Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Madden NFL 13 features playbook kicks off on April 25th, with presentation and gameplay improvements.

Madden NFL 13 is all-new from boot up to credits. Every mode, every screen, every pixel has been reinvented delivering the most innovative, connected, and authentic Madden NFL experience in franchise history. Dont miss one feature announcement by following the Madden NFL 13 Feature Playbook, powered by GameStop.

Presentation (April 25th)

Madden NFL 13 delivers world-class presentation with an entirely new look and feel; plus, new commentators bring the game's broadcast to life.

Gameplay Part 1 (April 25th)

With a revamped passing game and the all-new Read and React Defensive AI system, Madden NFL 13 achieves greater realism on the virtual gridiron on both sides of the ball.

Audio (May 14th)

Madden NFL 13 delivers a superb audio experience that faithfully replicates NFL Sundays with a new commentary team and the implementation of innovative technology along with unique resources provided by NFL Films.

Gameplay Part 2 (June 4th)

A monumental change to Madden NFL gameplay creates the most authentic football experience to date, blurring the line between virtual and reality.

Connected Careers (June 4th)

With Connected Careers, Madden NFL 13 will revolutionize the way sports video game career modes are played.

Madden Ultimate Team (July 9th)

Madden NFL 13 Ultimate Team is the definitive way to experience virtual card collecting with new content and updates that mirror exciting NFL events throughout the entire year.

Madden Social (TBA)

A whole new way to experience Madden against your friends - anytime, anywhere.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 LBzrule @ 04/24/12 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Ok I misread that, no they are not using "NCAA 12" to show you points... They are using ncaa 13 but you aren't seeing the complete package, its most certainly not a finished product showing every new.detail or.point.
That was in response to the second part of his question about seeing the finished product so to speak.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Ohhh I know it is not a finished package, but I also know you cannot add anything like a physics engine in with limited time. I know you cannot do double team blocking in limited time either. So if guys don't see this tomorrow, chances are they aint gonna see it.

# 162 Ian_Cummings @ 04/24/12 11:57 PM
Super curious to see some real details.

I sure like that nothing really sounds gimmicky...

# 163 Ian_Cummings @ 04/25/12 12:21 AM
Quote:
Glad to see you back in your old stomping grounds bro. You gotta come out and have a beer next community event.

I totally would have! No invite though. Tell Dewiel I'll even sign the stupid NDA!

# 164 at23steelers @ 04/25/12 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings

What was your favorite feature when you were there?? Any features you were forced to sell hard that you knew were gimmicky, and reluctant to do it??

Anyways, Im excited too. Hoping they can continue on this upward trend.

# 165 huskerwr38 @ 04/25/12 12:33 AM
Quote:

Hey good to see you around here. What are you most excited to see?

# 166 djordan @ 04/25/12 08:39 AM
Today is the day!

# 167 roadman @ 04/25/12 08:46 AM
Quote:

Good to see you, again.

Get ready for the popcorn.

I'm really excited about seeing the presentation. The game play will be a repeat from the NCAA side.

Comments should be interesting.

I have a feeling they will be very similar to NCAA's side.

# 168 poster @ 04/25/12 08:58 AM
Is it certain to start at 1 PM EST or 2 PM EST? I don't see any times listed anywhere. NCAA was at 2 PM EST, hoping the same for the Madden playbook.

Hoping there will be additions to the NCAA gameplay, we'll see. Tackling in its current state is awful, hopefully it has been worked on!

# 169 ch46647 @ 04/25/12 08:59 AM
I am hoping to atleast see a little more added then what NCAA got. Madden is there main football title. I am really hoping to atleast see the FIFA jostling system added for WR/DB interaction. That would make me happy.

# 170 djordan @ 04/25/12 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Good to see you, again.

Get ready for the popcorn.

I'm really excited about seeing the presentation. The game play will be a repeat from the NCAA side.

Comments should be interesting.

I have a feeling they will be very similar to NCAA's side.
I hope not man... seems like patches.

