Home
NBA Live 13 News Post

NBA Live 13 will feature full ESPN branding. Mike Breen and Jeff Van Gundy will handle the commentary in NBA Live 13. Since Mark Jackson is coaching the Warriors, he will no longer be a part of the game.

The NBA Live 13 team will focus on gameplay, presentation and online, according to a recent article at Kotaku.

The Creative Director is a former college point guard and his father played for John Wooden, at UCLA. The NBA Live 13 team is made up of over 70 people.

Source - Two Years Out of the NBA, EA Sports Puts Its Live Back Together (Kotaku)

Game: NBA Live 13Hype Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 56 - View All
NBA Live 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 kolanji @ 05/02/12 02:30 PM
>based on my opinion by obligation of the track record of nba live the, the presentation will be awesome especially with the full ESPN branding.

>online had always been better than nba 2k so am giving them the benefit of the doubt even though its a new team until proven otherwise.

>gameplay......well that is just where they are gonna have to surprise me am not getting on the wagon until it stops at a demo or release day.
things that can make it worthwhile

1.spacing and positionning on the court on offense and defense...no ice sliding and unrealistic coverage of distance to close out on shooters and on fastbreaks. including blocking/charging slider works properly.no way Bynum should stay in front christ paul on the perimeter
2.the pacing of the game should be realistic and not a run up and down dunkfest...fatigued and tiredness should affect players throughout the game
3.Atmosphere....bobcats Vs new jsersey nets should not have the same atmosphere as OKC vs Mia or likewise a playoff game...the crowd and the commentators should set the mood in various situations i.e different tones and exclamations and loudness and dialog respectfully.
4.controls...needs to be responsive and fluid to maintain full control at all time.less waiting for canimations to play out.
5.STATS overlay.....very small aspect of the game that has a huge impact.at halftime show things like: lead changes,turovers,rebs(off/def),PIP,points off turnovers,assist/turnover ratio,fastbreak points,+/- stats....these things paint d picture more so during a game than after it gives u a recap of the first half and allows for visual area to improve in or stick with to victory.
6.animations should have a realistic look no way sombody trotting should have the same animation as somebody in a full on sprint (especially with the ball)...likewise jameer nelson shouldn't have a mid air contact with Bynum and knock him over or out the way.the herky jerky annimations and stop on the dime and changing sharp directions needs to be polished

# 82 champsbasketball @ 05/02/12 08:56 PM
Any word on if their going to show some gameplay at E3 this yr?

# 83 zten11 @ 05/03/12 12:48 PM
It's definitely good that EA took the year off on NBA Live to try and get things settled and show people they are making an effort to rejuvenate their game. But I just don't see this making a comeback anytime soon. Every game always tries to hype up fans with that one feature. But overall I think it will be fairly difficult to top what 2K has been putting out each year.

# 84 22cedric @ 05/23/12 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888
same here my friend
They want to make sure that the gameplay is as organic and fluid as possible.

# 85 22cedric @ 05/23/12 01:39 PM
[quote=The_Gaming_Disciple;2043610503]In you all's opinion, what do you feel MLB The Show is doing with regards to their consistency in bringing out a quality product year after year...

What things should EA take into consideration to move in that right direction...

EA Sports approach for the future to to build on quality,depth, authenticity, & dedicated servers on a yearly basis so that sounds promising. When they move to the next gen consoles the transition will be smoother & scalable & sports gamers won't see no stagnent games like they did this current gen.

# 86 Altimus @ 05/24/12 09:05 AM
This is probably the most I've been excited about Live for a while and it's not so much the features but the fact we haven't had two hoops games for a while now.

# 87 23 @ 05/25/12 12:22 PM
[quote=22cedric;2043689443]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Gaming_Disciple
In you all's opinion, what do you feel MLB The Show is doing with regards to their consistency in bringing out a quality product year after year...

What things should EA take into consideration to move in that right direction...

EA Sports approach for the future to to build on quality,depth, authenticity, & dedicated servers on a yearly basis so that sounds promising. When they move to the next gen consoles the transition will be smoother & scalable & sports gamers won't see no stagnent games like they did this current gen.
Its amazing how words can be tossed around seeing as though they havent done that this generation but im supposed to take it as this is what is happening right now?

I just dont buy it, the game is not out yet to tell whether its quality or not

# 88 DJ @ 05/28/12 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
This is probably the most I've been excited about Live for a while and it's not so much the features but the fact we haven't had two hoops games for a while now.
Yeah, that's the big thing for me: options.

2009 was great as we had a good game in Live 10 and a very good game in 2K10 to choose from, and really, there was room for both in your library as they each brought different things to the table.

I will say I hope that EA kept in Live 10's off-ball control. Loved using it in Live.

# 89 DocHolliday @ 05/30/12 01:02 PM
Pretty excited to see what these guys come up with.

Unless it seems truly amazing, I will probably stick with the Rock Solid 2K series.

# 90 leoribas3 @ 05/30/12 08:44 PM
i really think EA should've released more info before E3 this next week, all of their major games such as madden, ncaa and nhl, even fifa have a lot of new info out already and i feel nba live should have the biggest amount of features and stuff announced by now, but at the same time, if they aint announcing it until e3, i really feel they have something up their sleeves, ESPN integration, presentation, and focusing on this "making you a better baller" concept, i think we can expect something big coming out

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.