04/22/12 03:51 PM
Hey just wondering if David can answer post 100. Thx again

# 100 SteelerSpartan @ 04/22/12 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Yes, I hope that some of the guys who have been down there have been mentioning how important this is. CPU DE's, RB's, WR's and QB's need to be able to fully utilize all the move/animations/ that User can. Those are the positions which have suffered greatly over the last few years.

All the new gameplay and Dynasty stuff will lose so much of its luster if the CPU only uses a fraction of the options available to the User.
I think they fell into their usual pattern of band-aiding an over compensating with that...........

because just a few years ago it was the opposite.....RBs were juking and spinning when they needed to be hitting the hole with authority

I didn't think the the CPU RBs last were as gamebreakingly bad as they used to be when they spun and juked everywhere with no rhyme or reason

I also thinking speeding up the option QB/HB animations will have an immediate impact on the CPUs running game

Have to find the right balance and logic

EDIT: And at the very least have some good sliders so we can fine tune

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.