# 171 roadman @ 04/25/12 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
I hope not man... seems like patches.
I hear you DJ, but I think June 4th will be the game play reveal. I read Read n React and it sounds like NCAA from last week.

We'll see.

# 172 chi_hawks @ 04/25/12 09:13 AM
Quote:

Ya know...if you would have hung around EA a little while longer who knows how amazing this game could be right about meow

# 173 djordan @ 04/25/12 09:14 AM
Quote:
I hear you DJ, but I think June 4th will be the game play reveal. I read Read n React and it sounds like NCAA from last week.

We'll see.
I thought today would reveal the gameplay? To be honest my top priority is for realistic tackling and non of the robotic quick animation tackling. Like you said, we will see.

# 174 roadman @ 04/25/12 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
I thought today would reveal the gameplay? To be honest my top priority is for realistic tackling and non of the robotic quick animation tackling. Like you said, we will see.
Sorry, should have been more clear.

There will be game play revealed today, it's about the read and react defense, that is why I feel it will be similar to NCAA's last week.

June 4th is Gameplay 2, which appears to be a mystery at this point.

This is the schedule for today.

Madden NFL 13 delivers world-class presentation with an entirely new look and feel; plus, new commentators bring the game's broadcast to life.

With a revamped passing game and the all-new Read and React Defensive AI system, Madden NFL 13 achieves greater realism on the virtual gridiron on both sides of the ball.

Sounds similar to NCAA game play revealed last week, to me???

# 175 Broncos86 @ 04/25/12 09:33 AM
Yeah, I'm really hoping we get more than just a review of the features already announced in NCAA 13.

# 176 roadman @ 04/25/12 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Yeah, I'm really hoping we get more than just a review of the features already announced in NCAA 13.
We are, presentation, but realistically, we already know about the passing and read and react defense.

Hopefully, they will show more, that's why I'm looking forward to the presentation.

# 177 ABR173rd @ 04/25/12 09:41 AM
Quote:
Sorry, should have been more clear.

There will be game play revealed today, it's about the read and react defense, that is why I feel it will be similar to NCAA's last week.

June 4th is Gameplay 2, which appears to be a mystery at this point.

This is the schedule for today.

Sounds similar to NCAA game play revealed last week, to me???
I agree, I think most of the big game play changes will be the same things mentioned for NCAA just with a different name attached to it. Hoping I'm wrong but who knows.

# 178 Only1LT @ 04/25/12 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Doesn't make sense to do that if you are showing off new presentation in what you plan to release in late August. Secondly, why would they use Madden 10 to showcase anything when they've had people at CD already who have played and seen 13. It's time to let the new cat out of the bag, not dig up and old dead cat.

If it is an old build that they show, it will be an old build of 13. From my knowledge EA has never gone back intentionally to show us what is going to be in the new game by digging up a last year or the year prior to that. The only reason they would show something old is to show how the new is that much better. Never seen them do that otherwise.

Totally not the point I was making. I never said they WOULD use Madden 10, only that they COULD.

The point is that if the whole enchilada isn't working, you show a build that has the parts that are working together that you want to focus on for that particular presentation. The stuff that isn't working yet, or is working on its own but not with the stuff that you are focusing on for a particular presentation, you: have it in a separate build, you leave it out, you comment it out, what ever.

That's all I'm saying.

# 179 DirkDiggler12 @ 04/25/12 09:46 AM
Quote:
I think its at 1. Bad thing is I will be at work and ain't be able to watch. Even worse is I have forgotten a quarter of the stuff they told me while I was down there last time so it will actually be a refreshed on some points.

Per their FB site, it says 1pm EST

# 180 RynoAid @ 04/25/12 09:51 AM
I will watch to refresh my memory and then post my hands on impressions from my notes and what i remember from the community week.

We will be going back in 2 weeks so i will get a huge refresher on where they stand now. Getting real excited guys, can't wait until the full feature set is released...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.