Home
News Post

Another MLB 12 The Show game update arrived this morning, bring it up to version 1.16. Check below for the details and let us know what you are seeing.
  • Schedules and box score were misaligned for a portion of the games for certain teams.
  • Occasionally when loading into online games, an empty field (home plate view) would be shown and user has to PS button out.
  • Analog bunting interface, versus a behind the pitcher view in online games would cause a frequent freeze when the user on offense bunted.

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 161 BaylorBearBryant @ 04/29/12 02:47 AM
Definitely not downloading yet.

# 162 BatsareBugs @ 04/29/12 03:58 AM
I've been keeping tabs on these patch threads and have not downloaded it because of the "freezing" issue people are reporting, but one thing that's bothering me is people calling out SCEA for not saying anything about this patch.

It's the weekend, most of these guys are probably spending whatever precious time they can get with their families or to get some deserved rest, not all of them can re-side on Operation Sports like we can. They are not required to come on here and each time I see a person call them out for not being omni-present on the forums, I just shake my head.

Sure there are issues that need to be fixed and I get that, but this patch apparently hasn't been out for 24 hours.

# 163 quack attack @ 04/29/12 04:44 AM
i have a few quick questions, 1. there was only 3 things that this patch "supposedly" fixes? 2. if there was only the 3 things fixed, why not wait to release the patch when they can fix stuff that matters?, for instance... ball bouncing to high, fixing the AI depth issues in the outfield, stuff that actually matters, ughhh, i will not be downloading anymore patches till it is advised to do so by SCEA, i have never seen them endorse any of these patches yet, so if russel or someone that actually works on this game comes on here, i'm talking person that makes the game, not online advisors, if they say its a good patch that will improve the game/game play experience and actually put there name and word behind there work then i would download, until then, i'll read pages and pages of people getting more and more p*ssed off

# 164 quack attack @ 04/29/12 05:13 AM
1 more thing, i'm not sure if this happens in other games but i have not downloaded the patch, therefore i get a screen prompting me to download the patch, constantly, it makes the game nearly impossible to play, it will pop up even during plays, this is garbage, i don't wanna complain but this is bs

# 165 Entiae @ 04/29/12 05:45 AM
Have you tried logging out from PSN? I'm not sure if it will fix the problem though, maybe you need to disable your internet connection to not get the prompt.

# 166 Seahawk76 @ 04/29/12 06:07 AM
I downloaded the new patch before reading this thread and now my RTTS freezes up when I try to play a game. I'm using Knight's rosters. I hope they can get this fixed because I don't want to start over.

# 167 quack attack @ 04/29/12 06:41 AM
when you decline the patch it automatically signs you out if you try to play your game, therefore if you want to play online you have to download the patch, ugghhhh

# 168 opd897 @ 04/29/12 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quack attack
when you decline the patch it automatically signs you out if you try to play your game, therefore if you want to play online you have to download the patch, ugghhhh

And not only this but I believe if one wants to just download rosters or any vault files then the patch has to be downloaded..............that's just great.

Guess I am stuck with what I have as I did not download the first patch and am certainly not downloading this one. Learned a long time ago never to download a sports game patch without first looking at impressions from others.

# 169 ryan4889 @ 04/29/12 08:36 AM
NOOOO!!!!! I was in my last 2 weeks of my 1st RTTS season and spent $25 to get my Kenny Powers to 90s in everything...this is madness...hopefully a fix will come out to allow us to continue and not have to start over...if we do, I DEFINIETLY will be seeking a refund. Worst part is no Show for at least a couple weeks while patch gets put together.

# 170 Knight165 @ 04/29/12 08:48 AM
My point was that guys are going off like SCEA just threw together a bunch of code and didn't test it at all.
That's just not the case.

But I was asked if I think SCEA fully tested the patch ver. 1.16.

Instead of an answer, I'll ask one in return.

Do you think it was physically possible for SCEA to test the patch to match every save that the end users of this game have saved on their HDD's?

If your answer is yes......I've got no reason to even respond, because as much as I feel sorry that guys are having issues with in progress saves(of which I don't doubt one bit).....if you think they can test for every possible variation of our saves, you're being completely unreasonable.

....and.....even though it was said by SCEA that you would be able to continue........except for the guy who bought his first console and this is his first patched game.....to think that it was impossible to potentially have a problem with an in progress save is naive.
Not excusing anything here, but let's get real. Patches are a crapshoot except in fresh starts.
...and you know it....and I know you know it.

M.K.
Knight165

# 171 BobbyColtrane @ 04/29/12 08:58 AM
If that is true, it would do SCEA a world of good in terms of crdibility on this forum if they simply said, "you gotta restart your franchise."

After the problems associated with the last patch and the lack of a functional crossplay, it only stands to reason that people here are suspect of their work with these patches.

# 172 dutch4404 @ 04/29/12 09:43 AM
when exactly did this patch come out? was it sat morning? i hadnt played for about a week but went to play sat morn and got the update. so why put out a patch on the weekend if noone is there to fix it?

also alot of people are simming through to see if they get the freeze. can u try to actually play a game? thats where im freezing. when i try to play a game. im not interested in simming anything.

...still cant play my rtts. guess i gotta delete all patches. think if i get to the off season and re download the patch i will be ok?

on a side note i personally think its ok to call some people out on this. ive never complained about the show until yesterday. ive actually been a hardcore advocate of buying every season of it. when people ask if they should buy the new game or keep the old, i spend time listing all of the improvements for them. unless this gets fixed quick, ill no longer tell someone to buy the new game. its easy for people who arent freezing to say give them a break. while i didnt buy any training points, i spent my time playing the game. all to be frozen by their improvements.

