Home
News Post

Another MLB 12 The Show game update arrived this morning, bring it up to version 1.16. Check below for the details and let us know what you are seeing.
  • Schedules and box score were misaligned for a portion of the games for certain teams.
  • Occasionally when loading into online games, an empty field (home plate view) would be shown and user has to PS button out.
  • Analog bunting interface, versus a behind the pitcher view in online games would cause a frequent freeze when the user on offense bunted.

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 dutch4404 @ 04/28/12 05:43 PM
my rtts freeze is happening with knights roster

# 82 Heroesandvillains @ 04/28/12 05:44 PM
Thank you for clearing that up. I just don't want other people thinking zip drive files are unsafe.

Sorry you lost everything man. I feel for you.

# 83 bjb @ 04/28/12 05:45 PM
What an absolute disaster. The silence surrounding this is completely unacceptable too.

Has anyone been able to actually download the 4/28 Update and not screw their franchise / game up?

I just downloaded the patch, but I refuse to load my August Franchise and risk ruining everything.

# 84 Helios12787 @ 04/28/12 05:47 PM
BJB to be perfectly honest with you, I wouldn't risk it no matter what.

I'd just delete the patch and continue on. The patch doesn't even affect anything worthwhile (for most anyhow).

From what I can see it seems the FRANCHISE issue only sparks up after the all-star break. I haven't seen anyone so far that has had the issue pre-July.

The RTTS issue seems to be affecting people all over the place though so I really don't know.

# 85 JoeMimic @ 04/28/12 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjb
What an absolute disaster. The silence surrounding this is completely unacceptable too.

Has anyone been able to actually download the 4/28 Update and not screw their franchise / game up?

I just downloaded the patch, but I refuse to load my August Franchise and risk ruining everything.
For what it's worth I downloaded it this morning and I was on October 5th my first playoff game and I've played three games and had absolutely no issues.

# 86 Entiae @ 04/28/12 05:49 PM
Has anyone that downloaded the patch before the All-Star break and then simmed past the All-Star break seen any problems?

# 87 Helios12787 @ 04/28/12 05:51 PM
I'm about to do that right now Sharp. We shall see.

Edit: Going to sim past the all-star break on a franchise file BEFORE I re-install the patch to see if the results differ from a sim with the file installed to possibly test to see if all files are affected just by installing the patch and the affects last no matter what. Or to see if a file is only affected while the patch is installed and then advanced past all-star break.

# 88 Brandwin @ 04/28/12 05:53 PM
If I'm screwed I want a refund for the training points I purchased.

# 89 Helios12787 @ 04/28/12 05:56 PM
Oh wow I didn't even think about that DookieMowf.

Interesting conundrum the dev's have gotten themselves into here.

Wonder if there's anything in the EULA regarding corruption of files and refunds on those kind of things.

# 90 dalger21 @ 04/28/12 05:56 PM
Just played a game with my RttS player and everything worked fine.

# 91 Panthro63 @ 04/28/12 05:58 PM
O's franchise in mid-April = Fine pre and post patch.
Giants Season in mid-June = Fine pre and post patch.

Simmed both to post season = Fine pre and post patch.

# 92 WhiteMan22 @ 04/28/12 06:01 PM
Hope this won't be a problem with franchises that people will be starting. Didn't get to start my franchise yet and was going to do that today.

# 93 Chef Matt @ 04/28/12 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthro63
O's franchise in mid-April = Fine pre and post patch.
Giants Season in mid-June = Fine pre and post patch.

Simmed both to post season = Fine pre and post patch.
Which roster do you use?

# 94 Helios12787 @ 04/28/12 06:06 PM
K just finished simming a previously created franchise through the season (without patch installed). Everything went fine.

Installing patch now and will re-sim the same franchise.

# 95 Panthro63 @ 04/28/12 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Matt
Which roster do you use?
For the O's I've got Knight's OSFM.
For the Giants, I have the original release day download roster.

# 96 LowerWolf @ 04/28/12 06:14 PM
Perhaps foolishly, I downloaded the patch.

Played the April 19th game in my Braves season. Saved. Everything is fine so far. Didn't try simming ahead past the All-Star break.

# 97 Kelvarr @ 04/28/12 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch4404
my rtts freeze is happening with knights roster
My RttS freeze is happening with the default rosters that came with the game.

I really hope I don't have to start over again. If I do have to, I want a refund for my points as well.

FWIW, starting a new RttS works fine with the patch.

I'll try deleting the patch and trying RttS again.

# 98 37 @ 04/28/12 06:18 PM
i just simmed my post all-star break franchise and everything is fine....using OSFM Opening Day rosters

# 99 Helios12787 @ 04/28/12 06:19 PM
K I re-simmed that same franchise file (made before the patch came out) with the patch and it worked fine.

So it worked fine in both situations for that file. Would be interesting to do this about 15-20 times to get a rough estimation on the % chance for having your franchise file affected by this patch.

Oh well time for me to wait around for an official post.

# 100 CujoMatty @ 04/28/12 06:22 PM
My franchise is fixed. I can now look at box scores. My one game that had dissapeared has reappeared. Played a couple games no weird win loss records.
Simmed till end of season and teams finished with the proper number of games.

My franchise was in August.

I feel for those that are having problems. As for me I'm very happy.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.