Home
NBA Live 13 News Post

NBA Live 13 will feature full ESPN branding. Mike Breen and Jeff Van Gundy will handle the commentary in NBA Live 13. Since Mark Jackson is coaching the Warriors, he will no longer be a part of the game.

The NBA Live 13 team will focus on gameplay, presentation and online, according to a recent article at Kotaku.

The Creative Director is a former college point guard and his father played for John Wooden, at UCLA. The NBA Live 13 team is made up of over 70 people.

Source - Two Years Out of the NBA, EA Sports Puts Its Live Back Together (Kotaku)

Game: NBA Live 13Hype Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 56 - View All
NBA Live 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 NINJAK2 @ 04/27/12 01:33 PM
Very scared that they are using Elite as a base. Would have felt better if they said they were building off Live 10...Still curious..

For those saying passing has never been done well I thought College Hoops 2k8 set the benchmark on passing imo.

# 22 datruth251 @ 04/27/12 01:58 PM
Sounds like NBA ELITE base a couple new features and ESPN. No hesitation pass when this game comes out. EA sucks eggs now a days. EA is like that old veteran athlete that doesn't want to leave the game because they dominated when they first jumped on the seen. 2K and THE SHOW are the new allstars and it's just sad to see live keep doing this, like when MJ played for the Wizards. Just leave the game.

# 23 cjonesfan921 @ 04/27/12 02:02 PM
You guys are hilarious.

# 24 champsbasketball @ 04/27/12 02:11 PM
This is the only yr they have been working on the NBA live 13, now it is up to the videos of the game being played in a 5 on 5 setting for me to know what to feel next.

# 25 LucianoJJ @ 04/27/12 02:16 PM

I'd rather see them come back with a college basketball game. NBA2k is too good.

# 26 ccoaxum @ 04/27/12 02:37 PM
See Ea is known for over hyping their sports games so with that said and based off this article, i feel like they are trying their best not to over hype this years game because they do not have the type of air space to come off like that after what happen to Elite. So if i was anybody else i wouldn't read too hard into this article rather it was good or bad, until u play the demo your self. Thats if they willing to put out a demo this year! lol

# 27 Jay Jay @ 04/27/12 03:39 PM
Sound like a good start to me. Bringing back code from previous Live games and adding more on top of what they started with Elite 11 could end up being something speacial, as long as everything work good together is the onlything that matters. If EA chose to use the physics engine I hope they added limb contact to the engine otherwise contact animations is still going to look akward, other than thatim not skeptical at all about the direction EA chose to take Live 13.

# 28 mvb34 @ 04/27/12 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
yea and i don't really understand how you have a 1 year development cycle when you had 2 years to fix the disaster you almost released. They had to know they would be going back to basketball. No excuse for that.

When was the new team assembled? I don't recall them saying they going rebuild from scratch..

# 29 dexvex @ 04/27/12 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
yea and i don't really understand how you have a 1 year development cycle when you had 2 years to fix the disaster you almost released. They had to know they would be going back to basketball. No excuse for that.
This. I was expecting a super-polished game that could at least compete with NBA2k on the gameplay front, but this article reads like "nope its still the same ole year to year stuff as before." Thats highly dissapointing. I'll give it a fair shake but all the hype I had died.

# 30 Jano @ 04/27/12 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexvex
This. I was expecting a super-polished game that could at least compete with NBA2k on the gameplay front, but this article reads like "nope its still the same ole year to year stuff as before." Thats highly dissapointing. I'll give it a fair shake but all the hype I had died.
You were hyped? Interesting

# 31 RUFFNREADY @ 04/27/12 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexvex
Thats really unacceptable as a fan. I'm not expecting anything really.
Every human being on this planet expects something to happen! And in the virtual world, everything PROGRESS' ; if you stand still too long the techno world will pass you by in a heart beat. Technical advances are made on a daily basis; and if you cannot complie, you are out of business, unless you plan on making it for third world countries! So lets take these blinders off our eyes, and see what EA is really up to.
They (EA) allowed for this article to be written and released for one purpose only! To create and start their hype train. Speculation drives the human psyche; and EA incorporates this into their business practices.
Ask yourself; what game(s) has EA never really hyped up before release, and turned out great? i say 1; Dead Space. Now, how many games has EA hyped up soo much, but turned out mediocre? My answer: Everything else!
We all are expexcting and waiting to see something from EA sports and their NBA LIVE franchise!

