Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

OS' man-in-charge Steve Noah was able to get some hands-on time with Madden 13. Here are his initial impressions on the gameplay information released today.

Read More: Madden NFL 13 Gameplay

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 DiceMan @ 04/25/12 05:51 PM
Sounds good...can't wait to play it.

# 22 SageInfinite @ 04/25/12 06:08 PM
The animations are definitely improving, but there still is too much sliding,snapping into place, and not enough transitional animation, but this is the best the game has looked this whole gen, as it should be.

# 23 seriousluboy83 @ 04/25/12 06:35 PM
Has the Man To Man switch logic been corrected yet? Defenders would switch after the ball was snapped leaving the opposition open....Has the player agility been tuned yet to lessen zig-zag running capabilities? Has the draw play (D-Line would flare out like in the edge rush audible...just so the draw could work) been fixed yet? Have defenders (mainly safeties) been given the logic of...if there's only one route on your deep half to cover it instead of playing CF? Happens mainly in Cover 1...Have Delay Routes been adjusted so that the HB will stay in longer to block or at the very least chip a DE or DT before releasing on his route? Have the Offensive Linemen been corrected in their blocking assignments on blitzes??? Madden 12 they would allow the DE or DT in front of them free release but block the blitzing LB or S...Do defenders break down on routes with the receivers now too? This IMO is the biggest reason for "Physic Defenders" because if my receiver has to break down at any point in his route but the defender never has to break stride then I'm at a disadvantage every time I drop back to pass...All I can think of......For Now

# 24 jbd345 @ 04/25/12 06:41 PM
I can live with the sliding. As long a super LB doesn't magically appear when making a pass to a wide open receiver over the middle, I'll be happy.

# 25 choadler @ 04/25/12 06:44 PM
Color me very pessimistic. Same old story we did this and did that and now we have a new passing mechanic that really is an old passing mechanic. Everything sounds great, but typically EA's execution of these new ideas has been less than stellar.

# 26 SuperNoVa27 @ 04/25/12 06:51 PM
To everyone saying that the "new" mechanic is old. You're wrong, leading receivers was in prior Maddens but the pass trajectory and ball speeds are what is new, thus making it a new mechanic. You can't single out one feature and label the entire thing as old if it's something that is a combination of many features like passing....

# 27 Jarodd21 @ 04/25/12 07:23 PM
Madden NFL 13 will feature a total control passing mechanic, where you lead receivers with the “L” stick. So, for example, you have a receiver split out wide, running a go-route against a cover 2. Just after the chuck, there is a small window of opportunity for you to throw a pass to the outside shoulder on the sidelines. You do this by timing it right, holding the “L” stick and pointing it towards the sidelines.

This pretty much sounds like what I'm doing now with the left stick but it also sounds like they added a few more stuff you can do with it to place certain passes which is great news. The guys who aren't using the left stick now better start working with it or else they'll struggle with there passing again on 13..

"Play calling has been improved, including play calling in the red zone and 2-minute drill. For example, the Saints are more likely to throw on 1st and goal at the 1, they might even bring out 4 wide in shotgun formation. You won’t see a play action fake from a goalline formation called when it’s 3rd and goal from the 5-yard line. In the 2-minute drill, you will no longer see 4 vert called on every play. Instead, you will see more sideline corner strikes, passing to the flats and hitting receivers near the sidelines.
The AI also has a new conserve time strategy. If you are down 17 points, you will see the defense go into prevent, bend but don’t break, giving up the underneath stuff. Defenses will play soft zones, and won’t blitz nearly as often, to avoid the risk of giving up a quick score. Offensively, the AI will no longer go deep every play. Instead, they will call underneath plays and the offense will take what the defense gives them with high percentage completion plays."

This is great news for me.. I been asking for this for years. The 2 minute drill for the AI has been the worst for years for both there offense and defense. I'm glad they finally tuned this area.. It should definitely make the game more challening in those situations..

# 28 pendo @ 04/25/12 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
The animations are definitely improving, but there still is too much sliding,snapping into place, and not enough transitional animation, but this is the best the game has looked this whole gen, as it should be.
Completely agree and it is why i won't purchase another installation of this franchise untill the running is fixed/engine is changed. I have had enough of this gen of madden/Ncaa, i will play ncaa 06 and madden 06 on ps2 and be happy not wasting $120 on a glorified roster update. It's been 6 years now and we are getting a quality of product we should have had on madden 08'.

# 29 MiNiDiTkA @ 04/25/12 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Yep, it looks like the electric glide/slide is still in

# 30 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/25/12 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Yeah the only time you should be putting up 45 points is when you're Brees or someone like him, not when you're some scrub QB like the Ravens QB or someone...
Again I agree with you. But still even with an elite you still ain't always going to put up 45 point games. That again is why I hope AI D challenges still even they it can't make a play on the ball until it see it. That is where ratings I'm will start to count and no longer just speed. Be I guess we will soon enough.

# 31 bukktown @ 04/25/12 08:33 PM
This is straight off of the press release. These aren't impressions.

# 32 loganmorrison1 @ 04/25/12 08:41 PM
The hype begins. We are four months away from disappointment. Every year they write about how great all these new things are, and then half don't even make it in the game

# 33 chrome_305 @ 04/25/12 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNoVa27
To everyone saying that the "new" mechanic is old. You're wrong, leading receivers was in prior Maddens but the pass trajectory and ball speeds are what is new, thus making it a new mechanic. You can't single out one feature and label the entire thing as old if it's something that is a combination of many features like passing....
It's not new if it was in the game before bro.

IMO the pass trajectory are probably only three-four different angles which are tied into how far the receiver is from the ball.It a bad idea if it is done this way. I will start writing my post for the "pass trajectory broken thread".

# 34 booker21 @ 04/25/12 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Again I agree with you. But still even with an elite you still ain't always going to put up 45 point games. That again is why I hope AI D challenges still even they it can't make a play on the ball until it see it. That is where ratings I'm will start to count and no longer just speed. Be I guess we will soon enough.
My whole point.

So far I was able to do really well with bad qb on all pro. I'm not dreaming, this won't change this year. Hope some day.

# 35 pendo @ 04/25/12 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Scarface
PRE-ALPHA.......ANIMATIONS WILL NOT BE PERFECT.
What's the bet that sliding will still be in the game then? I'd risk my left nut on sliding still occurring and the players running on a turntable.

# 36 SageInfinite @ 04/25/12 09:59 PM
Looks like we got a new tackling/interaction system though.

# 37 raguel @ 04/25/12 11:14 PM
I have to admit that EA/Tiburon will have exceeded my expectations if they just fix the passing game.

# 38 SageInfinite @ 04/25/12 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
I saw some double team pass blocking on the nose tackle in the videos

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Definitely saw no double team blocking engagements on passing plays. Looks like what they have currently isn't capable.

# 39 DJ @ 04/25/12 11:30 PM
Didn't see it mentioned, but since they do talk about better AI in terms of running the 2-minute drill, will we still see a form of Accelerated Clock when we get under 2 minutes in the 2nd/4th quarters? I can't stand that you get down to that part of the game and don't really have to call no-huddle b/c you can just go to the Playcall Screen, select a play and run it within 10 seconds.

There needs to be more risk/reward with huddling in that scenario.

# 40 SageInfinite @ 04/25/12 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
I swear I saw it on the live feed, I will double check.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
If you find it I'd love to see it my friend. Let me know!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.