# 173 Rowdy725 @ 04/29/12 09:47 AM
Downloaded the patch, was playing a game in the 3rd inning, the game froze, then my PS3 died (YLOD). This is my second PS3 to die while playing the Show (last time it was 2009), most likely a coincidence, but it still sucks.

# 174 dutch4404 @ 04/29/12 09:52 AM
my original release ps3 died while playing mlb 11. weird

# 175 blueduke @ 04/29/12 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
My point was that guys are going off like SCEA just threw together a bunch of code and didn't test it at all.
That's just not the case.

But I was asked if I think SCEA fully tested the patch ver. 1.16.

Instead of an answer, I'll ask one in return.

Do you think it was physically possible for SCEA to test the patch to match every save that the end users of this game have saved on their HDD's?

If your answer is yes......I've got no reason to even respond, because as much as I feel sorry that guys are having issues with in progress saves(of which I don't doubt one bit).....if you think they can test for every possible variation of our saves, you're being completely unreasonable.

....and.....even though it was said by SCEA that you would be able to continue........except for the guy who bought his first console and this is his first patched game.....to think that it was impossible to potentially have a problem with an in progress save is naive.
Not excusing anything here, but let's get real. Patches are a crapshoot except in fresh starts.
...and you know it....and I know you know it.

M.K.
Knight165
Point taken. But wouldn't it be reasonable to assume those franchise files they requested from other users be tested? Were they? A definite 'yes' or 'no' wasn't asked, only your opinion.

As another poster pointed out the things this second patch is supposed to fix had nothing to do with the problems the previous patch is listed as fixing (OF depth, decimal pts being in stats where they shouldn't be, etc btw are still an issue).

While we understand patches are indeed a "crapshoot", if that crapshoot breaks your game and makes it hardly playable you're going to want to let the guy who broke it hear about it. Some people spent over 400 bucks for this game, a Vita which purchase was especially for this game, and a second copy of the game (along with the absurd memory card prices). In this economic climate especially why be so surprised when those consumers complain about an excrement sandwich served to them from any game developer no matter what their reputation is? We're supposed to stay silent or not get too loud? Really?

While patience with the developer is not a reasonable request to ask (and it's been over two weeks btw. Over a week since we've heard anything at all from them. Even patience has an expiration date), shouldn't it also be reasonable those burned in this "crapshoot" would vent their disappointment?

Despite SCEA claiming you could "continue on" my question is continue what? You can't cross platform save, some can't play their franchise at all, while others must avoid looking at box scores. This is not what the consumers who plucked down real money paid for. Given these realities, the surprise these people would dare complain about the vaunted SCEA development team suspends common sense.

EDIT: Now I also understand your position, Knight. You and others were invited to SCEA to check on the development of this game while it was in production and offer suggestion to the development team. After being invited to someone's home, be fed a nice meal, then walk away and say how terrible the meal was wouldn't be kosher and you must temper what you say about any problems the game currently has out of proper decorum if nothing else. All we ask in return is those burned in this unfortunate incident be given the same courtesy. Claiming those people suggested SCEA didn't care or did it on purpose isn't very kosher either

# 176 Cavicchi @ 04/29/12 10:20 AM
I am probably the only guy here who has two PS3 Slim consoles, and I'm damn sure happy to have two! I have 1.06 installed on one and 1.16 on the other, and I have two The Show 12 discs. Hopefully there won't be a problem starting a franchise with the 1.16 patch, but if there is, I'll start one with the 1.06 patch.

I bought two PS3s because I've had optical drive problems and waiting for the repair was not acceptable, or put another way, I need to play The Show baseball.

# 177 dutch4404 @ 04/29/12 10:25 AM
tru dat blueduke.

my rtts is as basic as it gets. i play with almost all default setting. i used knights roster. i can understand people with a franchise can get very different set ups that are hard for a developer to work with. controlling multiple teams and what not. my rtts is as normal gameplay as it gets. knights roster is the only wrinkle i put into it. guess its my own fault for being past the all star break? i dont know.

# 178 tabarnes19_SDS @ 04/29/12 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
I am probably the only guy here who has two PS3 Slim consoles, and I'm damn sure happy to have two! I have 1.06 installed on one and 1.16 on the other, and I have two The Show 12 discs. Hopefully there won't be a problem starting a franchise with the 1.16 patch, but if there is, I'll start one with the 1.06 patch.

I bought two PS3s because I've had optical drive problems and waiting for the repair was not acceptable, or put another way, I need to play The Show baseball.

HAHA I'm right there with you. I have 3 PS3's. I have the fat and slim upstairs still stock and have updated my main system. No problems at all with the update.

# 179 NAFBUC @ 04/29/12 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi

I know that feeling Cavicchi........

# 180 decga @ 04/29/12 10:37 AM
Do we have an option for a download of a patch? When I pop in the Show and there is a patch always get prompt to download it. There is not a yes or no option. I see this patch unlike others there is information or details of patch after the first or two downloads. Also I notice unlike in years past, we do not get info about patches in the announcements in the game.

I appreciate SCEA trying to get things correct, but it seems this year patches are causing problems. Problems that might allow some customers to sway a little. IMO!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.