cheers

# 32 stillfeelme @ 04/27/12 04:37 PM
I am really surpised by the one year development cycle. All that time gone and doesn't sound good but at least there are options for the consumer. From reading the article it seems they are taking some control out of the user with the passing as long as it can't be exploited it might be ok.

# 33 TreyIM2 @ 04/27/12 04:53 PM
I have to admit that if most of 2011 was spent on a bunch of meetings, design ideas, flow charts and interviews for onboarding new staff and little actual physical work on the game, I'm a bit upset by that. Plus dude took time to try to dis NBA 2K - No bueno.

What I did like is that it didn't come off as a 'hype interview'. Subdued, overall, but that also raises flags in my mind. More thoughts when I get to my laptop. Heh.

# 34 wallofhate @ 04/27/12 06:45 PM
Alot of the article sounds good but it rubbed me the wrong way with the mentions of 2k over and over again. Its like mentioning a girls ex boyfriend when your interested in her it gets you nowhere imo. But it sounds very promising as a whole

# 35 Pappy Knuckles @ 04/27/12 07:16 PM
It's cool to get a little information about NBA Live, but I'll be able to make some judgements once I start seeing some clips. I find it funny that some of you are writing it off already just based on the little that you read. Right now I have every intention of buying NBA Elite and hopefully EA doesn't show me something that makes me change my mind. I'm remaining optimistic about the game for now.

# 36 dexvex @ 04/27/12 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
You were hyped? Interesting
Of course I was. 2-3 years dev time would be absolutely huge for a b-ball game. Thats similar to what games like Uncharted and Gears get. To hear that they spent most of that in limbo is an enormous buzzkill.

# 37 scottyp180 @ 04/27/12 07:44 PM
To me the fact that they havent shown anything at all thus far is a bad sign considering they had people playing it all-star weekend. I guess it might be unrealistic to expect the game to be at 2k's level but it sounds like the team is not that impressed or excited about their own product, especially when talking about 2k, but maybe they are just keeping quite since all the attention they gave to Elite blew up in their face. IMO EA is using this game to re-establish itself and gain some sort of fanbase, but not necessarily compete with 2k for a champsionship.

I just hope this game offers something new and fresh. It doesnt have to be the best basketball game ever and it doesn't even need to be as good as 2k12, let alone 2k13. Elite was such a disapointment (based solely on the demo) that I hope Live 13 is atleast on par with Live 10 quality wise,but with a fresh new feel. Something that when I play I can say "This game has a bright future". As good as 2k has been, it has been using the same engine for quite some time and it is starting to feel old. With Live 13 EA has the oppurtunity to set the foundation for the future, where as 2k is at some point going to have to build something new before the series gets stale.

# 38 Jamake1005 @ 04/27/12 08:26 PM
EA only cares about money smh. Wow they really still used a one year gaming cycle when they had two-threes off. This is why EA sports don't get my money they do not care smh.

# 39 hesko @ 04/27/12 09:54 PM
All I know is if EA doesn't deliver, they will be in a deeper hole and should have a half episode of c'mon son dedicated to them. If 2k can't deliver,
they deserve the other half. I hope Live can come back this year and I hope 2k is listening too. Everything I've seen so far on EA's focus for this years game are the things that 2k does better than them (presentation, game play)
and the things 2k still falters in...(online) Either way I'm optimistic.

# 40 The_Gaming_Disciple @ 04/27/12 10:34 PM
In you all's opinion, what do you feel MLB The Show is doing with regards to their consistency in bringing out a quality product year after year...

What things should EA take into consideration to move in that right direction...

Sarcastic or smart remarks please keep to yourself, grown men answer definitively and I don't have time for foolishness...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.