Home
News Post

Another MLB 12 The Show game update arrived this morning, bring it up to version 1.16. Check below for the details and let us know what you are seeing.
  • Schedules and box score were misaligned for a portion of the games for certain teams.
  • Occasionally when loading into online games, an empty field (home plate view) would be shown and user has to PS button out.
  • Analog bunting interface, versus a behind the pitcher view in online games would cause a frequent freeze when the user on offense bunted.

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 621 Pared @ 05/18/12 09:40 AM
Fellas - use the freezing thread for this discussion. This thread is about impressions.

If you're concerned with Russell helping you, you can always PM him your save file.

# 622 steven @ 05/18/12 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by udo0928
I've tried simming the intire season and post and picking up in the next season. It still froze. I delete it all and start over with the current, default, or online roster it still freezes.
How old is your PS3? do you have the slim or the fatty? The reason I ask is because MLB the show 2012 froze on me too but that was on my PS3 fatty which was almost 4years old, last week I had the yellow light of death ( YLOD ) I was really upset, so what I did was purchased a new PS3 which was the slim in addition to installing a 500 gig hard drive I bought new, when I put MLB 2012 the show in my new PS3 with hard drive upgrade, I have not had any problems at all, game runs smooth and works like a charm, I have not experience any freeze issues at all.

# 623 udo0928 @ 05/18/12 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven
How old is your PS3? do you have the slim or the fatty? The reason I ask is because MLB the show 2012 froze on me too but that was on my PS3 fatty which was almost 4years old, last week I had the yellow light of death ( YLOD ) I was really upset, so what I did was purchased a new PS3 which was the slim in addition to installing a 500 gig hard drive I bought new, when I put MLB 2012 the show in my new PS3 with hard drive upgrade, I have not had any problems at all, game runs smooth and works like a charm, I have not experience any freeze issues at all.
I bought it last summer. It's 320 gb

# 624 JackieMoon33 @ 05/19/12 02:37 PM
Has anybody else just really sucked since this patch came out?

I think I've gone about 3-18 in my franchise since it did, and even in one of those wins my starter gave up 7 runs. Nearly every game I've played since I downloaded it has been exactly the same: I can hit pretty much everything, but the ball always seems to wind up in a fielder's glove.

And my pitching line is usually something bizarre like this:
5.2 IP, 6 H, 6 ER, 3 HR, 1 BB, 8 K

It's the weirdest thing. I know for sure it never happened with any of the older patches.

# 625 Toad79 @ 05/20/12 10:24 AM
I d/l'ed the patch while my franshise was in April. It was a franchise started pre-patch. No problems with freezing and I was real happy. Then I got to May 1. Now when I play a game the audio is completely screwed up. The announcers disappear for a few batters at a time, and when they do talk they're behind the action a little. And if I'm losing going into the bottom of the 9th, it freezes before the 1st pitch is thrown in the inning. This only started happening after May 1. Thing is, it even does it when I'm completely out of my franchise and playing exhibition. So now I'm thinking it's my PS3? I will experimenting...but I may have to restart. Darn.

# 626 ryan36 @ 05/20/12 11:16 AM
Stop talking about freezing.

# 627 Toad79 @ 05/20/12 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
Stop talking about freezing.
Why can't I mention freezing?

This is a discussion about our impresssions from the patch, correct? Well, my impression is that my franchise games started FREEZING and I believe it was caused by the patch!

There's my impression. Happy?

# 628 DGuinta1 @ 05/20/12 01:40 PM
Damn base coaches, get out of the way! lol

# 629 l1mpy @ 05/21/12 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieMoon33
Has anybody else just really sucked since this patch came out?

I think I've gone about 3-18 in my franchise since it did, and even in one of those wins my starter gave up 7 runs. Nearly every game I've played since I downloaded it has been exactly the same: I can hit pretty much everything, but the ball always seems to wind up in a fielder's glove.

And my pitching line is usually something bizarre like this:
5.2 IP, 6 H, 6 ER, 3 HR, 1 BB, 8 K

It's the weirdest thing. I know for sure it never happened with any of the older patches.
Same. I was pretty good at pitching pre-patch. Now I can rarely get out of the 5th inning with any starter. They just don't swing at pitches out of the zone.

Also, I am hitting the ball on the screws but can never get it to drop. Really sick of seeing "perfect timing, wheelhouse contact and good stride" with no results. It is hard enough to do and most of the time you just line out to an outfielder.

# 630 Chef Matt @ 05/21/12 10:19 PM
Finally had a few break out games the last few with 15,12, and 14 hits respectively. I'm knocking the crap outta the ball on the vita version as of now, though I shouldn't have said that cause now I'll probably go cold. But as of right now I'm seeing the ball well and I'm loving every single thing about this game.

Both versions.

# 631 BSUFAN @ 05/22/12 09:21 AM
I don't know if this is because of the patch or I am seeing the ball better but I am getting more walks now than I ever did before, however still getting squeezed by the umpires on balls and strikes.

Update 5/22/12 : Still no patch problems with my RTTS or seasons, good so far. This game is awesome fun !!!

# 632 RoyalBoyle78 @ 05/22/12 09:43 AM
guys I'm sorry, I just dont know if this has any updates didn't wanna read through all the pages, but is the Vita getting the update or not?

Thanks

# 633 Chef Matt @ 05/22/12 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballforever
guys I'm sorry, I just dont know if this has any updates didn't wanna read through all the pages, but is the Vita getting the update or not?

Thanks
We still haven't heard anything yet, FF.

# 634 RoyalBoyle78 @ 05/22/12 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Matt
We still haven't heard anything yet, FF.
Thx Chef........

# 635 Helios12787 @ 05/22/12 04:47 PM
Since we dont have a 1.21 impressions thread yet I'll go ahead and put this info out there.

My franchise that I initially talked about when 1.16 first hit is now fixed.

I had the 150+ losses bug where it would freeze on advance. The losses are still there (only cosmetic) but the game advances. I urge everyone to go back and check any franchise files they've given up on if they wanted to continue.

# 636 DGuinta1 @ 05/22/12 06:48 PM
downloading patch as we speak

# 637 Strings74 @ 05/22/12 07:09 PM
Downloaded new patch. My previously frozen RTTS now works fine. Awesome.

My previous franchise that worked fine is now missing from the hard drive. No I did not delete it accidentally or overwrite it. I just played it the other night and now it is nowhere to be found.

Actually, when I select Franchise and "Continue" one of my RTTS files is actually available to load but with the datestamp from when I last played my franchise. Seriously. I select franchise and it offers me a RTTS file. I tried loading it for the heck of it, thinking perhaps my franchise file somehow got renamed and it says "this load file is no longer valid".

I feel like something like this goes wrong every season.

*sigh*

# 638 Strings74 @ 05/22/12 07:12 PM
Also, I noticed that in RTTS I cannot turn off the Post-Game Auto Save feature even with the appropriate option selected (that is, set to "OFF").

This is obviously a minor issue but it is kind of annoying because I like to turn that off to save myself the extra 10 seconds in between games.

No idea why this happens.

# 639 Chef Matt @ 05/22/12 07:29 PM
You know you had a boring game when the highlight reel at the end only showcases three plays

Beat the mets 1-0

Also, it's weird but I didn't get prompted for the patch and I even dl'ed my save from the vita.

# 640 udo0928 @ 05/23/12 03:05 PM
Is there a new patch coming anytime soon???

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.